World of Warcraft: Classic

Shiftyx

Molten Core Raider
For PvE it might not mean shit other than AH and filling your ranks in your guild. But PVP you definitely want a populated server, both for world PvP and BG queue.

I prefer the idea of a low pop server for pvp. You have less competition / more control in the ranking grind, and i believe they already said BGs will be cross-server.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
More people = good. Bigger economy, more resources available, more people to group with for dungeons, more people to recruit, battlegrounds popping faster.

Queues for a few days are a small price to pay for that kind of benefit. I never plan to log out anyway.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Won't be the true classic experience if you can log in at all during the first week.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If I wanted to play WoW with no people BFA already exists.

• 6Worf
  • 4Ice Burn
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Won't be the true classic experience if you can log in at all during the first week.
It won't be the true classic experience if you don't stay stuck kneeled down trying to loot a corpse, not ever get the loot, and end up skating around in a kneeled position.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
More people = good. Bigger economy, more resources available, more people to group with for dungeons, more people to recruit, battlegrounds popping faster.

Queues for a few days are a small price to pay for that kind of benefit. I never plan to log out anyway.

Y'know I didn't think about it but I could likely hotspot my phone to keep my laptop logged in during the drive from home -> work.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can even choose to not even install the Live client, and the Classic client is only like 4gigs or so. It's amazing!

Also Szeth Szeth , the switch from work wifi to phone hotspot would disconnect you. Unless you meant playing at work on your phone hotspot all day?

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
You can even choose to not even install the Live client, and the Classic client is only like 4gigs or so. It's amazing!

Also Szeth Szeth , the switch from work wifi to phone hotspot would disconnect you. Unless you meant playing at work on your phone hotspot all day?
used to be you would skip the queue if you got a dc like that

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
And then the pre-AQ unlock events would re-surge the server pop and the cycle started all over again for a week. Then the actual gates would crash those zones.

Ah memoriessssss...

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I hope they're keeping data on how many people resubbed to play in a stress test or reserve a name and went on to play zero minutes of Live.

I played about 2 hours of retail to get a feel for Classic. Felt wrong, so I stopped playing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I played about 2 hours of retail to get a feel for Classic. Felt wrong, so I stopped playing.

Truth, its like not even playing wow anymore. Last time I played was during pandas and it was still shit then too.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

nisser

Trakanon Raider
I wish Blizzard would be a bit more quantitative with their server numbers. Right now words such as "full" and "severe queues" don't give any idea of how long that might be. Is it 20 minutes (which is nothing)? Or is it 5+ hours (meaning good luck playing at all)?

They surely know the numbers at which you would start seeing ques...
A system like this would help people plan accordingly, where 100% means, little to no ques (i.e. <5 min). It would still hide numbers and prevent conspiracy theories but still give people a good idea of the pain they might see on release. I think that most serious guilds would likely move servers pre-release if they knew they were going into a 5 hour. But once the game is released and most people have started and committed it'll be tough to move anyone.

Stalagg - 80%
Golemagg - 100%
Whitemane - 230%

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'd like some faction balance information too, but I don't think we're getting it other than estimates from reddit polls.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'd like some faction balance information too, but I don't think we're getting it other than estimates from reddit polls.

With that many people per server and many layers each, I doubt it even matters at that point.