Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah once I tried out T8 Emission I was permanently sold. I thought it worked similar to Discharge T4 (separate pulse with the listed heal value) but nope! Higher crits are just fine kthx.

I still claim that Barrier is redundant compared to Shield Surge, though. Either Shield Surge needs to be 3 Actuators and/or Barrier's cooldown needs to go waaaay down. Or maybe it could function like Rejuvenator does (one shot effect upon walkover that does the shield + 1/2 IA up front, with the HoT buff applied).
Thanks for these couple of posts. About to hit 50 and am looking at respecing my heal build since I've mostly been solo DPS'ing these last few levels. What AMP builds are you also running?

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I just meant relatively speaking; some classes in most games are facerollers while others people think are bad but tend to have higher skill caps and if played proper they just destory. I typically play ranged/castor so pretty sure I'd go esper or spell slinger, just haven't researched anything since I kept telling myself I wouldn't play. Unfortunately there seems to be like 50 engineers for sale and nothing else.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Anyone know of an in-depth explanation of crafting, specifically weaponcrafting? I have quite a few questions about things that just make no sense at all.

Question of the day: What the hell is up with the assault/support power on weapons you craft? Are you just at the mercy of the recipe, and have no control over it? It's pretty annoying to have a huge level gap in one or the other, making this profession pretty useless at times. This is fairly obnoxious especially at the research level where all of the first claws are assault only, then finally the last (tier 4 adventus) claws are support, out of nowhere. Wtf?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone know of an in-depth explanation of crafting, specifically weaponcrafting? I have quite a few questions about things that just make no sense at all.

Question of the day: What the hell is up with the assault/support power on weapons you craft? Are you just at the mercy of the recipe, and have no control over it? It's pretty annoying to have a huge level gap in one or the other, making this profession pretty useless at times. This is fairly obnoxious especially at the research level where all of the first claws are assault only, then finally the last (tier 4 adventus) claws are support, out of nowhere. Wtf?
The shits not complex until you get up to Weapon Research/Expert. Their isnt really any level gap, at any level. You just dont have the recipe. There is a weapon AT LEAST every 2 levels. In the upper tiers, you start having 2 weapons per level. Do I want a weapon that increases dmg or healing? What about one that refills my shield a small amount? Life steal? Or do I want one thats just straight up all AP or SP?

As for some weapons, they innately start off high in Assault Power or Support Power. You can change that fact when you are working with the Capacitors. You put more into Red, the Assault Power changes in favor of the change. You put more into Blue and you gain more Support Power. The stats are pretty obvious why it takes place this way. There is a random factor to these weapons though, and its the beginning stat for some of them. I usually built Glacioform or something as I leveled, so the random stat wasnt there. But even then, if you HAVE to take that random stat and dont want to waste components trying for a better random - you can decrease that stat to almost NOTHING. Like +3 or something stupid. Then put it all in the stat you want.

Crafting components arent exactly expensive (I think I spend more on Rune Fragments than anything else) - I can reliably, at max tier in the talent tree, create a weapon with the stats I want (because ill dump the random till I get what I want) and Ill increase the stats until they are around a 40% fail. If (or when they are implemented) you get an Epic recipe, I wouldnt put such a high chance on it. But Gold comes easy.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
As for some weapons, they innately start off high in Assault Power or Support Power. You can change that fact when you are working with the Capacitors. You put more into Red, the Assault Power changes in favor of the change. You put more into Blue and you gain more Support Power. The stats are pretty obvious why it takes place this way.
Well, this part right here certainly isn't intuitive, and is a big help if true. Thanks.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Could someone talk to me like I'm 5 about catalysts? The crafting interface seems to think I have only one on my person at all times for a given tier of work, and it's not the one I WANT to use, so I'm assuming either UI glitch, or it's very dependent on what I want to make.

@Intrinsic: Right now I'm doing the following for heals (going left to right on action bar; no number means base rank). Disclaimer is that I'm likely to change this all.

ABILITIES

- Emission 8
- Crisis Wave
- Flash 4
- Shield Surge
- Rejuvenator
- Mending Probes 4
- Antidote 1
- Recharge 4

AMPs

A/S
- Critical Hits III

SUPPORT
- All Tier 1.
- Armor Coating
- Reboot
- Rejuvenator
- Running on Empty

UTILITY
- Cooldowns III
- Solid State
- Regenerator
- Protection Probes

I'm probably going to respec out of the utility (except cooldowns) because I don't really use it aside from the cooldown passive, but I might keep Protection Probes when Genetic Archives comes up (which is mostly why I got it in the first place). If I do so, Hypercharge and Emergency would probably be added (replacing Prot+Regenerator and Solid State), and the last 4 points I'm not sure yet.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well fuck me sideways I totally missed this launch. Downloading now! Still on Stormtalon/Dominion?

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
I've been using a guest pass for the last week or so, and the game is pretty fun. Before I actually purchase, can someone let me know if this is the kind of game I can play casually and still have fun? My life isn't exactly amenable to hardcore gaming at this point, but I still like my MMO time.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That depends on whether or not you want to make progress in dungeons or not. It isn't a very forgiving game and the end-game grind is serious business. I would probably pass on the game, personally.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been using a guest pass for the last week or so, and the game is pretty fun. Before I actually purchase, can someone let me know if this is the kind of game I can play casually and still have fun? My life isn't exactly amenable to hardcore gaming at this point, but I still like my MMO time.
I don't see why not. Casual doesn't mean you suck or can't move out of red shit, just means a lot less play time and there is plenty to do in the game and you could even slowly work towards raiding.

That depends on whether or not you want to make progress in dungeons or not. It isn't a very forgiving game and the end-game grind is serious business. I would probably pass on the game, personally.
You have things like above where people seem to equate casual means the person is bad and can't handle any kind of difficulty.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
IMO the only way you can have fun casually is if you are in a guild to do dungeons with. That is if you want to do dungeons. Pugs are a mother fucking nightmare in this game when doing dungeons.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's some guilds that have "casual hardcore" players, in the sense that they're min maxing good players that don't play a lot, but for the most part casual guilds=retards who can't even do 5man content properly. Finding the right one is I guess pretty hard.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
IMO the only way you can have fun casually is if you are in a guild to do dungeons with. That is if you want to do dungeons. Pugs are a mother fucking nightmare in this game when doing dungeons.
I do a lot of pugs because everyone in the RR guild on Stormtalon is way ahead of me, I just hit 34 today. It isn't so bad. I would say the ratio of dumbasses has really thinned out, it was most thick right around lvl 20 when dungeons were first introduced. I quest for a bit then hit a dungeon, I level pretty quickly for how much I play, really I don't have much to complain about.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I didn't mean he wouldn't be able to do dungeons, more that the excessive grind would burn up a lot of his time and that pugging dungeons is an awful experience across the board because of the difficulty.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
You don't run the 6% crit aura?(which remember also includes buffing yourself).
Get your stinky Assault AMPs out of my Support ones!

Besides, this is why we have 1290837102837 medics.

On the serious, maybe after I get the bonus AMP points 6 months down the line. :p