World of Warcraft: Current Year

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
DH is just massively OP for leveling and questing. I love it. Wade into a group of mobs. AOE the fuck out of everything. Rinse. Repeat.
Most classes can do that, except a few shitty ones, the issue will be to actually find mobs, even multitapping may not be enough for the starting rush. I'm confident Blizzard will fuck up this release as well, so that a few people will rush ahead while others will be blocked by some bug or servers shitting themselves.
I'm going to level as a bear or blood death knight, so the amount of mobs I can handle is not really limited, the more, the merrier.

I still think that the class design for Legion is shit and artifacts are stupid grinds that will add another layer of cockblocking alts and offspecs. They spent the last 7 or 8 years getting rid of incremental talents, stating it was the best decision since the creation of Earth, then add them back again in weapon grinding. Fuck. That. Shit.

Give me back my Brewmaster, you incompetent pieces of shit.

Hype level: 4,5 out of 10.

Prediction out of my ass: after 60 days from release, subs will drop to 3m worldwide and after the expected (small) Christmas rise, they will set around 2 millions by March 2017 untill the next (crap) xpack and consequent useless and pointless redesign. This "B Team" will be sent designing toilet paper art, which is what they are good for.

Rime

<Donor>
Hm. I would say the Pre-Patch is not until the 26th. My initial thoughts were the 19th, but they did not do the usual 'two week warning' for end of PvP season. They could have done away with that announcement, but it would be the first time in recent memory that a patch ended without that warning.

So, if they hold to the old schedule, it will be 12th EoS warning, then Pre-Patch on the 26th, giving us the 'content' for 4 Weekly Resets until the expansion on the 30th.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Those who have played the Beta, what are your opinions on the two Druid DPS specs? I have played a Hunter since Vanilla and always loved them but I'm getting cold feet for Hunters in Legion. Been thinking if I should switch to a DPS Druid in stead.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They have at least once before done a single week warning for the end of a PVP season so the 19th is still possible.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Those who have played the Beta, what are your opinions on the two Druid DPS specs? I have played a Hunter since Vanilla and always loved them but I'm getting cold feet for Hunters in Legion. Been thinking if I should switch to a DPS Druid in stead.
I might be doing it wrong but feral still feels like JOHN FUCKING MADDEN. Maybe not AS bad but I don't feel like monitoring all the cooldown/bleed stuff.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sabertooth helps, and it's also probably the best DPS talent in its row with proper snapshotting. Lets you ignore Rip as long as you can maintain time-on-target, and it lets you keep your ridiculous initial trinkets+pots+heroes Rip rolling as long as the boss is available.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Aren't they sticking with the philosophy of no trinket procs at the start of the fight (obviously on-use trinkets withstanding)?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The momentary delay can actually be helpful for Feral, since it takes them several seconds to get the 5-point savage roar into Blood Talons Heal into the window for their snapshotting 5-point rip (If you're going with Savage Roar).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They finagled RPPM to minimize it iirc, but it appears to just delay the initial proc a few seconds. Hmm yeah. It's no longer basically guaranteed to proc on pull, but it can/will still happen sometimes.

RPPM On-pull Bug - Forums - World of Warcraft
Oh, I didn't realize the delay was only a few seconds. I thought pulling basically put it on CD and then it had a chance to proc within its normal window again. The change seems pretty insignificant then.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Hmm OK, what about Elemental Shamans. Are they good or shit in Legion beta?

velk

Trakanon Raider
Hmm OK, what about Elemental Shamans. Are they good or shit in Legion beta?
Playstyle didn't really change all that much from what I could see. It's nice to get big numbers from giant earth shocks, but single target is still mostly keep up dot, use lava charges, spam lightning bolt. AOE was way worse than it used to be - you need maelstrom to use earthquake, and it's a totem so you can't stack them. Plays about the same though.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Do the potions/crystals you can buy in your garrison with GR work past level 100 in Legion?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Was "shopping" for a Archi kill and found the difference in market size... 40k for Heroic Arch kill on BDF, 20k on Hyjal, and that was for an immediate kill. It would have been Heroic Archi+Mannoroth for 20k on Hyjal if I had waited for Tuesday.

Is the trinket a guaranteed drop, or did I just luck out?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Was "shopping" for a Archi kill and found the difference in market size... 40k for Heroic Arch kill on BDF, 20k on Hyjal, and that was for an immediate kill. It would have been Heroic Archi+Mannoroth for 20k on Hyjal if I had waited for Tuesday.

Is the trinket a guaranteed drop, or did I just luck out?
Got very lucky, don't think i pulled anything on my run

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have mained boomkin for a long time and played it a good bit in beta. The pacing is very different than in WOD as you are not playing chase the moving bar for max damage and it is a lot more controllable. Overall it seems very fun and does really solid damage and seems pretty fun. One thing to note is getting the artifact really helps as they can be a bit slow to get their flow rolling prior to that. There are talents that can be used to boost your resource regen so it may be a matter of taking some different talents prior to the artifact.

Once you get the artifact the moon/moon spell gives you a solid opening shot and a big burst of arcane power to start throwing star surges/star falls around and rocking your damage.

One nice thing with resto affinity you also get access to most of the really good resto heal stuff so you can drop out of moon kin and backup heal pretty decently. I tested it in some of the pre expansion event stuff and it worked well enough as an off healer although mana can be a bit tight since they only use mana for utility/heal stuff and is not as big of a pool as it is on live.

Feral seems like it is pretty strong currently. Still somewhat complex with the dot maintenance but damage seems really good and the new feral forms are pretty bad ass. The hidden feral cat/owl form is super neat looking. Not sure how to unlock that but seen some guy running around with it.