World of Warcraft: Classic

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean do you really think we'll be the only ones griefing streamers?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That's what I just said, there are COUNTLESS numbers of people thinking and talking about this, that server is going to be a trainwreck if they all end up on the same realm.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
That video is hilarious. When was the last time you saw shit like that in modern WoW

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
That's what I just said, there are COUNTLESS numbers of people thinking and talking about this, that server is going to be a trainwreck if they all end up on the same realm.
It could turn very interesting. Streamers with guilds protecting them. Other guilds existing just to hunt them down.

What a time to be alive

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Then again Northdale managed to have like 14k people playing at once? I have no idea how bad the service was but it's possible, even so I believe Classic WoW will have millions of players for at least some amount of time. Imagine everyone wanting to make a name for themselves rolling on the same server. Good luck even logging on.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Kripp (you know, the Hearthstone guy) has talked about snipers a few times. There's a guild of sorts of dedicated snipers organized through discord that work together to grief streamers. The WoW streamers are big enough, Classic is popular enough and interference easy enough that I expect to see what is basically fringe behavior fully metastasize.

It should be a hoot. Player driven content is best content.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Getting streamers to leave our server is great and all but watch, FoH will get famous again because we griefed a millennial streamer.

Not sure how I feel about that.

Your vote doesn't count newbie.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Kripp (you know, the Hearthstone guy) has talked about snipers a few times. There's a guild of sorts of dedicated snipers organized through discord that work together to grief streamers. The WoW streamers are big enough, Classic is popular enough and interference easy enough that I expect to see what is basically fringe behavior fully metastasize.

Exactly, the next 2 years are going to be an absolute public shit show. Having a community on servers again and the kind of shit people will get up to for everyone to document will be fascinating.

I can't wait.

• 1Like

Lordjenkins

Buzzfeed Editor
<Banned>
Cannot confirm newbie. The trail was hot enough to follow.

Fair enough.

I was like 12 when I raided time on EQ. Quit playing when our leader on EQ2 would scarf his whole pizza hut on ventrilo and announce Everytime he opened a 2 litre of soda.

I stopped following you cunts during the rerolled drama but decided to come back for CoH and WoW.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Asmon will most likely not roll on pvp servers anyways, I'm sure everyone else will so you can stream snipe them.
Only other thing to do is mess with their realm first stuff, would be funny if something the size of the titan alliance from gw2 wvw drops in to control the streamer Classic All Star server.

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Even if they're on an RP-PVE server they can still be griefed by the mere fact that they're broadcasting their location. They need to kill a certain mob or named mob? Guess what, someone is killing all of those mobs and making sure they don't get a tag on the named. Also, kiting mobs and feign deathing after his warrior shout... Keke. Pve trolling 101.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am just excited we can go into a zone and not have it lag major asshole. I'm looking at you Dalaran.

m269d27c1z231.jpg

I'm not playing 4:3 anymore lolol

qrN8aM8.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

There's games like Hearthstone, where stream sniping is literally like getting up from your seat at the poker table and peeking into the hand of your opponents, and there's real open world PVP games where finding and avoiding the enemy is actually part of the game such as a few I've played in the past like Naval Action (and where you just don't stream if you're PVPing, or you stream with a 30 minute delay), and then there's World of Warcraft. Where the world is already designed so horde and alliance constantly run into each other and where death comes with no setback whatsoever.

whining about stream sniping in WoW is so very pathetic. It is no surprise to me these idiots are doing it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even if they're on an RP-PVE server they can still be griefed by the mere fact that they're broadcasting their location. They need to kill a certain mob or named mob? Guess what, someone is killing all of those mobs and making sure they don't get a tag on the named. Also, kiting mobs and feign deathing after his warrior shout... Keke. Pve trolling 101.
This however is a lot easier for Blizzard to police. Killing someone over and over in PVP is something that just comes with the server. Deliberately denying someone content I can see GMs take action rather swiftly.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Asmon will most likely not roll on pvp servers anyways, I'm sure everyone else will so you can stream snipe them.
Only other thing to do is mess with their realm first stuff, would be funny if something the size of the titan alliance from gw2 wvw drops in to control the streamer server.
He was saying that awhile ago, but everyone called him a pussy, so he's leaning towards pvp right now.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
petition to ban everyone that types the word streamer in this thread

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 4 users