[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I grabbed all the followers I can get without excessive faction grinding.
Did that; it helps that I just upgraded the Garrison to 3. I'm going to shelve away all the profession-linked followers that don't have a major counter I'm missing; that slot is better used by any loc/ennemy counter, racial perk or performance enhancer from random.

Still need Croman though. There's only two Massive Strike counter followers; got covered 3 or 4 counters for every other attack. Maybe I'll be lucky on an epic upgrade later, but not counting on it.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I followed the barn suggestion that was thrown around alot before release and while I'm happy with the income and building a stash of hexweave through the fur, I am seriously GR-starved to the point that I am considering a switch to lumber mill or trade post. Lumber mill gives another 1-2 followers which is nice too. Thing is I dont see logging spots too often without having the building, do you get them marked on the mini-map once you can mark them or are they hidden away in special groves somewhere?

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
I followed the barn suggestion that was thrown around alot before release and while I'm happy with the income and building a stash of hexweave through the fur, I am seriously GR-starved to the point that I am considering a switch to lumber mill or trade post. Lumber mill gives another 1-2 followers which is nice too. Thing is I dont see logging spots too often without having the building, do you get them marked on the mini-map once you can mark them or are they hidden away in special groves somewhere?
I switched to trade post, never looked back.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
900 for barracks 2 was kinda brutal. took me a couple days of active resource management to get it.
Bodyguards are awesome. For most of my alts, it's going to be purchased as soon as I get the outpost notes from Talador (since you need those or wait level 100 to purchase the plans).
Theres a +resources perk?
3 of them!50, 100 and 200%. Got 2 of the 200% from random epic followers. Of course, none of the missions for GR I got ever required their counters...
DO NOT LEVEL ANYONE TO 100 RIGHT AWAY. Seriously keep them at 99 so all your missions will be lower. Do not pick up any of the level 100 followers until you are ready to move into the level 100 mission tier.
The hotfix text gives you an inkling of how mission random work: there's three pools, the 100 pool, the 99-95 pool and the 94-90 pool. Once you unlock the 100 pool, 1/3rd of your missions will be level 100 IF you have one or more level 94- follower. If you have none below 95, it will be half your missions, even if you have only 1 level 100 follower and 19 level 96...

(you have one mission slot per follower, but the missions aren't of that follower's level...)
Don't really agree with this. I think you should use your armor/weapon *sets* immediately, especially by applying any rare (630) or epic (645) ones you get to one of your epic dudes. What you don't want to do is apply the +3/6/9 items to followers who are still only 600. Save those for getting your 630's to 645, since epic sets are extremely rare, or 615's to 630 if you're really desperate.
Simple trick: since it's the average ilvl that counts, raise to 645 either the weapon or armor and leave the other alone. That way, when you get a fixed ilvl upgrade, you have empty slots to apply it to.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
First day of tracking Salvage / Missions. I have two characters right now. One has L3, the other L2. I don't have a large sample set because half of my data just tracked missions vs crates and then I started to track missions success / failure and crate return.

Results

16 L3 Missions, 0% Normal Crate, 15% Big Crate
*No Crates from failed missions

30 L2 Missions, 30% Normal Crate
*Mostly even distribution Success / Failed Missions

Going to start tracking data again when servers are back online. Unfortunately(?), I am going to hit 100 with my second char this week and will most likely get L3 yard going. Big Crates seem to give double the loot of normal. So at the worst, you break even and have a higher chance of better things, hopefully.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Big crates can also give you lvl 20 greens
frown.png
. I'd say (going off memory) about 1/5 of the greens i get from big crates can be DEd into draenor dust. Got a lvl 70 epic druid staff though!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Are the body guards worth a shit if you're 100? I'm a Warlock, so I already have pets and can solo all kinds of shit. Should I even bother upgrading(or even keeping) barracks?

Vitality

HUSTLE
barracks is good for +5 max followers alone. Rep lvl 3 warlock can summon friends to you, the arak guy can let you do missions without being at your garrison.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
barracks is good for +5 max followers alone. Rep lvl 3 warlock can summon friends to you, the arak guy can let you do missions without being at your garrison.
Oh, I didn't know the bodyguards did shit like that. I will upgrade then.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
There any tricks to get Millhouse Manastorm to spawn if you're still in level 2 garrison hell?
frown.png

In case it hasn't been posted, you can swap the locations of medium buildings to respawn the inn or something (no cost, no re-build time, etc). Requires level 3 though because you need 2 medium plots obviously.

edit: finally got him. played an alt for a bit and then went back over to my other character. I'd tried this before but maybe I just didn't stay off my other toon long enough. Or it was just a fluke.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Rep lvl 3 warlock can summon friends to you,
Unfortunately, it's an exact copy of the warlock spell (meaning you still need a 2nd person to click on the portal). If you're a warlock, you gain exactly nothing.

Bodyguards max rep abilities:

First (from Ashran): portal to garrison
Ogre from Gorgrond: repair
Talador: summon spell (warlock portal)
Arakkoa (Arak): mailbox
Sabermaw (Arak): mission table

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Are the body guards worth a shit if you're 100? I'm a Warlock, so I already have pets and can solo all kinds of shit. Should I even bother upgrading(or even keeping) barracks?
My paladin is now 637 and with the mage bodyguard with him she is putting out about 25% of my damage.

Watching her meteor and blizzard a pack of enemies to death makes me smile. I've been using the hell out of her rank 3 garrison portal as well.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I use the shaman Leorahj or whatever the name is. The one that acts as a mission table. Sounds like he does similar damage to the Mage. He doesn't have any like that but he acts with lightning and tosses a heal your way if you need it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Recruited a 200% scavenger this morning, cannot be more excited to level her up, lol. I need exp pots or something for followers.