Wii U and 3DS jailbreak

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So does everyone get like 450-500kB/s when downloading 3DS games from freeShop? I'm currently re-downloading SMT IV so that I can add the DLC to it (mixing legit eShop games with freeShop DLC is bad I guess) and it's going to take ~90 min for 1.7GB.

Wii U games come down at like 5MB/s, which is apparently throttled because if I download 6-7 games at once they all download at that speed.
From the research I did it sounds like the o3ds caps ~600kb/s with the n3ds capping around 1.1Mb?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ah I guess that makes sense, although they're both ridiculously slow. Another reason to regret not upgrading my o3DS around Black Friday when Gamestop had the deal going.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ok, got the SD card working again and have haxchi and homebrew channel installed. Should I install redNAND and mocha? I see that vWii and Virtual Console won't work with redNAND and I'm probably going to buy Skyward Sword on the eStore. Does that mean I won't be able to use it if I install redNAND?

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
You should be able to just not run Haxchi after boot up I think in order to use vWii and VC. If you coldboot in to Haxchi then it might become an issue.

spronk

FPS noob
virtual console (3ds games) definitely works with rednand, i'm not sure about vWii i tried skyward sword and it rebooted into Wii mode (I don't have coldboot auto load haxchi, I get the 8 line menu on wii u boot) but I didn't have a motion controller so I can't actually test whether it was gonna work or not

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Did it take you guys forever to dump your NAND during redNAND installation? It took like 3+ hours and I'm not sure if that's because I have a big sd card or if my sd card is shit.

Vorph

Four hours is normal, the system is pretty slow to begin with and it verifies everything it writes before moving on to the next one. Size of SD doesn't matter, only whether the Wii U is 8GB or 32GB.

Elminage

N00b
Apparently the new 3DS 11.3 patch is causing some minor problems with the 3DS homebrew community. Saw at least one forum post that someone had bricked, but they were a noob idiot that had someone else do the hack and it could've been some really old version.

Vorph

11.3 won't cause any problems if you follow the golden rule: never update firmware unless the people making the hacks tell you it's ok to do so. 11.2 still works fine with CFW, you can download anything you want from freeShop and play it. If you upgrade to 11.3, you'll break Homebrew Channel for no good reason. When a game is released that requires 11.3 (usually not a problem because CFW can lie to games about its version number) then worry about it.

Is there even anything notable announced for 3DS in 2017? (Other than Fire Emblem games that Treehouse will shit all over, of course.)

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Rolling along now on Mocha CFW - one tip for anyone using the downloader and WUP installer, if your title has a special character remove/change it. I was getting an install error with a couple of titles and this was the issue.

So are you guys getting TMS #FE going with the Japanese version or patching the US version?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
if you have 11.2 or lower CFW on 3ds you can update to 11.3 with these steps
Steps to Follow to Update to 11.3 • /r/3dshacks

any stock 3DS with 11.3 currently cannot be jail broken. I wouldn't really bother updating to 11.3 for another week or three though, may as well wait to make sure nothing will stop working. Some games may ask you to update every time you start them (online) but none will require it for a while.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Do I need to do anything special to install DLC from uTik? I got the DLC for Mario Kart 8 and installed it like any other game and it gives me an error on the DLC and I have to remove it. The game itself works fine.

Sidenote: I couldn't get my 3ds to work. I tried it like 20 times and it just kept going to a red screen.

Vorph

No, just make sure you're hitting X to install it just like the game. I'd try deleting and re-downloading it. I had a problem with Hyrule Warriors the first time I installed it too, gave me some bizarre error about the SD card possibly being corrupted which was nonsense. Seemed to work fine when I started over (I think, haven't actually run the game yet).

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I had that same issue with Metroid Prime Trilogy. Redownloaded it and it worked. Will try it again.

Vorph

Anyone else having massively reduced battery life with Luma CFW / AL9H? I used to be able to close the lid on my 3DS (old XL) and come back 5+ days later and still have battery power, but now the thing is stone dead after about 2 days tops. I never leave the wifi radio on, so it's not that. And actual gameplay time before it needs charging doesn't seem shorter, only sleep time.

Vorph

So in prep for Zelda, anyone else happen to try getting HID to VPAD working with a new DS4? Apparently my old one would have worked fine, but now I'm screwed since I traded my old PS4 in for a Pro with the updated controller.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I started to order a refurbished Wii U for Zelda, but after seeing the performance on the Switch, I'm holding off.