Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I feel like the game will be a lot better in 2 or 3 months. Hopefully the monthly content updates keep people coming back around. I'm sticking around, though. I think this game has a pretty good future coming.

And yeah, attunement needs some adjusting. I feel like there should be some non-attuned raid content (not world bosses) to keep people busy, and have the attuned stuff be the mega raid final dungeon type shit.

Underjoyed_sl

shitlord
bigger question is, how do you get hacked in the first place? Doesn't everybody run with antivirus and malware protection now a days? You would have to almost willingly install a key logger or get phished somehow.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Ive had multiple instances where curse was the culprit, i'd be doing a fresh install of windows and WoW, and the only thing I'd download after installing WoW was my add ons and the next day I'd get an alert saying my email account had been accessed from china. Happened on multiple computers. authentication solved that problem so i don't really even know if i have a key logger on my comp right now since I still use curse.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I have never had a problem with curse. Problem is people keep using the same email and password for everything on the internet. Nobody every admits to this of course.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Ive had multiple instances where curse was the culprit, i'd be doing a fresh install of windows and WoW, and the only thing I'd download after installing WoW was my add ons and the next day I'd get an alert saying my email account had been accessed from china. Happened on multiple computers. authentication solved that problem so i don't really even know if i have a key logger on my comp right now since I still use curse.
Curse HQ is located in Huntsville, Alabama so I don't think they would have anything to do with your email getting hacked by the Chinese.

Artifa

N00b
What is more likely is curse's account database is or has been compromised in the past, and some people decide to use the same logon/PW for everything like others have mentioned. Once they've been hacked and the one logon/pw combo is out there, they just subsequently get hacked in every mmo they play.

Then they blame the game company.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The most common cause of hacks is using the same username/password on various games/sites and when one invariably gets hacked the hackers then try those same credentials on every other major game to see if they get lucky. More often than not they do.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
People please start using some kind of password manager. Trying to remember all of our 300+ passwords is nonsense anyway.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
People please start using some kind of password manager. Trying to remember all of our 300+ passwords is nonsense anyway.
The other reason to get the two step authenticator is sooner rather than later hackers are going to steal all the wildstar usernames and passwords as they have done for pretty much every other major mmo at one point or another.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Curse HQ is located in Huntsville, Alabama so I don't think they would have anything to do with your email getting hacked by the Chinese.
Im talking the programs delivered through it, not that anyone at curse is "hacking" me.

Also I have no problem admitting some instances being because of same passwords but, this curse thing would happen, then I'd change passwords on email, games, and accounts and it would happen again a day or two later meaning I definitely had a keylogger delivered between installing windows WoW and my addons. Obviously it was one of the addons.

This was a couple years ago though, and curse has changed quite a bit since then.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
There's too large of a disparity between the rewards for doing the dungeon perfectly and doing it a bit less than perfectly. I imagine this is something they will adjust since it's just about all anyone is talking about on reddit.
Making things easier in any form will require a large design/direction change. I'm not saying I disagree with you, but I think the devs are very reluctant to go down this hole of "adjusting" content to make rewards easier for the casual crowd. There is no large time commitment to joining a guild of like-minded players and progressing through hard dungeons at a slow place. 100 percent of the complainers on reddit are people who, for whatever reason, feel entitled to medals in PUG runs. They don't want to make any friends, they don't want to join a guild... I see this as laziness, but think that they outnumber people like me 100:1.

I am doubtful that in the long run, they'll be able to maintain their "Our game is super hard" stance without yielding towards the rather large demographic of players that want to PUG shit with strangers and feel rewarded.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
One thing I don't like about the Wildstar system is that it shows the Authenticator buff. How easy is it to hang around the Auction Houses and find players without that buff knowing they are vulnerable. Then all they have to do is cross that with the info they already have from all the websites and forums they already hacked.

xmod2_sl

shitlord
I'd imagine that it's pretty much all automated and that it's much faster to just attempt the logins and mark the "valid w/authenticator" accounts as such, rather than waste time logging in and gathering a bunch of useless information from people who happen to be standing around you.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd imagine that it's pretty much all automated and that it's much faster to just attempt the logins and mark the "valid w/authenticator" accounts as such, rather than waste time logging in and gathering a bunch of useless information from people who happen to be standing around you.
Yup its all automated attacks throwing credentials that have been found to work in other games/sites common passwords and similar type stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Another reason why having an account name ID (which should be different from your character names) was infinitely better than using an email address.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Another reason why having an account name ID (which should be different from your character names) was infinitely better than using an email address.
I still don't know why games make you use your e-mail. I remember when Blizzard changed it and everyone was like WTF.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is no large time commitment to joining a guild of like-minded players and progressing through hard dungeons at a slow place. 100 percent of the complainers on reddit are people who, for whatever reason, feel entitled to medals in PUG runs. They don't want to make any friends, they don't want to join a guild... I see this as laziness, but think that they outnumber people like me 100:1.
I want you to read what you just wrote. "There is no large time commitment to joining a guild of like minded players and progressing through hard dungeons at a slow.. (what I would assume, pace)"?

I also dont agree with your stance on the issue. Even if you're a brilliant player, have twitch reflexes and a great rig that runs the game flawlessly; you are still at the mercy of the worst person in your group. Silver Medal in Dungeons is so over tuned that if one DPS does Subpar DPS over the entire run, then you'll be stressed at getting just Silver with no deaths (this is with skipping an entire hallway and a respawn point worth of Trash mobs). God forbid you're carrying someone that doesnt know the encounters and dies a couple times. This is based off Storm Talon's Lair, mind you. Which is suppose to be the easiest of all the dungeons. Im not expecting Gold from a PUG, but ruling out Silver if you have to PUG one or two people just seems like it makes doing the dungeonpointless.

To raid, you have to have all these dungeons done. The argument can be said that if you cant learn dungeons, then how the hell do you think you can make it in Raids? Then the argument bounces back to the reward system, again! The disparity between completing the dungeons, getting silver and getting gold are all onvastlydifferent levels. Im glad you have friends that will wipe an encounter if someone dies so they can learn it, but the vast majority of us dont or dont want to put our friends through that shit. Especially if the reward for just completing the Dungeon is basic loot and nothing else. Then its back to trying to find a way to recoup the Gold lost from doing that Dungeon just once. With repair cost and no advancement in gear - the shit just gets ridiculous.

I like Wildstar, and maybe Im not as "uber" as some of you. But Im sorry if Im agreeing with the masses just because I think the Dungeons in this game are fucking dumb right now. Dungeons are suppose to set you up FOR raiding, not be just as hard. Watch some of the encounters that are in the raid zones and youll be able to directly compare some of the mechanics raid bosses have to the same mechanics Dungeon bosses have. Same telegraphs at the same speed. Its nonsense that Dungeons are on the same level.