Wii U and 3DS jailbreak

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I remember there being a problem like that with Zelda patches for some people who played the game before it officially released. I think the solution was to delete the patch from the normal Wii U GUI and then install the latest one again with WUP Installer y mod/GX2.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'll give that a shot. I still don't understand how any of that matters given I don't have it hooked up to my internet on the base unit or RedNAND. Strange.

I still haven't gotten the Metroid Prime Trilogy to install properly. Re-downloaded it. Cleared the files off my disk. Etc. Nothing works.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Took me a few downloads from uTik of the Metroid Trilogy before it would install properly. I haven't had an issue with any other installs.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Has anyone hacked a N3DS running 11.2.0-35U? I'm following 3ds.guide and have the homebrew launcher working. However, when I try to run udsploit as per the instructions it hangs 100% of the time after "patching kernel... done !" I've re-downloaded and re-copied all the files a few times now. Wifi is on. Any ideas?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I did but I don't really have any advice for you. I just followed the steps and it all worked.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Has anyone hacked a N3DS running 11.2.0-35U? I'm following 3ds.guide and have the homebrew launcher working. However, when I try to run udsploit as per the instructions it hangs 100% of the time after "patching kernel... done !" I've re-downloaded and re-copied all the files a few times now. Wifi is on. Any ideas?
I had that same version. I had this same exact issue. It hung like 30 times in a row following the guide. I then used the files from this video below(in the video's summary). Using those files, I was able to successfully load the homebrew launcher and then apply all the hacks.

Captain Suave

I had that same version. I had this same exact issue. It hung like 30 times in a row following the guide. I then used the files from this video below(in the video's summary). Using those files, I was able to successfully load the homebrew launcher and then apply all the hacks.

Just to be clear, using this guy's versions of the files for the hombrew launcher allowed you to apply the subsequent hacks correctly? I'm having trouble getting the homebrew launcher to work at all using his files. The sound app just crashes instantly.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
His otherapp payload fails for me every time. The 3ds.guide tutorial gets me running the homebrew launcher flawlessly but I can't get udsploit to run to save my life. Argh.
Ah, I couldn't get the Homebrew Launcher going. Seems we got stuck at different points, but I had the same exact fw version as you do.

Captain Suave

Fuck me. Apparently udsploit was actually finished and all I needed to do was press start. That was not obvious. The script just stopped with "00000000" and I assumed it wasn't done.

Edit: Guide worked as indented after overcoming my initial dumbassery.

Last edited:

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Damn my Nyko Pro controller for my Wii U's right trigger aint working. Anyone know of a good sale on the pro controller?

Vorph

Check local Wal-Mart for clearance, that's how I got mine for 30. Since they've been out of production for a while now, non-clearance sales aren't very likely.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah I got mine from Meijer for $25 each a couple years back when they were clearenced

Caeden

Spoke too soon on SD card. I'm glad I'm running RedNAND.

Anyway. I seem to be having major issues with the DLC for Zelda which right now might just be some cosmetic shit.

I also went 0/10 on getting anything to install tonight. Fuck it. Got my Zelda and Mario Kart fix back.

Last edited:

Caeden

Also, Best Buy had the Wii U pro controllers for $40 online a few weeks ago.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So how is the Wii U mod for VC games? Thought about doing a raspberry pi but have a Wii U sitting here and have everything I need to mod it minus the Y cable. Really only want it for nes/snes games

spronk

FPS noob
man you can count on gaming to always be one fucked up place, apparently there is a ton of drama going on about one of the reddit 3ds mods being a pedo or some shit
[PSA] Recent Community Events

literally the dude is using 3ds hacking to find kids to fuck, thats so fucked up but not really surprising, i guess

anyways i haven't touched my wii u or 3ds in a few weeks, still running 11.2 but i guess there are a ton of new options and shit. wonder if I should look up whether or not to update to 11.4 (latest) or not, i don't really play multiplayer games so probably won't bother

Vorph

I don't see any reason to update firmware until a game comes out that forces it. I'd update all the hacking/homebrew tools though.

Anyone here try putting HENkaku onto a Vita yet? I'm thinking about getting one to finally play P4G and some other stuff that I could just play on PC or PS4, but will probably never get around to considering my backlog. The simple thing would be to get a PSTV since it's guaranteed to be firmware 3.60 or less, but not being portable kind of defeats the purpose, plus I think the hardware is shit (720p max means it's not even useful for PS4 Remote Play anymore). Not sure if I want to risk Ebay or just go get a refurb OLED one from the local Gamestop and be fucking with it tomorrow. Amazon has new JP ones for ~$200 but from what I understand the firmware they come with isn't hackable.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i put henkaku on my vita, you just have to basically open a page in the browser and it does its things way easier than 3DS. Then you can install a CFW although i'm not sure if I ever bothered with that step.

the biggest thing to me is that Sony is much more aware of fuckery with their shit than Nintendo. People have gotten perma account bans for syncing trophies for games they don't own, and I really value my PS4 software catalog so would feel pretty retarded for losing it all because I fucked around with a vita game I don't give a shit about. I'm sure there are ways to keep yourself safe(r) but I'd be worried about hidden code in new games on vita that detect hacks and report you.

As long as you play offline 100% once you install the hack and never go online again I think you'd be perfectly safe. alternatively use a different PSN account so its not tied to your main account at all.