World of Warcraft: Classic

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Further - those of you who are in beta, are mods working alright? Has blizz commented on if mods that work in beta will work once it releases?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
If you're talking about beta chances, a bunch of 2004 people are in beta, but someone I play with occasionally didn't start playing until WoD and got into beta so.. completely random I imagine

Don't tell me that, I don't want to sub.

xzi

Mouthbreather
If it makes you feel any better I've been subbed since day 1 and still play with a ton of PTR bug reports under my account and I'm not in the beta nor the stress test today lol

Not worth a sub, time to freeze yourself for 3 months

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This streaming thing is not as easy to set up as I thought.
Download OBS, setup twitch account, login via OBS, hit "Go Live", the end???

Edit: If you need help setting it up let me know, I've been streaming for like 4 years now. I can PM settings and stuff.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Further - those of you who are in beta, are mods working alright? Has blizz commented on if mods that work in beta will work once it releases?

Currently it's a clusterfuck, because Blizzard removed a lot of API and Frames like for achievements, and reintroduced API for things like pet happiness. Couldn't find a proper documentation for the Classic API.

Some addons work, and some people have already begun porting things to WoW Classic. There is a category on WoWInterface:

Personally, I have "fixed" Elkano's Buff Bars to work with Classic with minmal hassle. Some other addons are tougher, especially with all the libraries they load.

One example: Elkano's Buff Bars uses LibDualSpec-1.0, but there is no dual speccing in Classic. So the API Function for it does not exist:
Code:
local numSpecs = GetNumSpecializationsForClassID(classId)
So you have to write wrappers around it to check if the function exist, or outright check the GetBuildInfo():
Code:
local numSpecs = 1
if GetNumSpecializationsForClassID~=nil then
    numSpecs = GetNumSpecializationsForClassID(classId)
end

xzi

Mouthbreather
Mods do seem to be working and there's a site dedicated to keeping an update-to-date list of which current mods are supported for Classic: Will It Classic - A Community driven source for up to date information on addons for Classic WoW.

Looks like current mods like Details, Raider.io (not sure why), etc are being updated to support Classic. I even saw ElvUI is going to be supported in Classic for those who use it currently or did on live.

can't wait to fuck on these retards with my 81 .io score

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I was watching Joana stream a few days ago, the speed runner with the record speed run in vanilla of 4 days and 20 hours. anyway hes got a questing speed run guide hes been keeping up to date and mentioned that hes contacting some of his programmers to help him make a modern classic quest helper type mod based on his guides.

I remeber using his guides back in the day and they are pretty good. Def gonna use them again for sure.

joanasworld.com

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It'll get destroyed if the WoW-Pro or Azeroth Autopilot variants are updated for WoW Classic. They blow that shit away.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Well, I just tried the latest version of Omen because threat is a factor in vanilla, but no dice: They removed the UnitThreatSituation, UnitDetailedThreatSituation and the UNIT_THREAT_LIST_UPDATE and UNIT_THREAT_SITUATION_UPDATE events. So I'll have to look for an old Omen version which does threat calculations.

hes contacting some of his programmers to help him make a modern classic quest helper type mod
World of Warcraft Pro | Brings Game Experience to You! has an existing addon which can load custom guides. This was developed after the original programmer for the addon they used was bought out by Zygor. I think I'll try if it works.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Does KLH Threat Meter still exist? Is that what we used?
Yeah, but it was replaced with Omen somewhere in late TBC I think? My memory is fuzzy on that, but I remember that my raid decided to run Omen as mandatory addon.

You can stil find it on all those old schoool sites for private servers. I'll check it out later.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I just remember going on curse network (does that even exist anymore?) and downloading a pack of addons during vanilla and just turning on and off the shit I wanted. But I do not remember a quest helper type addon for vanilla, that shit was added later I think in TBC if I remember correctly.

Honestly all I would really want is damage meter, quest helper, maybe updated frames type addon, maybe threat meter too.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I just remember going on curse network (does that even exist anymore?) and downloading a pack of addons during vanilla and just turning on and off the shit I wanted. But I do not remember a quest helper type addon for vanilla, that shit was added later I think in TBC if I remember correctly.

Honestly all I would really want is damage meter, quest helper, maybe updated frames type addon, maybe threat meter too.

Curse got bought by twitch and all of that is through the twitch desktop app now or something

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I pretty much want to have damage/threat meter, quest helper, maybe Onebag if that's still a thing. I suppose I will add/drop stuff afterwards but that's good enough to get started.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I actually hated all that addon shit TBH, every patch they would break, then you had to wait for updates, then later there were so many of them you were just like WTF? Which ones do I use? which ones are the latest? It was a big pain in the ass. Not to mention, at that time there were many fucking sites that hosted them so you never knew which ones to use and up to date. I do like how Blizzard incorporated some of that shit into their UI through the years though. I always thought that Blizzard should just turn all that shit off and incorporate more into their UI.

I watched a stream of some dudes doing a current 5 man last night and holy shit, its like an entirely different game now. I actually dont even know how a person like me, that played vanilla back in the day could even get caught up on all that shit these days. Blizzard always prided themselves on easy to learn but hard to master, well what I saw last night was a fucking mess.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Welp. I got TomTom to work, which either this or Carbonite is required for the WoW-Pro guides addon. But then my computer bluescreened right after I created a waypoint.

For your "QuestHelper" needs: There is a Questie Classic Branch which works somewhat well:

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
If it makes you feel any better I've been subbed since day 1 and still play with a ton of PTR bug reports under my account and I'm not in the beta nor the stress test today lol

Not worth a sub, time to freeze yourself for 3 months
I got in today after subbing 4 days ago. You clearly just need to cancel.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The twitch desktop app managing addons is absolutely great (on live WoW), if you're scared of that.

Someone said Details is working - doesn't details have a threat tab too?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I actually hated all that addon shit TBH, every patch they would break, then you had to wait for updates, then later there were so many of them you were just like WTF? Which ones do I use? which ones are the latest? It was a big pain in the ass. Not to mention, at that time there were many fucking sites that hosted them so you never knew which ones to use and up to date. I do like how Blizzard incorporated some of that shit into their UI through the years though. I always thought that Blizzard should just turn all that shit off and incorporate more into their UI.

I watched a stream of some dudes doing a current 5 man last night and holy shit, its like an entirely different game now. I actually dont even know how a person like me, that played vanilla back in the day could even get caught up on all that shit these days. Blizzard always prided themselves on easy to learn but hard to master, well what I saw last night was a fucking mess.

I have argued this same point before, the level of customization via the UI nowadays due to things like weak aura alters the game in such a way that it’s almost as if having a cheat code on. The sheer volume of useful information that is presented through addons via visual queues, audible queues, and/or otherwise just gets out of control.

Could blizzard implement many of these things into the base UI of course they could and they have added a few optimizations over the years but why should they fix it when their playerbase will do it for free? It’s the Bethesda approach.

On the other hand you sperglords need to calm down about addons, of course there will be addons, dps meters, leveling planning for idiot retards who need gps to find their dicks, threat meters, dkp trackers, you fucking name it.

What I am more curious about is if they will allow old shit like whisper cast, or decursive.