Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I definitely wouldn't buy a medic. Lolz.
Especially not from Krassus. He's probably used it as his waifu RP Sex bot to make PP on the side while raiding. Can't imagine the random tells I'd receive trying to play that character.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
CREDD check!

Hovering around 5plat, 15G on Caretaker. Heard the Euro servers are higher (around 10).

Anyone can confirm this?
Slowly rising on Stormtalon, moved from ~3p 30g up to ~4p 60g or so in the past weekish, seems to keep moving.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hacking has begun. Guildmate just got hacked and lost more money and gear than you could fathom.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
CREDD is around 4p 15G on Avatus when I checked it this morning. Carl is right, that isn't going to last, so if you managed to get rich quick off something, make sure you get while the getting is good.

Not surprising about the hackers, and the botters - I hadn't really seen any until I got to Wilderrun. Good grief. Guys teleporting in groups all over the place, whacking every tree and mining node in the zone within a second or so of it spawning. That shit is a hot mess and will not be very healthy if allowed to continue for much longer.

Spynx_sl

shitlord
Is the game worth getting in the current state? I dont have a ton of extra cash atm and I really dont feel like wasting the money if its not an enjoyable experience

Carl_sl

shitlord
Is the game worth getting in the current state? I dont have a ton of extra cash atm and I really dont feel like wasting the money if its not an enjoyable experience
Its up to you whether you like this style of game, but on the bugs and hackers front, you can play through the leveling game beginning to end without any bugs if you are lucky, and in two weeks they are dropping something like 1100 bug fixes along with the content update. So if the actiony combat and wow stye questing interest you id say its a definite yes. Otherwise don't waste your money trying to enjoy something you know you don't.

"TecKnoe is the blimpy sandwhiches of MMO gamers"

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I got to 50 on my warrior, plan to DPS. But haven't done much as I feel I pretty much have no direction, no clue what I'm going for. As an MMO vet should I just ball out and hop into vets?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Its up to you whether you like this style of game, but on the bugs and hackers front, you can play through the leveling game beginning to end without any bugs if you are lucky, and in two weeks they are dropping something like 1100 bug fixes along with the content update. So if the actiony combat and wow stye questing interest you id say its a definite yes. Otherwise don't waste your money trying to enjoy something you know you don't.

"TecKnoe is the blimpy sandwhiches of MMO gamers"
blimpy sandwiches are pretty good, I still don't get this?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hacking has begun. Guildmate just got hacked and lost more money and gear than you could fathom.
Welcome to MMOs where if you don't use unique user/pwds and use security options available you will probably have your account compromised eventually.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I got to 50 on my warrior, plan to DPS. But haven't done much as I feel I pretty much have no direction, no clue what I'm going for. As an MMO vet should I just ball out and hop into vets?
You try to finish your key to raid. Whether thats getting Dominion rep to Beloved, or whatever other step you're on. It pretty much drives you through the whole process of gearing up. Though, I would say spend a little time in Adventures and get the blues and hopefully an epic, out of them. Then your dungeons. The direction is your Key quest.

Just my personal experience in this game...

The elder game (not including raids) doesnt appeal to me in the slightest. The whole process of trying to get at least Silver seems neat, at least until you try to PuG dungeons. When it comes to Adventures, I can legitimately say that they can be pugged pretty easily. Though, the winning conditions for all of them need to be more transparent. Getting Silver or worse in an adventure for doing the same thing you did the last run for Gold is dumb and buggy. Just tell me what the fuck I did wrong this time around. Everything is on the internet, why is it a Secret what the Winning Gold conditions are? As for dungeons, they arent exactly hard, but learning these dungeons and getting "good" in them is seems like an exercise in frustration. You either get carried by people that have been playing the game since Beta, or you hope and pray that you have a group of friends or guildies that you can reliably Group with that will learn the shit at the same time as you. Which a group of friends and guildies, can make the dungeon run just as frustrating as it is with a PuG. If you PuG, just expect to not get the reward. Expect no one to interrupt. Expect people to not even have a clue about the content. Lastly, expect any input you give on how to do the bosses to be largely, ignored. This happens all before the group breaks up on its third wipe. Adventures can be just as bad, because as soon as people realize they arent going to get Gold - there goes your group.

tl;dr - I guess I suck at this game in particular. That, or the whole elder game before raiding needs some heavy work done to make it more.. I dont want to say easy? But for fucks sake, I wish I could accomplish something, anything, without having to assemble a God Damn dream team.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Almost made it to level 20 but don't really want to login anymore(time thing). If anyone wants to buy the account with 17 or so days left on the sub for 30.00 send me a PM.

Xevy

Log Wizard
with or without Google authenticator?
He took his authenticator off for ~12 hours. Less than that, probably. They sold all the items that weren't soulbound, changed his profession (wtf), and moved his money (80p +). Luckily they didn't know what CREDD is because he had 12 and they didn't sell a single fucking one.

Worst part is when you log in from another IP you have to verify via email. So that means they had access to his email as well. Fortunately WS tracks IP logins on your account management on their website so you can see exactly what IP accessed your account and when.

Blimpies is awful. They shouldn't exist, but yet they do. No one ever WANTS Blimpies. They are a last resort. Better chains like Quiznos go out of business, but yet Blimpies lingers on.

Carl_sl

shitlord
There's too large of a disparity between the rewards for doing the dungeon perfectly and doing it a bit less than perfectly. I imagine this is something they will adjust since it's just about all anyone is talking about on reddit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
80p and 12 CREDD? Who does he farm for?
He played the economy more than he played the game. He was also an armorer and we were all early lvl 50's. We were all making like 30-75gold profit per item we'd make for the first two weeks of game until market became saturated.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He took his authenticator off for ~12 hours. Less than that, probably. They sold all the items that weren't soulbound, changed his profession (wtf), and moved his money (80p +). Luckily they didn't know what CREDD is because he had 12 and they didn't sell a single fucking one.

Worst part is when you log in from another IP you have to verify via email. So that means they had access to his email as well. Fortunately WS tracks IP logins on your account management on their website so you can see exactly what IP accessed your account and when.
Yep sounds like another silly gamer. Probably uses the same password/user for everything, thus they have access to email. That and removing the authenticator doomed him. Bad thing is players like this ruin any chance of having decent CS times.