World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Hit 110 with the mage and decided to start my warrior up to at least level blacksmithing.

Did the legion intro scenario and already loving Arms.
A class that basically drops from the sky (completed with smash effect) and jumps straight into Valhalla to talk to Odin for strategy is The Hulk Class.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Pulled out my shaman alt for the first time, and made him thru the elem artifact quest. I absolutely don't understand what you're supposed to use as a rotation. Their getter/spender system is beyond comprehension.

(the icy vein page is absolutely hilarious, you have like 12 different priorities)

I've been playing my elemental shaman a bit since he's also my jewel crafter and I'm not paying those prices... anywho the secondary resource for shaman seems to be meant for enhance but elemental got shoehorned in there as well. it's okay to basically ignore it aside from realizing that when your earth shock lights up then you are capped and so should spend some.

My main mental disconnect with elemental shaman is that my main damage source is lava burst on enemies that have the fire DoT active, yet the artifact weapon is nominally all about lightning.

I honestly believe they designed the Fists of Ra'den intending it to be for Enhance and then realized 'oh fuck...someone has to use Doom hammer... okay ditch the lava orb and give the fists to Elemental'

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I always loved my Brew monk in MoP, but god I am just not feeling it. They gutted the class so bad and it feels really stale and shitty now unless they get lots of new stuff between 100 and 110 ;/ Might go back to the demonhunter or maybe dust off the warlock.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you don't mind the micro manage part of focused rage arms is fun as hell. For some, like me, it's just annoying.

I've stuck with fury for this reason but just hit 14 points in my artifact so might switch over and try out Arms some more.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I started up a new alt (Demonology lock) and started leveling from scratch. Only level 15 leveling through Elwynn and Westfall but I'm reminded why WoW was this incredible breath of fresh air back in 2004. By and large the leveling process simply works.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully Blizz has listened to the Fury warrior cries and give that spec some serious TLC. They really need it. Taking 30% extra damage (20% is you talent it) is too much. I understand the whole I get mad, do more damage and take more damage thing but they're not topping the dps meters, arms is. I never see any fury warriors in mythic dungeons cause no one wants them. I'm curious what the damage logs will be for them in EN. Sadly I only use my Fury spec when I'm farming legacy raids for gold, xmog and mounts. Arms is just nor for me. The big dick dps the spec can pull is nice but it's just too much micro managing with Focus Rage. So I just been staying prot most of my play time even when questing.

Speaking of prot has anyone got the infos on the prot hidden artifact skin? I read some theories but nothing solid. I'm starting to think its linked to raids or world bosses since no one has found anything.

Last edited:

Malkav

French Madman
I really love how Fury plays, but I agree, the extra damage received while enraged needs to go the way of the dodo. That shit can't be balanced because no other class suffers such a malus.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I am convinced that i broke the panda - hes been doing nothing but burning shit for 3 full fuckin days - i am prepared to turn this cunt into a rug or coat at this point.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
A class that basically drops from the sky (completed with smash effect) and jumps straight into Valhalla to talk to Odin for strategy is The Hulk Class.

It is really hard not to like the warrior order hall. Find a valkyr spot and jump into valhalla and when you leave it you are like a comet of gnomish justice descending from the sky to smite your foes.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Talking about mounts, I think it's pretty retarded that druid ground travel form is not epic ground speed while flight travel form benefits from the flying upgrades.

Completely negates the class "fantasy" that Blizz loves so much to have to use a real mount.

All the while shamans get 200% ghost wolf when they are out with their bodyguard....

I concur. Druids should have the same kind of body guard boost to let us use our travel form. Currently travel form is barely faster than cat form is which is kinda sad. Sounds like on PTR there is a glyph of travel that will bring it up to full mount speed out of combat unfortunately it looks exclusive on travel form so won't be able to run my orca form grrr. Given the way they are doing glyphs now they really should let you enhance the various sub spells of travel form.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you don't mind the micro manage part of focused rage arms is fun as hell. For some, like me, it's just annoying.

The ironic thing is at the start of WOD arms was the most utterly without buttons to press spec I have ever tried now the best way to play it is REALLY click intensive. Honestly though for most dungeons and LFR you could skip that talent spec into the one that gives you the more rage on mortal strike on targets below 20% for bursting through the execute phase and have a bit more relaxed spec.

