World of Warcraft: Current Year

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Ozruk, right? I can't even remember that shit. Something about not beating yourself senseless on a short duration reflect and not standing next to the tank? I really only ever healed or tanked most of Cata.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
He does a massive AoE effect that one shots, it has a cast time so you can avoid it, the trick is that he will cast an imobilize spell that breaks on damage taken, so you need to hit him when he has his reflective armor up, which happens right before he casts the immobilize, so you get a dot that will break your immobilize so you can avoid it.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ozruk in a nutshell:
1) Hit him during the Reflect to get a DoT on you. You want the DoT because it breaks the stun he puts you in later.
2) He'll stun everyone when he starts to cast Ground Slam, DoT should break the stun quickly. Run behind him, outside of the white/transparent circle. Everything in the circle takes damage and he shoots lines of spikes in front of him.
3) Collect loot.

Never really understood why PUGs wiped so much on it.

EDIT: And skunked :D

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Meh, I am sure you will have plenty of time to run through old bullshit if you want as people will do it for trasnmog and stuff. Right now there isn't much worth doing aside from the launch event which seems like it should hit tomorrow and just bullshitting with folks until legion drops.. I guess you can learn the new class changes and set up UI's and shit but thats about it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yep. I'll be over on Hyjal this afternoon. So maybe we can dick around some timewalking or something.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Ozruk in a nutshell:
1) Hit him during the Reflect to get a DoT on you. You want the DoT because it breaks the stun he puts you in later.
2) He'll stun everyone when he starts to cast Ground Slam, DoT should break the stun quickly. Run behind him, outside of the white/transparent circle. Everything in the circle takes damage and he shoots lines of spikes in front of him.
3) Collect loot.

Never really understood why PUGs wiped so much on it.

EDIT: And skunked :D

Yeah, I don't remember any of that. I just remember not standing in a circle and just LoS'ing him. Probably only ever wiped a handful of times to him. Usually failed more on the last boss as people ran away with add trains on them instead of running back to the tank and putting a void zone between themselves and the adds.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
And let me tell you. I am glad to have an actual hub city again. That Ashran fucking mud pit was such a piece of shit. I don't even know how it went live.

No kidding. The really wacky thing about WOD is there ARE two capital cities already setup to use as such but then for some damn reason the ashran hobo city is what they chose.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I gotta say I don't grasp it - I've never fucking been there. I only did on timewalking events so far, for BC. Everything was fine until I ended up in that Kael'Thas dungeon that came out after I quit and the entire group ran so fast that all I could do was keep up, certainly not read up on the upcoming boss fight. That dungeon was all faceroll I guess but if there are timewalking Cataclysm dungeons where you have to know the mechanics or die I would just fail them because nobody takes the time to explain old shit they've done years ago.

Me as a new tank: "never been here before, please let me know if there's anything I should know" before every new dungeon. I'm totally humble about it, just throw me a bone, no need to eat your young.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still salty that Gilneas was never used as a hub city, biggest fucking waste of a good aesthetic.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Considering they actually finally officially acknowledged that WoD was shit instead of staying completely silent on it, it gives me some hope. Maybe they've learned from their mistakes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Well there's the sub rogue pvp nerf I was expecting. Kind of merciful. Who gonna get banged next heh heh heh. Overall seems they don't like bursts that blow people up in 4 seconds.. agree and disagree with that philosophy. Taking someone down just 4 seconds into a blind after they trinketed a fear was a lil much. Not like it wasn't like that in previous xpacs (hello RLS at end of Wrath).

They just gotta some how manage to get this pve vs pvp gear disparity right. Totally doable, totally aren't doing what they said they'd do. Just for God's sake make it exactly the same and be a little fucking analytical on how hard it is to get to X pvp rank (or "get carried to it") vs kill X boss on mythic (or "get carried to it").

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Look how much work went into Cataclysm vs. WOD, it's staggering.

I hope we can at least get some semblance of what the game used to feel like to login

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just looked up the invasion guide. All it drops is transmog shit it looks like. Also some weapons. Seems I'll be doing some timewalking tonight inbetween leveling skinning.

Might transfer over to Hyjal tonight to join you losers for the invasion shenanigans.

It drops ilevel 685 armor as well its mostly to help catch up non raiding alts up to a good gear level fast as well as for unique looks.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The sad thing is, the dungeons/raids and (obviously) art were the best they've ever been. HFC, albeit the only thing to do, was a fucking blast. I have no doubt that the Legion raid game will be top notch, I'm just hoping they can deliver on there being more to do outside of raids (and for more than the first 2 weeks of the expansion)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not having the Garrison sink all be all will be a huge part of it.

Centering the game around the Garrison Mini-Game was extremely detrimental to the expac IMO. Followers with side missions is kind of cool. But encapsulating the entire experience into the garrison for 2 years. God that shit was awful. Two raid zones being the same tier was also awful.

I mean, we can really go on and on. WoD was the equivalent of the shitty EQ expac Omens of War or something.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think one of the things that really was the nail in the coffin for WOD was they moved so quickly into legion mode that a lot of stuff that could have been fixed or enhanced to make it play better simply were not worth the effort to do so with as it was not going to be maintained going forward.

If nothing else WOD was a good example of a lot of things to NOT do again and from what I have seen in legion on beta it at least looks like a lot of them were learned.

Dungeons normal small group end game content should not be totally pointless less than 2 weeks after the expansion goes live. When WOD started other than to boot strap to get the gear and to kill some time before LFR started dungeons were pointless. Their rewards were bad for the difficulty and after finishing your inn quests no reason to ever go back for anything else. This is sad because they did a really good job with the dungeons in WOD layout and mechanics wise. Most were really fun and some like the grim depot rail dungeon were pretty amazing and really hard at least until grossly overgeared.

The challenge modes were something but the fraction of players who do those is vanishingly small and the gear was only transmog look stuff before they had a good wardrobe system in place to really make high use of it.

The garrison raid/invasion things were a neat idea but the mechanics of visiting other peoples garrisons is cumbersome and you really have to go out of your way to grind shitloads of random goobers to get them to spawn. I could see stuff like this happening with order halls but done in some way that more people will naturally be there to help defend the place.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still salty that Gilneas was never used as a hub city, biggest fucking waste of a good aesthetic.

And they only ever use the aesthetic in a couple tiny hubs in the far corners of the world. Goblin stuff is all over the damn place but worgen stuff is I think only in a couple areas like one quest hub in blasted lands. Even in their "capital" darnassus they live in trees just like the elves.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Worgen have such cool architecture and aesthetic in general, I'm really surprised there isn't more. We do know that their king or whatever the fuck plays a part in this expansion so maybe at some point there will be?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup they do seem to have recalled Genn exists and plays a pretty important role from what I have seen so here is hoping at some point a new gilneas or at very least a few more quest hub cities get the worgen treatment. They are pretty much the only playable race who has nothing of their faction architecture which given the cool gothic english vibe is an utter waste.