Wii U and 3DS jailbreak

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I haven't downloaded any of the FE games(doesn't interest me) 3DS not banned and on 11.4 guess I should update my NAND though just in case.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I haven't downloaded any of the FE games(doesn't interest me) 3DS not banned and on 11.4 guess I should update my NAND though just in case.

Make sure to update to B9S if you haven't already. Luma has already dropped support for A9LH in the latest version. Takes all of maybe 10 minutes to do.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got lucky and didn't get banned from the last wave. I'm pretty sure I connected to the internet while playing hacked games too. I opened downloadable contents by accident while playing SMT4 and it wiped out my pirated DLCs.
Yeah, it really only affects people who play MK7/MH/Pokemon, none of which interest me in the slightest. Bravely Default/Second would suck without streetpass villagers, but editing the village savefile to max them out is fairly simple.
How essential it is to play Bravely default with streetpass villagers? I was thinking of playing that next.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing XX online on my US N3DS, I think the ban's are happening if you have the Friends list game share feature on...

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes, and turn off all the Spotpass stuff too. Not that it really matters though. There's something else called "BOSS" that uses the Spotpass functions to send info to Nintendo and it cannot be shut off ever (short of keeping the wifi radio off, which you should do anyway whenever you're not doing something that specifically requires it. Shit drains the battery like crazy.)

How essential it is to play Bravely default with streetpass villagers? I was thinking of playing that next.
You'll be done with the game before you're even half done with rebuilding the village, which severely gimps the equipment you're able to buy.

And yeah, never open eShop or anything in-game that loads eShop stuff indirectly or you will lose any non-legit DLCs.

Vorph

Just updated my 3DS to 11.4 after installing B9S and the latest LumaCFW and I'm not banned. No idea what criteria Nintendo used for the bans because I literally did everything you probably shouldn't. Lots of non-legit games and DLC installed, including the new FE and one cross-region (JP) game, and SpotPass wasn't blocked at all. Friends list was disabled from sending what I was playing, but I don't have any Nintendo friends anyway. Only thing noteworthy about my account is that I've bought every SMT game except IV Apoc. and a few other things like Zero Escape VLR and Steamworld Heist. Unless they're giving people who've spent $100+ a pass I have no idea how I escaped the ban.

Siliconemelons

Okay, I think it was asked and answered but...sorry...ill ask agian.

uTIK downlaod helper is saying it cannot connect to the title key server- using last settings.... whats the updated link and how do I change it? I do not see that option..

need new botw dlc! :) ;p;

Siliconemelons

Downloaded and installed Zelda DLC - it won't load fully says I need to do a system update... safe to do so? Or will it break may haxx?

I figure it's just taking away the dns edit.

Vorph

Wii U firmware hasn't been updated in ages, it's still on 5.5.1. Are you sure it's not asking for a BOTW update? Latest version of the game is v97.

Siliconemelons

Wii U firmware hasn't been updated in ages, it's still on 5.5.1. Are you sure it's not asking for a BOTW update? Latest version of the game is v97.

Yeah, I installed the DLC and not the latest update- the message was saying "system update" - it's fine now I did the game update install- but the DLC is fake sign so I have to run haxchi first...oh well small price to pay!

spronk

FPS noob
there was a wii u system update btw, 5.5.2 this week, that apparently breaks the firmware hacks. I'm sure there are workarounds and shit but may wanna read up on it (and post what you find) before you do any sort of updates, and make sure auto updates is off. my wii u isn't even plugged in at the moment

Vorph

Ugh, glad I have all the Nintendo IPs pi-hole'd. An update this long after Zelda is just weird.

I don't suppose there's going to be any easy way to jailbreak the 2DS XL? I've got an O3DS XL that I wouldn't mind replacing since I lost the IPS/TN lottery on both screens, and I never use 3D anyway. I'd like all the new features, and $150 isn't too offensive a price after I trade/sell my current one.

Last edited:

Vorph

It'll be at least 11.4, but more likely 11.5, and since there's no jailbreak for 11.4 I guess that's kind of moot. From looking at 3ds.guide it's not as much a pain in the ass as I thought. I just won't be able to trade in my 3DS directly for a new 2DS, since the 11.5 method needs to use a system transfer from my current CFW one.