Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone have an extra guest pass. I'm looking to heal shit. Any recommendations?
Esper (If you can handle the stationary DPS side) is an excellent if not top healing class and I believe it is very mobile as a healer but I do not have personal experience.

Medic is an excellent AoE healer but not so much single target healer. They are the top tier PvP healer's I've heard.

Spellslinger: The only thing I know about spellslinger is their healing spells are finely targeted. Good, bad or otherwise I'm not sure. They are top tier on the DPS side but they are the night elf hunter of Wildstar in terms of the number of them running around. Plus you need a super rare amp (drop rate recently adjusted in strain patch) to do the best dps.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think raid healing an esper or spell slinger is probably best but for just about everything else medics seem pretty amazing. Their telegraphs on their heals are pretty huge and once people get used to dodging into them its pretty easy to make sure you are getting your heals when stuff is hitting the fan. They are amazing in pvp because they combine up close aoe healing ability with medium armor so they can take an amazing amount of PVP punishment all the while being active and mobile.

I do miss the dubstep heal though them removing that broke my heart.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Like they said:

Esper: Awesome single target heals, good AE circle heals, good range, bad mobility.
Spellslinger: Good single target, decent AE, great distance range, short AE width, great mobility.
Medic: Okay single target, good AE, short distance, wide AE heal radius, great mobility.

Let it be known that if a tank or target currently has a 'regen shield' hit or proc on it really fucks with medic shield heals. It makes them heal you for like 2k shield instead of 10k.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you subscribed, check and make sure you were only charged once. A lot of people (myself included) have been reporting being charged multiple times.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking of re-rolling as an Exile ... is there any way to get money over to that character, or would someone be interested in trading maybe 1 plat for 1 plat who wants a toon on the dominion side.

Pironin_sl

shitlord
Anyone else have a guest pass? I beta'd a few times and I'm interested in giving it another shot. Just slightly on the fence!

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Heads up for people who cancelled: Check your bank statement/paypal account/etc.carefully. There's rumours going around that sometimes cancelling your sub isn't cancelling the payments.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Same shit every mmo, people getting charged when they cancelled, people getting charged multiple times and people getting charged but their account not getting flagged for a resub and being unable to play. Wildstar being no exception.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah should be pretty routine by now for most gamers. Always check accounts to make sure shit is going right, at least for the first 2-4 months, things seem to get fixed after that.

iannis

Musty Nester
Still not as bad as wolfpack. You'd think with bank draws being an automated process and the games the designers are building being nothing but an automated process that they'd be better at it.

Some mmos have been less bad than others. I never once had a problem with CoH and never heard of anyone else that did either, so you can't lay it at the feet of NCSoft. Positron just knew what the fuck he was doing.

I guess it's true what a lot of professional coders say. Sloppy code is just industry standard.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well generally problems are only the first month, sometimes later but not as frequently. First month is when bugs pop because they didn't really test that shit properly so it always breaks pretty much. Was just saying at this point it should be common knowledge, like not reusing a password even if you only used it once or on a totally unrelated site, end of first month, check your bank account even if you don't play the game anymore and didn't sub.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The problems are never as wide spread as people claim they are either. One reddit thread and a couple forum posts. WoW still fucks up billing and you would think they would have it perfected by now. Shit happens.