World of Warcraft: Classic

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
When I last quit playing Emerald Dream I was rocking Viskag and Maladath, and holy shit was I wrecking DPS.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I had 9/8 (yes, 9 pieces of 8 needed) Tier 3 warrior gear (Dreadnaught). I also had The Face of Death shield from Sapph & Thunderfury. Good times.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Fucking warriors pissed me off in Naxx as a rogue. War/Rogue shared the same T3 token, good luck getting a full Bonescythe set having to gear out 6 tanks. 😡

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
All this talk has me really leaning toward warrior for this time around but f idk still want to play healer I think

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
There will probably be like 3,000 rogues/warriors/mages to every other class in Vanilla.

Of course all of the warriors will be DPS warriors and not be willing or able to tank a fucking thing.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
After spending 100s of days /played as Warrior in vanilla, if I were to do it again in Classic I'd definitely go ranged DPS. Fuck healing. Ganking as a rogue loses its luster pretty quickly IMO, but it really was a broken class in that regard.

If you want a hit of nostalgia on that one go watch the old World of Roguecraft vids, heh.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I was thinking Warlock this time around if I play. Sit in the back and shadowbolt shit, sounds good to me at my advanced age.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I almost want to play a druid and just mash decurse and collect all of the loot. But... hybrids in vanilla before dual spec, bleh.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah I was thinking Warlock this time around if I play. Sit in the back and shadowbolt shit, sounds good to me at my advanced age.
Just make sure you're Horde so you don't spend half your time cursing Will of the Forsaken :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Goon squad pulling and hiding all the flight masters on each zone and taking over the boats then putting up a ransom was definitely top 10. Shame on that guy for not referencing that.

I made the unfortunate mistake of playing alliance on malganis at release and had to deal with that shit. Heading to the boat in wetlands only to find 50 or so goons chilling on the docks was a "fun" experience, and booty Bay was pretty much a no-go zone for portions of most days. But hey, I got to be in some of Daddar's shitty gank videos, so there was that.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I was going to play some BfA:Live WoW to tide me over but I logged in and it was a big bag of AIDS. So I decided to load up some Skyrim for some RPG goodness in the meantime which honestly is at least more fun that dailies which are the gayest shit ever.

So I am just waiting for Classic because I miss the old WoW and know it will be a fucking blast but knowing how useless Blizzard is we know this shit won't come out until honestly fucking fall because they are a big bag of fail and more worried about mobile Diablo.

So while looking around I noticed this shit comes out in August from the same pimps that made New Vegas but I might have to spend a few months going ham on this shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ahh, the original shit Tier 2 that still dropped in MC... Ossoi Ossoi our lady priest (god rest her soul) got T2 shoulders and chest from fuckin Garr and Baron Gedon before BWL was even a thing.... was very jokey the terrible models. What was the name of the dwarf priest that also got a T2 piece from MC?

How the fuck do you remember what loot other people got?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
How the fuck do you remember what loot other people got?
I remember that I was waiting for a second epic ring forever since I was saving DKP for Stormrage Chest off Nefarien. One finally dropped off the AQ20 final boss.

Then it was announced that our Warlock had just gotten the all clear for cancer so he should have the ring. The arsehole already had two better rings, it was a fucking sidegrade.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Are they remastering the graphics or is it going to look like ass?

They have a one-click option to set the graphics to basically the level they were during classic, or you can dial it all the way up to the modern settings like shaders, view distance, water, etc. Not a remaster though, no.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They have a one-click option to set the graphics to basically the level they were during classic, or you can dial it all the way up to the modern settings like shaders, view distance, water, etc. Not a remaster though, no.
I feel like it's a missed opportunity to not use the new models and up the polygons in places like Molten Core (that can also be used in the modern gane).