Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Ryoz

<Donor>
I anticipate that most people will want to raid fewer than 5 days a week, in talking to people it feels that most are comfortable with 3 days a week and maybe an added day or two during progression. It's a tough question to answer precisely though. Lets look at what we know so far:

We have about 60 people signed up on the google docs and there's easily been about 20-30 more that sent me a PM saying they'd come play but didn't sign the doc. Before doing the 40 man, which is obviously the end goal, we'll have to go through the 20 man. That's probably going to lead to a fair bit of drama in terms of making sure that we have two equal groups doing the 20 man without making anyone feel like there's an A team or a B team. It's also critical that both groups are clearing the instance and not just failing on the first boss - which might require us to shift around members between teams if neccessary.

How I'm thinking we'll set it up (which will likely change quite a bit):

We'll set up two raid schedules and players will be able to choose based on their preference. For example, raid group 1 will do Monday, Wednesday, Saturday with optional Sundays and raid group 2 will do Tuesday, Thursday, Friday with optional Sundays (this is just an example!). That way people get to pick based on what's most convenient for them. Once we move onto the 40 man, we'll focus on the days that are best for the majority of players in order to have a 40 man raid force and move the 20 man raid schedule to the off days / optional days. The goal being to keep a 3 day a week raid schedule and then based on what people want to do add additional days.

Sorry if that isn't as detailed as I know some people want - a lot of the questions about scheduling really end up only being answerable once we have an accurate idea of how many people are going to make it to level 50 and want to raid (which we'll only know after launch).
That's about as close as you can get given the game hasn't launched, thanks man.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I'll just be able to raid when I can. My job's schedule is all over the place.

Btw, does this go live tonight?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No, 29ish hours from now.

Since they took away the realm-first level cap achievement for Warlords of Draenor, I guess I'll have to do the "CAN'T SLEEP, REST EXPERIENCE IS THE ENEMY" thing for this instead.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Must admit excitement is building for me as we approach launch. Still deciding between engineer warrior or medic..

Tactician

Ancient
Me too, pretty excited for this to go live. I know we have a good dialogue going about what server we're going to roll on, but we should make a decision about it soon. I have a bunch of friends on different chat mediums, I gotta let them know where we're gonna roll
smile.png

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I'd say since stormtalon is gonna be the most populated PVE server, that should be the choice regardless of what faction people are playing

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
+1

Stormtalon is still hovering around double the guilds that Caretaker has listed on Guildex. I keep looking at the spreadsheet hoping a few of those Don't know's will switch over to Stormtalon, give the guild leadership an easy call :p

Do it you slackers.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I've spoken to a decent chunk of people about the server issues/concerns. While it's true that Caretaker is slightly ahead of Stormtalon on the spreadsheet (13v10 at the time of this post) we're going to go with Stormtalon. The reason being a fair amount of the undecided did say that if they *HAD* to pick a server, they'd rather do Stormtalon. It's also in the best interest of the guild to go to the server that has the most long term viability regardless of possible opening day concerns.

So the official decision is Stormtalon, please update the OP when possible.

With that being said: it's going to be rather important for anyone interested in playing on Stormtalon to be available when the servers come up to at least make a character and avoid the possibility of the server being locked.

Added edit: If anyone that wanted Caretaker wants to discuss the decision, feel free to PM me.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Amusing thought, weeklies reset on Tuesdays. So if you manage to poopsock to level cap AND grind out your gems by then, you can be a week ahead of everyone at "finishing" your character.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Does the Boom Box thing start tomorrow? Kind of curious about it.

And woot, good to have a server decided on!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They seem to be patching a lot during this "Ops Week". I've been running the patcher ~daily to make sure things are up-to-date for the launch and also to play around with character look and every day there seems to be a substantial quantity of data being passed down.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone recall what items that closed beta participants get? Costume and hoverboard? I remember getting the hoverboard at level 10; will we get that hoverboard at lvl10 at release?