World of Warcraft: Current Year

bytes

Molten Core Raider
How did you guys manage to max Nightfallen, it's been a pain so far. I mean I only started with Legion two weeks ago, so I'm obviously behind the rest of the playerbase but it's looking grim. 8/11 story quests done, exhausted the questhubs and doing all the world quests every day. Still only at 2/12k, so a long way to go before the next story part opens up.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
How did you guys manage to max Nightfallen, it's been a pain so far. I mean I only started with Legion two weeks ago, so I'm obviously behind the rest of the playerbase but it's looking grim. 8/11 story quests done, exhausted the questhubs and doing all the world quests every day. Still only at 2/12k, so a long way to go before the next story part opens up.
I think I was exalted after a couple weeks. You need to unlock and do all the WQ there every day if you want that kind of timeline though. It's been in the daily rotation several times since release (as well as Kirin Tor a few times). There's no secret; do the WQ and grab DMF rep buff if available for bonus 10%. Being human for the extra 10% rep racial helps.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Maximizing withered training runs helps. You get over 400+ rep per run if you are getting points close to 400.

Fuck that Dro mini-boss, though. I had 15 withered and he killed 13 of them ;/ Having a low amount of stuns means you're fucked vs. him. My brew could only use leg sweep and my CC for interupts, but both had longer cooldowns than his bullshit rush around and murder everyone. Elfbreaker was even worse, since ONLY stuns worked and my CC didn't, so he would just munch all my damn troops and smash them to bits.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just maxed Nightfallen the other day, you just have to do pretty much every single Nightfallen WQ that pops. No real good way to grind it out that I know, you do the WQs and pray that the Nightfallen or Kirin Tor are the emissary of the day.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
"o Shield Slam now generates 20 Rage (was 10).
o Ignore Pain’s maximum absorption has been reduced by 33%."

WHERE is the the CM for Warrior Forum? - MMO-Champion BlueTracker

Sad times. But fellow prot warrior aside, moving shield slam up and down so quickly in live looks really bad. That's a huge delta on basically one of the few ways to generate rage for a tank. Not being able to zero in on a number prepatch...wtf are they doing for testing?

Also, RIP revenge, you will be missed...kinda.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man the difference between good and bad healers and DPS is huge nowadays. Tanks are meh, tanking is easy.

Went into EN and couldn't kill Eye with a group where 3 of the 6 dps were lower than me as guardian on boss fights. Finally down him after they bring in a ringer DPS friend and then the same thing happens on Cenarius (I think our best attempt we got him to 40%).

Find a different PUG and 1 Shot Cenarius and then nobody even gets mind controlled on Xavius. Super clean kill.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Any DK dps'ers on here? How are you DK's enjoying the class? Rotation seems much simpler (esp. frost, but even Unholy is easyish).

Kinda meh, tbh. Enjoy being bottom of the pack most of the time. I do well in most expac's until later into the expansion, DK's have never scaled well, so while I do alright now, I know that in Nighthold I'll be middle of the road, and by the final raid, I'll be dead last.

Unholy is easy, Frost is back to jumping around your keyboard like a retarded monkey on crack.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

Withering Army maxes at 425 rep, get that score.
-Go slow and open all of the glimmering and other chests you can (and save those chests until AFTER you get to the point where you want to be "done"!).
-The biggest thing you can do is get the small chests that buff your withered. 25% damage and 25% health (or 50%? Whatever) are huge increase in how things work in battles. I can get Dro down from 80% to dead in one 4 second stun.
-You can skip elfbreaker, just wait for him to path to the broken column, and run your ass to the stairs. Don't stop to fight any spiders, just drag them with you to the first landing, then turn on the army-killing (without using berserk) by engaging the spiders as you can. Run up to the big spider to stop the spawns.
--Actually, there are a bunch of skippable bosses, but I do most of them since I don't lose much health with the stuns and focus fire.
-Get all of the withered you can. My best run was 46 withered total, with no deaths (maybe the Zerker died? IDK). Some spawns are static, some aren't. Find the static ones and make sure you get them every time. The more withered you have, the easier it gets.

The other thing beyond the training...

Do all of the sidequests... some of the WQ are gated behind it. Did you free the dinosaur (from Nighteyes in the menagerie)? Did setup the pre-reqs for the court of stars killing (Libertines et al)?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Does withered army training WQ show up every 3 days or does it show up on specific days, regardless of when you complete it?

I like the idea of it and my first two runs (done on the same night since it was the quest run then the first WQ run) I did well, maxed rep, and found it pretty easy to kill everything at 847 ilvl BM hunter, even without many withered. Got a couple big chests and small chests, plus got the fox mount on the first end chest.

That scenario is buggy as fuck and very frustrating though.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Does withered army training WQ show up every 3 days or does it show up on specific days, regardless of when you complete it?

I like the idea of it and my first two runs (done on the same night since it was the quest run then the first WQ run) I did well, maxed rep, and found it pretty easy to kill everything at 847 ilvl BM hunter, even without many withered. Got a couple big chests and small chests, plus got the fox mount on the first end chest.

That scenario is buggy as fuck and very frustrating though.

It's a WQ that spawns every 3 days (same days for everyone). Next up Wednesday.

As for bugs, the biggest ones are around the big circular web room, don't walk around on the webs up top, just don't.

Also if you're berserking your dudes in there sometimes they'll fixate on one of the mobs up on the webs and just stand in place derping. I typically clear the ground floor first and then use range attacks to pull those mobs down.

It's definitely frustrating the first few runs but if you make it a goal to pull at least 2-3 chests each run it becomes incredibly easy after you get all the upgrades. Last few runs I didn't even DPS anything just used my spells to pull shit and let them melt everything. Roughly 700 score and 50-55 left alive at the end every time now. I know everyone says you only need 400 score to get max rep (don't need), who knows if there's a higher chance of the good drops (legendary, toys, etc.) with a higher score.

Last edited:

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I'm honestly glad I'm done with that shit now on my hunter with all the chests and exalted.. I only do the WQ by giving the 400 mana, zone in, tell them I'm starting, then immediately telling them i'm done. Gives me the basic chest with the AP item and I leave. It still gives me a few hundred in rep items, too.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
With so much talk about how bad DH was going to be for mythic why play one as a main tank?

I simply wanted to try the new tanking class because I feel that the changes to the one I mained from mop-wod (Monk) was not very interesting. It did not feel rewarding at all.

I like vengeance's design but there's no secret that it's a way worse tank in its current iteration than druids and warriors for progression. When progression ends I'll probably swap back. If I had luck with legendaries I'd probably be in a better space. When Nighthold releases and you obtain tier set, it's going to be way better. But yeah, give passive armor boost please.

We spent all evening yesterday wiping on ursoc, getting to like 20-30 million hp left (1-2%ish). Finally my leader goes "maybe we should have gone for another boss instead". Since we didn't do any split runs, we're pretty much lacking in igear

DavivMcD

Peasant
I've got all the withered army upgrades and I just do the scenario with the minimum (8) now. I can still kill everything up to the end and finish with like 30 withered. It's definitely a relief to not have to farm 2000 arcane mana every 3 days.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Maximizing withered training runs helps. You get over 400+ rep per run if you are getting points close to 400.
I think it's 25rep for the scenario, plus 1 rep per pt, up to 400, so that caps at 425.

I finally got all the upgrades, so basically I'm going to do at one point a run for the last pet chest, but outside of that, it's get 400pt, end scenario.

The key to boss is to have a large upgraded army. Since they moved Dro to inner area, you can probably collect 15+ withered in addition to 20 before encountering him, and they kill any boss fast with berzerk. Don't bother too much on your first couple runs, just collect as many upgrades you can, including suicide runs (run thru boss, click on chest).

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've got all the withered army upgrades and I just do the scenario with the minimum (8) now. I can still kill everything up to the end and finish with like 30 withered. It's definitely a relief to not have to farm 2000 arcane mana every 3 days.
Takes about 10 minutes to get the full 2000 mana if you weren't already high in the mana levels from doing WQ's in Suramar. Go o the vineyard area and run around. Shit's just laying on the ground :) If you don't care about money, get the Nightfallen Shoulder Enchant. You will get 100 mana an hour just playing anywhere in the game (at least for me I averaged one drop an hour)

Oh, you mean everyone didn't get that quest the first (and so far only) time they ran the withered army scenario? ;)

Dick.... That mount looks super sweet. Not sweet enough for me to ever run the withered training scenario again but pretty sweet.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also a dick ;)

I'm pretty happy with how casual friendly this expansion is. I logged in for an hour yesterday, did all of the artifact power World Quests and my random heroic. Got my Healing weapon from zero to Artifact Level 16.