Witcher 3

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't go as far to say 'SLI works fine for everything now' at all. Many games aren't even released with SLI support despite what they claim and others require multiple driver updates for optimization. I would agree that it is much more manageable, but that is primarily because of the ease and speed of driver updates these days. Games usually catch up and things are great, but do you have the latest nvidia driver, and game update, and your nvtuner settings customized, etc... But it has improved.

Having said that I won't be going SLI again, there are still just a few too many quirks for it to be transparent to the user and sometimes (but more rare) it is just downright frustrating.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mouse and kb or controller?
Definitely using my DS4 to play it. With DS4Windows you can map like 8 more things (single keypresses or macros) to the touchpad.

Strangely, the PS4 version barely uses the touchpad at all, it's like press one side for inventory and the other for map or something like that. I plan on mapping Igni/Aard/Quen to it at the very least, to minimize how often I have to use the radial menu.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I realize not all games will be compatible for a while though I heard witcher 3 might get a patch. But I will be interested how dx12 affects sli if it does everything they are saying.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Interesting thing coming out of the "Ask the reviewers" video with VanOrd, at higher difficulty levels they do things like increase the cast time of your spells etc over just straight up +hp to mob changes.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I got burned bad on crossfire (AMD's SLI) and vowed never to do it again, but I'll probably buy a second GTX970 sometime. My experience is Crossfire rarely worked for new game releases, added judder and latency and sometimes never worked for games. It also had compatibility issues with some post-processing tools/mods like borderless window mods, fxaa etc. This is frustrating because I built my previous PC specifically for Skyrim and Crossfire worked like shit on it.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I upgraded to two 970s after GTA 5 released and I've had no issues with any game thus far. Not a lot has come out since, but all older games work fine with it as far as I can tell.

Crossfire is different from Nvidia's SLI because AMD simply aren't as widely supported by anyone. I used to love AMD when it was ATI, but since the merger I've quit using their cards completely because they always seem to be much more problematic than Nvidia's cards.

Penance

I've had nothing but good experiences with cross fire. I've never done SLI, but I plan to with my new setup. I'll probably get a new 980 sometime around xmas.

Playing through Witcher 2 on Dark mode setting and its really fun. I forgot how much I loved this game. I swear its got that feel of what drew me into game of thrones.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Would they get more if we go steam or pirate it and paypal them instead? I mean, if it's so important. Gonna buy, sure, but steam is so much better than gog imho.
I actually thought about doing that for a few games where I know some developer poured his heart and soul into some piece and deserves all the credit for its success.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since the graphics are now on the console shit tier level, I don't think you'll need a beast to run the game on ultra.

Vaclav

You're a pretty whiny bitch if you think those are "shitty graphics" - not the absolute best, sure - but "shitty", seriously...

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
You're a pretty whiny bitch if you think those are "shitty graphics" - not the absolute best, sure - but "shitty", seriously...
If people have high end PC's and the PS4 version looks damn near identical, I can see why people are upset with more common denominator development. I mean christ there isn't any advantage to the PC version based on this and I may as well have just bought it for the PS4 and quit upgrading my computer.

Vaclav

If people have high end PC's and the PS4 version looks damn near identical, I can see why people are upset with more common denominator development. I mean christ there isn't any advantage to the PC version based on this and I may as well have just bought it for the PS4 and quit upgrading my computer.
Consoles always do more with less horsepower - it's not surprising to see them pretty much neck in neck this recently after the next gen.

Vorph

A bunch of numbers and a letter: 1440p144.

If that's not your goal with a high end PC these days, then yes, you are indeed wasting your time and money upgrading.

In the meantime, you've still got the ability to run at 60 fps, you can turn off ugly shit like chromatic aberration, motion blur, and bokeh depth of field, there's post-processing tools like ReShade, MasterEffect, and SweetFX, etc.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't say shitty graphics, I said console shit level tier. If you enjoy 1080/900/720p @ 30fps setups, fine by me. But I don't think because console tech stalled around 2012 we PC gamers have to deal with it.

Vaclav

I didn't say shitty graphics, I said console shit level tier. If you enjoy 1080/900/720p @ 30fps setups, fine by me. But I don't think because console tech stalled around 2012 we PC gamers have to deal with it.
I've got a high end PC: 970, i7, SSD, etc - if you think they're bad enough to actually impact your enjoyment there's something seriously wrong with you. Sorry. And I'd be shocked if you can't up the resolution and FPS - those aren't "stalled" or forced.

And comparing them to shit, I consider to be equivalent to saying they're shitty - pretty sure most people would. Something that is "shit tier" should by definition be "shitty".

Let's be honest, you were being hyperbolic and you wanted better and you're a bit disappointed. But it's honestly a minor damn difference. Looks better than DA:I and I don't recall anything as over the top as your statement regarding DA:I.

Vorph

So run the game at 1440p60 or higher.

Me, I'll believe all this hyperbole when I see it for myself on my own desk (which will have the PC and PS4 versions running side-by-side on Wednesday). Until then, I'm not going to get all riled up over YouTube videos that use such shitty compression that you can't really see anything of value.