Winter 2024 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Strongest Tank's Labyrinth Raids

Genre: Animation

First aired: 2024-01-07

Cast: Jun Kasama, Kaede Hondo, Kana Ichinose

Overview: Rud is a tank of the Hero's Party and is said to have the highest defense ever in history. The party often does labyrinth raids, but to Rud, it means more than just a raid. To cure his beloved sister's illness, he is in search for the wish-granting treasure that might be hidden in those labyrinths. But one day, the arrogant hero kicks him from the party after an unsuccessful raid attempt, blaming it on his skills whose effects he is still unaware of. Without nowhere else to go and nothing to do, he decides to return to his hometown, where his sister is waiting. On his way there, he saves a girl who was being attacked by a monster. Unexpectedly, this girl has an extremely rare skill called "Appraisal". Thanks to her skill, Rud is able to discover the truth behind his unknown skills, which turn out to be very powerful skills. With a defense of 9999 and powerful skills, thus begins the adventure of the strongest tank, Rud!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
winter-2024.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Quickly browsing the list, the one that caught my attention was the tank one that's the title of this thread. Honestly, the picture caught my eye, so I looked a little more and found out it's about a tank. Probably isekai, or at least isekai style.
But you can't turn away from Frieren. Damn is that a great show.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

Dang the last anime I watched was the into a mmorpg one where like right off the bat the healer died and there then was no season 2.. wonder if there ever was… like I would have to look up my posting history to find it lol

so much crazy anime now days makes me long for the classic depression of Windaria lol

edit: sorry I did watch the new bastard that somehow has no real nudity? But got sidetracked before I got to where the original OVA ended so my reason for watching was to see the continuation never happened. Also I played the Deedlit Metroid Anita game so I want to re watch Lodoss war

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
gonna go out on a limb and say that solo leveling will be the highlight of the season

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
gonna go out on a limb and say that solo leveling will be the highlight of the season
Probably right. I read the entire manga as well as the light novels for the series, and I really like that one. The newer releases of the manga were a good refresher, but I didn't like them as much as the original.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Could Amod Amod change the title to Winter 2024 Anime Thread ?

Also, quickly browsing the list, the one that caught my attention was the tank one that's the title of this thread. Honestly, the picture caught my eye, so I looked a little more and found out it's about a tank. Probably isekai, or at least isekai style.
But you can't turn away from Frieren. Damn is that a great show.
done

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Dang the last anime I watched was the into a mmorpg one where like right off the bat the healer died and there then was no season 2.. wonder if there ever was… like I would have to look up my posting history to find it lol

so much crazy anime now days makes me long for the classic depression of Windaria lol

edit: sorry I did watch the new bastard that somehow has no real nudity? But got sidetracked before I got to where the original OVA ended so my reason for watching was to see the continuation never happened. Also I played the Deedlit Metroid Anita game so I want to re watch Lodoss war
I'm thinking it's Grimgar. That show was very good as well, but the novels for that are phenomenal. I really like that series. This isn't really a spoiler, but Haruhiro's group eventually joins Soma's guild, the Day Breakers. Oh, and eventually Moguzo (the tank) dies in battle against an army of Orcs. They get a replacement in the form of a tall guy who's a Paladin. But yeah, their group is really strong. All of the characters go through drastic changes throughout the books.

• 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

I'm thinking it's Grimgar. That show was very good as well, but the novels for that are phenomenal. I really like that series. This isn't really a spoiler, but Haruhiro's group eventually joins Soma's guild, the Day Breakers. Oh, and eventually Moguzo (the tank) dies in battle against an army of Orcs. They get a replacement in the form of a tall guy who's a Paladin. But yeah, their group is really strong. All of the characters go through drastic changes throughout the books.

lol that’s the one it seems, I liked it although as I said only saw the first season and there were no more at the time, this was many moons ago so I guess there are more now.

thanks I’ll give it a go!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
lol that’s the one it seems, I liked it although as I said only saw the first season and there were no more at the time, this was many moons ago so I guess there are more now.

thanks I’ll give it a go!
There aren't. It's 1 season long. The rest of what I mentioned was in the light novels. I like reading, so it was good for me.
Here's a download if you want:

• 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Mashle is back! Huzzah!
Frieren is a no brainer.
Apothecary Diaries is really great.
SLF is a no brainer.

Couple isekais I have read on the new list. Will give em a shot.

Edit: Urusei Yatsura reminds me I should give S1 a watch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
A lot of good stuff this season, plus a couple leftovers from the Fall.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This is jumping the gun, but they just released a promo image of the next part of Mushoku Tensei. It'll air from April to June.
1703096287834.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Just watched the previous Bunny Girl Sempai movie and realized in the first 10 mins I have almost no idea what's going on. Just a vague recollection of who all these characters were. Had to go back and watch the season again. All caught up for whenever this new movie drops.

Forgot how nice and wholesome this series was outside of the odd supernatural stuff. This new movie will be the 3rd one.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched a few of the new shows, and they all seem worth watching more of so far, except maybe Slave... I get the feeling that might get outta hand, lol.

Slave
Pii-Chan and Sasaki
Unwanted Undead
Healer

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Giving tales of wedding rings a try. First ep was solid enough for me.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database