World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Speaking of Method I did see a stream of Sco saying that they wanted to go hard in Classic. Even they seem to hate BFA oddly enough.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lordjenkins

Buzzfeed Editor
<Banned>
The first couple batches of EQ progression servers were just full to the brim with big egos and big ideas. Tons and tons of people thought they were way better than they were and way more hardcore than they were. Most of them are old hat now but there were tons of tricks and techniques being employed that weren't common knowledge at the time. I'm really interested in seeing what everyone brings to bear on these servers and all the drama that surrounds everything.

EQ capped at around 555,000 subscribers and the amount of autism that showed up for another chance at EQ was impression. WoW peaked at over twenty times that. For every disability check food stamp leech playing all day every day in EQ you can figure WoW had twenty and they're coming back for Classic. The best reason to even play on these at all is to get to participate even in some small amount to the trainwreck. To those of you signing up to play on a PvP server I salute you. I can't wait for the stories.

I thought we were playing wow classic to farm gold ?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I kind of feel like me manually leveling an alt instead of paying for a boost says all that needs to be said about WoW's newest content. The shit can kick rocks. I'll go through it when my alt hits max level, but if this newest upcoming content patch doesnt measure up to be nothing more than a grind... well then he's going on the back burner too. Which is likely.

Im not super excited about classic, cause Im not looking at it through rose colored glasses. The grind was definitely there and min/maxxing was hard even for those that wanted to do it. But since this many people are excited about nostalgia, Im down. I cant stand to play EQ, even p99, anymore because I dont know anyone. But in that same vein, when I had a solid online group - I had fun doing it and blasted through the levels. Which, I think can be said about WoW Classic, since everyone and their mom is apparently going to play it.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I know a lot of people say rose tinted glasses but I have been playing on a private few the last week and it's been fun. I am sure like any game at some point it gets old or you have everything but I have always enjoyed MMO's. As much as I enjoyed EQ in the day I could never get into P99 or anything in revisiting that game it's just to dated for me. The game feels clunky even at it's UI. WoW on the other hand is still very enjoyable, again probably not for everyone but compared to BFA it's vastly more fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lordjenkins

Buzzfeed Editor
<Banned>
Disagree. It only gets you to the new content, doesn't let you bypass it.

True, but griefing alts while they lvl in STV until their main logged in, then their whole guild. Those massive battles were good times.

If you make skipping the process of lvling a micro transaction, it turns great world pvp zones into a desert. It's also a lame cash grab and promotes pay2win. This is when you know a game has jumped the shark.

Surviving STV as any class between 30 to 40 is s rite of passage and the best way to learn your class IMO.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think its retarded to spend resources every expansion developing leveling area's to allow them to be skipped. Blizzard is in serious need of solid project management.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
True, but griefing alts while they lvl in STV until their main logged in, then their whole guild. Those massive battles were good times.

If you make skipping the process of lvling a micro transaction, it turns great world pvp zones into a desert. It's also a lame cash grab and promotes pay2win. This is when you know a game has jumped the shark.

Surviving STV as any class between 30 to 40 is s rite of passage and the best way to learn your class IMO.

World PVP died ages before they added the pay-to-level feature. So, this point is moot.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think its retarded to spend resources every expansion developing leveling area's to allow them to be skipped. Blizzard is in serious need of solid project management.

It's because they did half assed PvP objectives in late Classic (EPL Towers, Silithus spice) and Burning Crusade (Zangarmarsh towers, Nagrand town) which were really unpopular. So they thought PvP objectives and staying in old zones was unpopular and stopped bothering.

Their egos wouldn't let them accept it was their shitty implementations, which is clear given how Nesingwary Camp and Southshore/Tarren Mill were bone strewn wastelands of player generated content.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That stopped when they changed honor gains and made HK's give a pittance of honor in favor of moving all reasonable honor gains to winning BGs.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I remember someone mentioning (old dev stream?) that the entire reason they implemented BGs was because the game could not handle mass PVP at the time, and neither could your computer.

Word pvp sucks anyways dudes, I dont know how any of you remember that shit but it was always about who had more people would wipe the other. The best world pvp was like team vs team or 2v2 or 1v1 that shit was the best The pvp that would spawn organically when you were out doing some shit. The zergs in tarren mill were fun for about 10 min.

Honestly looking back none of that shit stands out, where the AV and AB stuff I still remember tot his day.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
counter point

giant 100v100 fuckfests of people aoeing is more fun than arenas

is there skill involved? no, but who cares?

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

counter point

giant 100v100 fuckfests of people aoeing is more fun than arenas

is there skill involved? no, but who cares?

It was all fun and games until Mraz the mushroom vendor would aggro and kill 20 people.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
It was all fun and games until Mraz the mushroom vendor would aggro and kill 20 people.
Yeah or High Overlord Saufang who was just the random Nerferian head turn in NPC but everyone noticed him destroying raids on Orgrimmar because he was bugged somehow, so now he is a major lore character.

How do they not get it?

They are so scared of disrupting cities by incentivising capital raids, but those were such memorable experiences. Newbies who are getting one shot and can't turn in their quests don't need a lack of raids doing that, they need rewards for doing their bit and chucking a frostbolt at someone.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The most disruptive shit I can remmeber is the ally killing off quest fuckers in barrens and back then they had like a 30 min to hour respawn or some shit, which would literally stall your progression for that time. The same shit happened on the private server. They would kill the quest dudes and the flight master. Fucking annoying as hell.

• 1Rustled