World of Warcraft: Current Year

joz123

Potato del Grande
Anyone in the beta have any idea on how good the ret paladin artifact is? currently my Paladin is my highest geared toon but doing like the worst dps out of all of my peeps. Quite annoying
Just like every artifact there are some traits on it that aren't great but all the gold traits are worthwhile. Only thing hard to get used to as ret now is using judgement before holy power spender, otherwise they are great.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Having grappled with this for the last 4 expacs let me chime in on the druid thing: If you have to level as feral so you can raid as boomkin, that means you don't like boomkin very much.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Personally I thought dbm was holding hands a bit too much. Helping you raid is one thing, showing you where to go is dumb.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Healer Peon 1 "Guys you only have to stand 7 yards apart, not 20!"

Ranged DPS Peon 2 "I thought I was 7 yards. WTF is this gay shit"

Raid leader peon "OK guys stand 7 paces away from each other. MAKE SURE WALK IS TOGGLED!!!!"

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm pretty sure the text box range finders will still work (that simply list the names of who you're too close to). But not the visualization (aka range radar), like this:

flsbq1K.jpg

Edit: Resized image, but apparently there's no way to remove attachments? K. Guess I'll hide it in a spoiler.

XENziHf.jpg

Last edited:

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure the text box range finders will still work (that simply list the names of who you're too close to). But not the visualization (aka range radar), like this:

View attachment 3547

Edit: Resized image, but apparently there's no way to remove attachments? K. Guess I'll hide it in a spoiler.

I don't see how text only would work unless you got a debuff from standing too close to someone (or something similar that didn't require knowing your in-game position relative to others).

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Personally I thought dbm was holding hands a bit too much. Helping you raid is one thing, showing you where to go is dumb.

Problem is, some of the fights on mythic got retarded enough that even WITH the mods helping they were a pain in the ass. Only to be a nightmare without them if they repeat any of the mechanics. (Mythic Archimonde's Wrought chaos comes to mind) People struggled enough in normal/heroic when it was only between 2 people that you had to not get hit by the beam between them. Now imagine it with 20 people each with a beam criss-crossing across the fight area.

As long as they don't include retarded mechanics like this where you have to avoid the nasty web of bullshit or you wipe, but god forbid you have some visual reference with a mod.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Did they say rangefinding was off or just positioning?

I assume you will still be able to tell range, so that means you will still be able to get alerts, it just won't show you a GPS map like noodle said.

Of course, in theory if someone was enterprising enough, if you can tell your OWN position, you can triangulate so meh i dunno maybe they will kill that too. Even if you have to do it like a gyro where it sets the 0,0 at zone in.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seemed like they were taking away the ability for addons to detect unit positions. So I would guess that means they will no longer be able to see your position or any other raid members, thus no way to know distance etc(which should include telling you how far from other people you are).

Will have to see. Like I said before, I can see whey they do it(and their fears how far it can be taken). But some mechanics are crazy without things like that(like the above mentioned Mythic Arch with lazer beams from every player) and things like so many bosses having "stay x yards" between players or you overlap damage.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Legion dungeons are gonna rape the newbies who boost to 100. Especially a certain one where you fight on a ghost ship, you pull more than 1 group at a time and its wipe city.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So I got my "mains" to 100 with the Invasion stuff so kudos to them for this as I couldn't bring myself to repeat the WoD content on alts. Even the vastly accelerated "do just 20% of each zone" pace was still too much. I've actually always enjoyed going through an expansion multiple times in previous eras and even leveled a Monk all the way up in MoP just because I really liked Pandaria as a setting and connected story.

Now I am feeling somewhat obligated to get the alts I could never get too serious about to 100 as well just in case they are fun to play at some point, but all of that is predicated on the general feel of Legion. If it is more Pandaria or Northrend-like then I'll probably want to run it a few times. If it ends up being like WoD then I'll probably just keep all these characters at 100 until right before the next one comes out.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Legion dungeons are gonna rape the newbies who boost to 100. Especially a certain one where you fight on a ghost ship, you pull more than 1 group at a time and its wipe city.
I actually can't wait for dungeons like this. Loved TBC heroics and actually needing to use CC and focus particular mobs first . Though I also did love WotLK heroics and pulling like 50% of the dungeon at once.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I'm jumping back in but will be gone all weekend. Anything I need to do to catch up over the next couple of days before Legion drops? Just hit some invasions and remember how cool WAR was and get some cosmetics?

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Arms warrior is fun, you can line up shit with Colossus,
I'm liking destro lock. Can be talented so the rotation is pretty much the same all the time. Only one dot to keep track of and no reaction abilities. I'm sure some people love the "press whatever lights up next" whack-a-mole gameplay but that's not for me. For more simpleness, I took the talent that makes incinerate hit all targets for 1 button spam AOEing, good for heroics and clearing old raids. Pet use is optional, I mostly use voidwalker to solo and use the talent to get rid of the pet in groups. Good self healing too, one issue is that you have no runspeed/sprint ability at all, so you're always late catching up to the rest of the group.

Also tried MM hunter, but that had a lot of "wait for proc and hit appropriate button" gameplay, if you like that give that a try. Lost the use of aspect and traps though, that sucks.

You can spec Burning Rush, you give up Dark Pact, but I found out that it's not *that* necessary, especially if you play without a pet. If you do high level mythic dungeons, you won't rush much and can go back to use the shield.
I think Destruction is the best warlock spec now, Affliction is very slow, Demo is kinda fun, but the ramp up is never ending. Destro delivers, as usual (and with green fire is even better and more thematically appropriated).

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Having grappled with this for the last 4 expacs let me chime in on the druid thing: If you have to level as feral so you can raid as boomkin, that means you don't like boomkin very much.

Or your melee slots in your raids are to full. Having both specs is nice to allow melee or range as needed dps wise.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't wait to Boomkin in the new xpac. That fucking new moon spell look like burst fucking city. Boomkins gonna be powerful. Wish they would make feral powerful because its got some bad ass forms. But I just don't see anything in there that makes me go WOW.

Resto is nice. They giving us our ability to burst our HoTs again (forgot they even took that away lol)

Guardian looks sick. It's hard going between Boomkin and Guardian for offspec, but alas, Boomkin would just be more appropriate as a healer. As subbing DPS for a Heal and vice versa on raids is much more viable.