World of Warcraft: Current Year

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Lock does not deal weak damage, and the buffs they got in the last patch made them even more respectable.
Yes they do till they get heavily geared (currently mythic raiding progression ilvl geared) and even then you must play demo.

Rather then just playing Mage or hunter and doing superior damage till my guild has about half the mythic fights on pure farm mode.

Last edited:

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Soooo tempted to reroll off my lock to mage or hunter.....

Mage is alot better when you unlock the second gold trait. Mechanically I think fire is flawed since all you are trying to do is use instant spells to extend hot streaks. Lining all the instant crits with cds is pretty much what you do. The natural cleave of ignite, living bomb, and conflagration to pad meters. Maybe I prefer rotational classes more, but the damage can't be beat.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
I'm debating swapping mains to my hunter from my warrior. I did arcway again last night and the ae shit all over the fucking floor is just a nightmare as melee. And is it just me or are the mob hit boxes fucking tiny in this expansion? You just cant avoid shit half the time and I spend more time circling ae shit than DPSing, then those fucking elemental things that do the pathed explosion, by the time I see it it's too late as I'm stood about 20microns from the mob I'm hitting due to the tiny ass hitbox. Load hunter up and it's just so much less stress, I don't have to worry about hit box, I can dps basically uninterrupted while moving so long as I'm roughly facing mob and ae may as well not exist for how simple it is to avoid as hunter.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Mage is alot better when you unlock the second gold trait. Mechanically I think fire is flawed since all you are trying to do is use instant spells to extend hot streaks. Lining all the instant crits with cds is pretty much what you do. The natural cleave of ignite, living bomb, and conflagration to pad meters. Maybe I prefer rotational classes more, but the damage can't be beat.
Was planning to do arcane (once I get some gear going) and fire. Arcane does some stupid good damage on some fights. But yea, would only be to help get my guild geared up more then switch back to lock to get him geared since demo once really geared is insane damage.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What's your strategy for giving him stuff? I gave him like 20 work orders at a time of various shit and ended up with 3 of the same recipe and a fuck ton of burnt food. Now I'm not sure how to diversify.
I got a note that lists all the recipes I'm not at 3, and shove him one WO per food/fish item. Do that again as soon as I'm going to lapse before the next day.

Of course, I have half a bag full of foodstuffs now. But I have my main recipe food (got Azshara Salad 1 day after unlocking Surf'n Turf) so it's only for completion's sake.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm debating swapping mains to my hunter from my warrior. I did arcway again last night and the ae shit all over the fucking floor is just a nightmare as melee. And is it just me or are the mob hit boxes fucking tiny in this expansion? You just cant avoid shit half the time and I spend more time circling ae shit than DPSing, then those fucking elemental things that do the pathed explosion, by the time I see it it's too late as I'm stood about 20microns from the mob I'm hitting due to the tiny ass hitbox. Load hunter up and it's just so much less stress, I don't have to worry about hit box, I can dps basically uninterrupted while moving so long as I'm roughly facing mob and ae may as well not exist for how simple it is to avoid as hunter.

I think hunter should be the de facto ranged choice even if they aren't numerically the best. In practice they just work the best.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there any discord for the guild? I'm on a diff server but would be cool to check in in case anyone's in need of a priest for something. I've just started doing heroics have cleared heroic eye so far

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider

This is my main complaint with my Enhancement Shaman, a lot of the hitboxes are so fucking tiny I'm having to stand on top of shit to Stormstrike. Nothing like having to stand body to body with a mob that fills up your whole screen so that you can't see shit else. It's always been a melee issue but, you're right, it's much worse in this expansion.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Wait PvP ranks are like fucking CoD now?

And dungeon progression is like greater rifts.

uD60IXM.jpg

Honestly, I think its fine and I like it. The dungeons are good enough and there's enough fun/flavor abilities to fuck around with in pvp right now.

I am now level 101, apparently my character must of been flagged as special because I had a cool event with thrall where he gave me some crazy legendary weapon and made me the leader of the Earthen Ring.

Probably a GM event only for cool returning characters.

I mean giving every single scrub a legendary artifact weapon like Doomhammer seems insane right?

...right?

Cut the shit pal lol

Yes they do till they get heavily geared (currently mythic raiding progression ilvl geared) and even then you must play demo.

Rather then just playing Mage or hunter and doing superior damage till my guild has about half the mythic fights on pure farm mode.

Our destruction and demonology lock are both tearing shit up. Can't hate on soul stone either.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I never thought we'd live in a world where Boomkins are the things to fear in PVP, holy shit those guys will ruin your day. Full moon hits for over 2 million.

Prestige'd last night...the grind continues.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never thought we'd live in a world where Boomkins are the things to fear in PVP, holy shit those guys will ruin your day. Full moon hits for over 2 million.

Prestige'd last night...the grind continues.

If you leave a boomkin alone long enough to get full moon off you probably are not going to live to regret it. Because it likely is getting followed up immediately by a starsurge or two and if it procs some wolf projectiles.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So I finally figured out I was grinding mobs wrong in farming because I was ignoring Marked for Death... everything now is two hits and they fall over. It's fucking magical. The 60 second CD made me relegate it to "shit tier CD to weave with AR/Blades" but I forgot it reset every time the mob dies.

Is there something for DH Tank that speeds up killing? I'm basically immortal but it takes forever to kill things.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh yes marked for death on anything that dies in less than a minute is gold standard. Soloing it is pretty much marked for death/murder mob rinse repeat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Used to do that with MfD

Then I got tons of mastery on sub and learned about Mathias, now everything just dies in a cheap shot

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What are prot warriors using as stat priority? I was thinking haste until you can keep shield block up reliably, then mastery until you can get 100% crit block(no idea if this is even possible), then versatility, then crit if you really have to take it.

Also, with the nerf to rage gen, does revenge take higher priority than devastate, or is fishing for SS resets still better?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Uh so I got a quest item (shiny shard) or something from my Kirin Tor emissary chest. Have to kill a bunch of dalaran citizens. Anyone else got this? They have 10mil hp and the one I tried was hitting me as a tank for 300k -1.6mil

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The ret pal bug on mythic Nythandria was good times, but 600k wasn't enough to push us through one last MC clusterfuck for the kill. SUM TIN WONG: Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft (many of the highest ones were removed - some up over 850k)

Also, wtf at Volatile Rot sometimes going onto a non tank when a tank is holding Nyth - or even someone who is currently MC'd? Did it choose the v.rot target before starting the charm cast, but not apply it until after charm goes out? Seemed like straight up buggy shit.

Xavius heroic - 16 people dead, I descend into madness at 10% to go and my cooldowns all come up. Mr Miyagi gave me a smile and a wink.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
What are prot warriors using as stat priority? I was thinking haste until you can keep shield block up reliably, then mastery until you can get 100% crit block(no idea if this is even possible), then versatility, then crit if you really have to take it.

Also, with the nerf to rage gen, does revenge take higher priority than devastate, or is fishing for SS resets still better?

Stat priority "Str>Versatilty>master>haste>everything else" currently the strongest for pure damage prevention, they also tested it with "str>haste>mastery>versatility"' and it took more damage but with less spikes due to shieldblock uptime.

in short it currently doesn't matter. I see quite a few top 10 guild tanks going with a hybrid of the 2. so Str>Vers=Mastery/Haste.

the consensus on the warrior discord is that devastate spam is still the way to go, revenge only if you have <2 seconds on SS cooldown. EDIT'd > to <, i should proofread better.

Last edited: