World of Warcraft: Classic

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
guess i'll go gear up my mage for the next 4 weeks and give classic a rest, always wanted to try fire in icc
I quit WOTLK at the end of July but I can tell you you're going to be procc'ing pyroblast like it's the only hotkey you need to press.

I experimented with a Scorch build that was pretty good for fights that require a lot of movement, definitely had some solid DPS with the procs. Fireball for stationary fights.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
I quit WOTLK at the end of July but I can tell you you're going to be procc'ing pyroblast like it's the only hotkey you need to press.

I experimented with a Scorch build that was pretty good for fights that require a lot of movement, definitely had some solid DPS with the procs. Fireball for stationary fights.
lol yeah i recall seeing old ICC shit where a firemage's every other cast seemed to be a instant cast pyro, looked like fun
my mages gear is dog shit atm tho so i only have like 25% crit which feels kinda bad but w/e i havent played this character since the first month of wotlk

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
lol yeah i recall seeing old ICC shit where a firemage's every other cast seemed to be a instant cast pyro, looked like fun
my mages gear is dog shit atm tho so i only have like 25% crit which feels kinda bad but w/e i havent played this character since the first month of wotlk

PVP crit gear & PVP hit gear should get you up to speed quickly for heroic ++

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, and I wouldnt hesitate to queue up where youre at gear wise anyways. Ive been in dozens of groups with sub 4k dps, most people dont care anymore

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Rip'ed at 52 yesterday. A fear into a fear into a bunch of dinos. Ungoro gang bang. Not even training dummy, fear, pot, shield wall could save my ass from the dino orgy.

Last edited:
  • 3Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Never really played much wow but having fun with their hard core classic playing an hour here or there. Don't plan on doing any dungeons or raids or anything, just see how far I can get. So far I have two stupid deaths both at level 14 to noob mistakes (i know pretty much nothing). 3rd times a charm.

• 1Solidarity

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Rip'ed at 52 yesterday. A fear into a fear into a bunch of dinos. Ungoro gang bang. Not even training dummy, fear, pot, shield wall could save my ass from the dino orgy.
Damn. I'm up to 41 now, I have to remember to avoid those. Anything that fears is deadly, it's the only thing I can't sprint/vanish out of.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Notice how he clicked noggenfogger for the 1 in 3 chance at levitate, that's some quick thinking on his part.

Still, hole in one'd

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Really what they need to do with Classic Hardcore is Halls of Torment gameplay loop.

Some mechanism so select items persist. Make gold persist. You lost a level 34? It's ok you kept the 80 gold and a purple you found for all new characters. Make a few permanent bonuses you can invest in, and you get rewarded with bonus exp by playing more so it makes returning to old highs more palatable as you loop through.

This creates a gameplay loop on top of hardcore that matters, while creating a sense of meta progression that ultimately drives people to take more risks, but softens the personal impact of death by making it part of the process. In fact, you want to die at some point to retain a couple items and "sell the character" for bonuses, because if you just get full T3 on your first run, when you inevitably do die, you can only keep a fraction of it. Better to do it in waves.

This would effectively make Classic HC servers purposeful as well, making economies function more reasonably and making crafters worth something more than a temporary buff to a temporary character.

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
If that’s the case there would need to be some sort of incentive for players getting to 60 first try, second try, etc so that caution beats out just sending it 3-4 times and eventually being so OP you can’t die.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There is an endless amount of LOL with how people are dying in HC.
Is it me, or are all these people thinking themselves immortal and going into areas over their levels? One mistake, and you will die, dude. And you will make that one mistake at some point.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
There is an endless amount of LOL with how people are dying in HC.

Compilation:

I heard recently one server had a massive lag spike for like 10 min and thousands of characters died during it.

Instead of rolling the servers back Bliz responded with lol get gud retards.

If you are playing HC you get what you asked for.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Died at 50 to not being able to hit a higher level potion than I had on my bar (lower level to speed up farming - high level for actual important shit). Bagnon wouldn’t let me hit the higher level one and I didn’t vanish because I never thought I was in danger… we don’t go agane.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Died at 50 to not being able to hit a higher level potion than I had on my bar (lower level to speed up farming - high level for actual important shit). Bagnon wouldn’t let me hit the higher level one and I didn’t vanish because I never thought I was in danger… we don’t go agane.

Have you tried getting gud?

I kid I kid, that sucks but that's pretty much HC in a nutshell, and why I never bothered with it for wow.