I think the current focused rage thing is over performing and probably is going to take a shot to its nuts sooner or later.

Malkav

French Madman
I concur. Druids should have the same kind of body guard boost to let us use our travel form. Currently travel form is barely faster than cat form is which is kinda sad. Sounds like on PTR there is a glyph of travel that will bring it up to full mount speed out of combat unfortunately it looks exclusive on travel form so won't be able to run my orca form grrr. Given the way they are doing glyphs now they really should let you enhance the various sub spells of travel form.

Yeah so the PTR notes for the glyph.

Blizzard is really inconsistent on this one. "Now glyphs are only cosmetic" then "Uh druids want epic ground speed, let's put that back in a glyph that is exclusive with all the other travel form glyphs".

FFS, make it baseline already, there is no reason not to.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
So what's the consensus on easy to play and do decent DPs class/spec. Honestly at 40 with 3 kids I don't want to micro manage a overly complex rotation and also don't want to be the group asshole at medium Ilvl.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah so the PTR notes for the glyph.

Blizzard is really inconsistent on this one. "Now glyphs are only cosmetic" then "Uh druids want epic ground speed, let's put that back in a glyph that is exclusive with all the other travel form glyphs".

FFS, make it baseline already, there is no reason not to.

Yes glyphs are purely cosmetic except for druids because fuck druids wanting to use travel form to travel.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So what's the consensus on easy to play and do decent DPs class/spec. Honestly at 40 with 3 kids I don't want to micro manage a overly complex rotation and also don't want to be the group asshole at medium Ilvl.

Beastmastery hunter is pretty fun but a very straight forward spec. It has some nice talent options if you want a couple extra buttons to press or go with the more passive options for a really basic rotation. I tend to take murder of crows and chimeria shot so there is pretty much always something to do but it is not super busy and its really hard to mess anything up rotationally. Overall it seems to be performing well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider

I feel like hunter is a super solid choice right now. Surv is theoretically highest of the specs but it's a huge pain (and melee, ugh). Marks parses slightly better than BM in very ideal circumstances but BM is still pretty good and is the last unlimited mobility spec out there. Three distinct and useful dps specs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am leveling a beastmaster hunter as an alt. I'm borderline retarded and I still find it easy.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
What? Shamans are currently the best healers. Pretty sure ele > balance and enh > feral currently in 5 mans

I wouldn't cry for resto druids. Heal very well and do it while extremely mobile. For mythics it does seem to lack a bit of burst healing overall but germination helps smooth it out quite a bit. A bit worried about burst mechanics in mythic+ and not having a consistent lust in my group.

I've healed all the mythics for 2 weeks now (tanked some the week prior) and i'm an 848 druid without any legendaries yet. Healing people through some of these fights when people don't know them, omg :3

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I always loved my Brew monk in MoP, but god I am just not feeling it. They gutted the class so bad and it feels really stale and shitty now unless they get lots of new stuff between 100 and 110 ;/ Might go back to the demonhunter or maybe dust off the warlock.

I'm loving everything Monk. Brewmaster is supposedly "high skill" but I don't believe that. The entire class rotates on managing your purifying and ironskin brews in between Keg Smash, Explosive Keg, Fire Breath and Rushing Jade Wind (in dungeons), while waiting to use Expel Harm for sustain when needed. Although spawning the healing orbs is a little bit of RNG. You have the benefit of not being able to really take huge spike damage if you use ironskin brew right before an ability. But that does take SOME knowledge to do at the right moments.

Some healers aren't really aware of the nature of stagger where you sit at 75% health or so most the time if you manage brews correctly. The only way you can really fuck it up is by say, using one of the brews at the wrong time or using 2 charges by accident without your Black Ox Elixir up to refill your charges.

I find it a ton of fun. WW is an absolute super-cleaving skullcrusher and MW is incredibly stronk right now.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am leveling a beastmaster hunter as an alt. I'm borderline retarded and I still find it easy.

One big plus of it is if you are like me and get a bit antsy on the keyboard you won't interupt any attacks with movement. They are the only class that can use every ability they have and not mess anything up moving around.