World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Wait PvP ranks are like fucking CoD now?

they are until 7.1 in November. currently you level 1 through 50 unlocking talents then you hit the prestige button and lose all your talents and you do it again. in 7.1 you will keep all unlocked talents and you gain AP/gear/etc in place of the talents.

For Nightmare Caches, I accidentally did eyeball tree on LFR yesterday while i had the quest and the result was a LFR nightmare cache.
I'm assuming if you did it on normal the loot would be from normal. even though the quest was to kill the tree, i got loot from Renferal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
For Nightmare Caches, I accidentally did eyeball tree on LFR yesterday while i had the quest and the result was a LFR nightmare cache.
I'm assuming if you did it on normal the loot would be from normal. even though the quest was to kill the tree, i got loot from Renferal.

Nope. Quest should be like it was in WoD with the garrison mission. If you check the reward before even entering the raid on any difficulty the box will say what the loot contains. Box is dependant on how many bosses of a difficulty you've killed. I think I remember someone saying it was 8 bosses. So 8 on normal = normal box, 8 on heroic = heroic box, etc. not reaching any of the requirements = LFR box.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
that wouldn't make sense, i have cleared EN last week (killed cenarius and xavius twice with a pug), and then cleared back to Cenarius this week so thats 14 bosses down if you count the double xavius/cenarius kills last week and 12 if you dont. the chest was still LFR.

edit: when i started the mission i had 10 bosses down.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It probably has to do with how many bosses you had down when the mission pops rather than when it's completed because that's when the rewards are populated.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
that wouldn't make sense, i have cleared EN last week (killed cenarius and xavius twice with a pug), and then cleared back to Cenarius this week so thats 14 bosses down if you count the double xavius/cenarius kills last week and 12 if you dont. the chest was still LFR.

edit: when i started the mission i had 10 bosses down.

Fairly certain re-clears would also not have an effect. In the same way that you do not get loot on the reclear.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I think the current rogue blueprint is to stop leveling outlaw artifact at 18 or so and then dump points into sub until you actually have the mountains of gear it takes for it to outscale everything and free you from the outlaw RNG. The trick is upgrading six relics...

At least, that assume no more tuning passes. Ha ha, hah.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Man, pugging mythic + is rough. Shitty dps players and people disconnecting halfway through can be frustrating. I really wish I could play with the forum folks more, but I'm stuck on my shitty server because of my green rep bars on my main.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Attempted doing Vault+6 last week and it was going swell until we realized the adds that the second boss breaks out of the prisons bolster him...

Needless to say we wiped and it being the only wipe during the entire run, the pug healer spouted something along the lines of "My Mom has cancer and needs to be taken to chemotherapy, sorry got to go." Quickly left the group and was in an Arcway run with his guild. I only know this as we're on the same server, Zul'jin and we called him out on his bullshit.

Wasted our run and our keystone as no one in the group was going to want to reset and replenish a key without any loot at the end. Grabbing randoms can be shit sometimes.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I am now level 101, apparently my character must of been flagged as special because I had a cool event with thrall where he gave me some crazy legendary weapon and made me the leader of the Earthen Ring.

Probably a GM event only for cool returning characters.

I mean giving every single scrub a legendary artifact weapon like Doomhammer seems insane right?

...right?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man, pugging mythic + is rough. Shitty dps players and people disconnecting halfway through can be frustrating. I really wish I could play with the forum folks more, but I'm stuck on my shitty server because of my green rep bars on my main.

Can free accounts join guilds? If yes you can just create a second, free account join the guild and use it just to recruit groups.

I ran with a bunch of FoH peeps yesterday in M+ even though I'm not on Hyjal. Was smooth until we got to Wrath of Azshara in a EoA +7.

Goddamn that fight sucks

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Rep > having fun?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Uhh have you tried abandoning the quest and then reclicking the item to get the quest again?
In WoD the trick was trying to intentionally fail the cache mission so when it repopulated it would have the upgraded chest. Since no one had more than 7 kills on normal or heroic on Tuesday when we got the cache mission, everyone(?) got the LFR version.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

You can Xserver mythic+. I did that yesterday. What time do you play bro? I can tank or heal.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Rep > having fun?

More like my OCD > having fun.

I think once I get my main more or less set in terms of gear and whatnot I'll be able to devote more time to an alt in the guild. I've simply invested too much time into my main (maxing reps, tradeskills, cooking, fishing + fishing artifact, etc.) to abandon him completely.

Can free accounts join guilds? If yes you can just create a second, free account join the guild and use it just to recruit groups.

That's actually a really good idea, but my main is Alliance.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
We finished M+9 Vault last night with like 2 seconds left on the timer. We were so pumped we jumped right into +10 Darkheart. Couldn't kill the first boss. The tyrannical affix just made it so we couldn't keep up healing through his two shot abilities. We tried everything we could think of and I really don't think our ~855 group was capable of downing that guy.

That made us start thinking of which dungeon might be doable at 10 with tyrannical at this ilvl and we had a real hard time coming up with a single zone that didn't have a boss with high damage abilities. As an 856 mage there was just nothing I could do against the druid guy. A tick from the add spawning below you + his leap was insta death. The dot from just his leap I could ice block twice, but the third one would kill me.

Anyone completed a 10? Just need more gear I think.