World of Warcraft: Classic

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Wasnt the final balance druid talent their ae at launch? Hurricane or whatever its called
Screenshot_20190510-204445_Chrome.jpg

Still rustles my jimmies they got rid of channeling aoes. Obviously it's not ideal to be forced to stand still for 10s to complete the cast, but that's what makes shit interesting. Assuming encounters aren't designed to require constant movement (like they are today), but I really miss the "tanky" moonkin. "Tanked" dungeons in Wrath as moonkin. That shit was fun. Also, for vanilla, balance/feral was a beast aoe farming build.

Anyone remember seeing mages gathering all the undead in plagues towards the end of vanilla, farming hella cash and greens? Can't so that shit anymore. Mobs are spaced so perfectly, with skittishly short aggro timers, aoe, again, not what it was.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A channeled spell on a 1 minute cooldown? Naaaaaaaaah.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Just as an FYI, you need to make sure to explicitly opt in for beta invite opportunities for WoW classic itself. It's in its own category under Battle.net beta preferences.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are we going to have a poll or something to decide whether we're rolling Horde or Alliance?

• 1Solidarity

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
... and you need an active subscription to have a shot at classic beta. Genius.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All the college kids shrieking and wailing over the release date is amusing

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
1/2 of them will quit the first week or so when they find out the grind without the modern bullshit that makes everything easy, like the quest thing they added in after TBC, dungeon finder..etc...

Or is all this shit going to be in this game from beginning?

Khane

1/2 of them will quit the first week or so when they find out the grind without the modern bullshit that makes everything easy, like the quest thing they added in after TBC, dungeon finder..etc...

Or is all this shit going to be in this game from beginning?

It doesn't matter if it's part of the stock UI or not, Questhelper was the addon everyone used in conjunction with TomTom for a long, long time until Blizzard just took it and incorporated it into the stock UI. I believe the addon engine is staying relatively the same as modern WoW and only certain LUA hooks and commands won't function, so we are going to have far more modern AddOns this go around than we did previously.

Things like WeakAuras and DBM will likely be modified and fully functional within WoW Classic. It's not going to be nearly the same. You can't really ever go back.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It doesn't matter if it's part of the stock UI or not, Questhelper was the addon everyone used in conjunction with TomTom for a long, long time until Blizzard just took it and incorporated it into the stock UI. I believe the addon engine is staying relatively the same and only certain LUA hooks and commands won't function, so we are going to have far more modern AddOns this go around than we did previously.

Things like WeakAuras and DBM will likely be modified and fully functional within WoW Classic. It's not going to be nearly the same. You can't really ever go back.

Yeah youre right, I forgot about the addons, duh.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You think you do, but you don't.

Don't want to pay to beta a 15 year old game that is. Level 30 is an interesting limit, like, they don't want you getting too bored to sub in August?

That said, I'll probably sub to beta this because I'm a weak willed person.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great, I have paternal leave starting June 17th, ending June 17th 2020.

That's gonna be a lot of WoW for me :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Where are you guys seeing that you need an active WoW subscription to get into the closed beta for this? I don't see that as a requirement anywhere.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Where are you guys seeing that you need an active WoW subscription to get into the closed beta for this? I don't see that as a requirement anywhere.
Thought I heard him say that in the video, I could very well be wrong but it does sound like something Activision would do.