Witcher 3

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
1 is basically unplayable gameplay wise its like trying to play a 90s CRPG (not a recent game done in that "style" like BG3 or Divinity 2, an actual 90s CRPG) and I dont even remember the story, i dont think it mattered. Basic lore/setting primer that's all.

Story wise 2 leads directly into 3 so for the overarching storyline it makes sense to play 2 first then 3...

however, love interest wise 3 makes no sense at all if you play 2 first.

Basically in 2 you are banging trish merrigold and then 3 starts and you are already banging yennifer and there's no mention of Triss until way later...

Eventually they explain that you had amnesia or some shit for 2 years which is when 2 took place which is why you thought you were single and could go bang Triss, but really you had been with Yennifer the whole time and were now back with her...idk it didn't really make a lot of fucking sense but whatever. Just make sure you don't try and bang them both in 3 unless you thought that video of the comedian trying to have a threesome was interesting.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
1 is basically unplayable gameplay wise its like trying to play a 90s CRPG (not a recent game done in that "style" like BG3 or Divinity 2, an actual 90s CRPG) and I dont even remember the story, i dont think it mattered. Basic lore/setting primer that's all.

Story wise 2 leads directly into 3 so for the overarching storyline it makes sense to play 2 first then 3...

however, love interest wise 3 makes no sense at all if you play 2 first.

Basically in 2 you are banging trish merrigold and then 3 starts and you are already banging yennifer and there's no mention of Triss until way later...

Eventually they explain that you had amnesia or some shit for 2 years which is when 2 took place which is why you thought you were single and could go bang Triss, but really you had been with Yennifer the whole time and were now back with her...idk it didn't really make a lot of fucking sense but whatever. Just make sure you don't try and bang them both in 3 unless you thought that video of the comedian trying to have a threesome was interesting.

Well the games aren't exactly cannon but basically Geralt and Yen both died, but when they came back to life they were separated and the Hunt had wiped their memories. Yen was no where to be found so Triss started helping him try to regain his memories, plus it's a great reason to see some vidya game titties.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
W1: PC game, finished it several times. Would!
W3: in queue for years (yeah, yeah ><), waiting on me to finish...
W2: started playing a few times, gave up after a day or two each time: fucking consolitis.
YMMV (I don't use consoles).

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
Well the games aren't exactly cannon but basically Geralt and Yen both died, but when they came back to life they were separated and the Hunt had wiped their memories. Yen was no where to be found so Triss started helping him try to regain his memories, plus it's a great reason to see some vidya game titties.
this might be book cannon or the games bridge to being closer to book cannon but since it's never been mentioned prior in the games it comes off as a giant retcon.

It's not like you had a romance with Yennifer in 1, *something* happens and she's gone in 2 so you romance up Triss, then in 3 you are back with Yennifer.

You are with Triss until the start of 3 when magically you were always with Yennifer you just forgot that you were.

I get that yennifer is the actual love interest in the books I guess, idk didn't read them, but from the games explanation and the TV series I kinda get that was supposed to be the vibe, just the games were not faithful to this story until 3 and so had to make up an excuse on why they weren't.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
this might be book cannon or the games bridge to being closer to book cannon but since it's never been mentioned prior in the games it comes off as a giant retcon.

It's not like you had a romance with Yennifer in 1, *something* happens and she's gone in 2 so you romance up Triss, then in 3 you are back with Yennifer.

You are with Triss until the start of 3 when magically you were always with Yennifer you just forgot that you were.

I get that yennifer is the actual love interest in the books I guess, idk didn't read them, but from the games explanation and the TV series I kinda get that was supposed to be the vibe, just the games were not faithful to this story until 3 and so had to make up an excuse on why they weren't.
Just...god damn.

The first game starts with Geralt waking up with amnesia, having survived his apparent death in the books. There are multiple in-game references to Geralt having previously been in a relationship with someone that wasn't Triss, one of those references even comes from Triss herself.

Geralt has flashbacks of Yennefer in the second game, at the end told she's still alive and amnesiac somewhere in Nilfgaard, and if you saved a certain NPC earlier in the game is even told where to search for her.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users