Winter 2024 Anime Thread

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ragna is some mid tier shit, but that last scene got me hype for the confrontation.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Solo Leveling is back this week. It was good. SLF was also good. Bunny harem +1.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Solo Leveling is back this week. It was good. SLF was also good. Bunny harem +1.
You got me watching SLF - Im only about 10 episodes in so far and its not as serious as I prefer, but its still pretty good. I thought this weeks episode of Solo Leveling was too much exposition or w/e you call it. Didnt seem like the plot moved that much, if any at all. Frieren's episode felt the same, plot wise. Both shows episodes were enjoyable this week, though.

I keep paying attention to the top 10, but I just cant get into a bunch of the animes a lot of other people do.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You got me watching SLF - Im only about 10 episodes in so far and its not as serious as I prefer, but its still pretty good. I thought this weeks episode of Solo Leveling was too much exposition or w/e you call it. Didnt seem like the plot moved that much, if any at all. Frieren's episode felt the same, plot wise. Both shows episodes were enjoyable this week, though.

I keep paying attention to the top 10, but I just cant get into a bunch of the animes a lot of other people do.
Character development episodes are like that. But in both cases they are setting things up for plot points to come. Not everyone has read the manga. If you haven't, I can highly recommend both. They are excellent stories.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Character development episodes are like that. But in both cases they are setting things up for plot points to come. Not everyone has read the manga. If you haven't, I can highly recommend both. They are excellent stories.

First couple of episodes of Solo Leveling got me interested enough to read the Manga. The power scaling goes to retard levels but it was a good story.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
Ring King is good enough as a trash anime. My singular complaint (aside from another soy boy MC) is the random scenes where it shows movement. The ground NEVER matches the speed. Feet are constantly sliding over the surface instead of being fixed in one location.

it's trashy and cheaply made but sometimes you need a show like that

velk

Trakanon Raider
Bang Brave Bang Bravern is the best kind of absolute trash. Maybe they just get me, but I was laughing my ass off the whole episode.

I just got around to watching the first few of this.

First episode I was ok, not too bad, very serious business, wait what the ?!

Second episode with the expressions on the military officers in the briefing while Braven talks about his first time with Izami, had me laughing harder than any actual comedy I've watched in the last year.

It's not even really parody or satire - it's kind of like an anime version of Deadpool, where you have a serious, grounded story and then a giant gay robot crashes down in the middle of it with zero respect for common sense or logic, but the rest of the show stays serious, not even waving away the comic book logic.

"Sir ! It's Braven !"
"Wait, why is his name on the radar ?"

It's definitely trash, but personally I find it hilarious trash.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
I just got around to watching the first few of this.

First episode I was ok, not too bad, very serious business, wait what the ?!

Second episode with the expressions on the military officers in the briefing while Braven talks about his first time with Izami, had me laughing harder than any actual comedy I've watched in the last year.

It's not even really parody or satire - it's kind of like an anime version of Deadpool, where you have a serious, grounded story and then a giant gay robot crashes down in the middle of it with zero respect for common sense or logic, but the rest of the show stays serious, not even waving away the comic book logic.

"Sir ! It's Braven !"
"Wait, why is his name on the radar ?"

It's definitely trash, but personally I find it hilarious trash.

It reminded me a lot of Akiba Maid Wars from last year. Something that is serious and absolutely absurd at the drop of a hat.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yo that was straight up hentai! Not sure how HIDIVE even showed that haha.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
damn, Ubel can't imagine not cutting
Netero vibes from Frieren's secret

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
1709949527051.png

Hate that he won’t get to see these recents arcs be made into anime. I’ve really enjoyed the manga. I have no idea what to expect in this new series but we’ll see.

Goku may be one of the most wholesome character creations of all time. Hard to tell just how many other characters and stories were influenced by what Toriyama.

RIP

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Chysamere Chysamere hates the running gag with Frieren and the mimics. To me this is almost as bad as being the kind of intransigent cunt who refuses to watch Kaguya out of pure spite so I felt he needed to be publicly shamed.

Thank you for your time.

• 4Worf
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 4 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Chysamere Chysamere hates the running gag with Frieren and the mimics. To me this is almost as bad as being the kind of intransigent cunt who refuses to watch Kaguya out of pure spite so I felt he needed to be publicly shamed.

Thank you for your time.

I don't hate the running gag. I just think it's not funny.

A sentiment most likely shared by the people around her.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I think it's just supposed to be a quick widow into her soul. Yeah, it's not funny.