World of Warcraft: Current Year

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You're right, it's gear setups. Which, I'm still not sure what precisely that means. The amount of setups it does seems only influenced by the "stat points" setting, but that's set to 500 by default while simcraft doesn't have a setting for that I can find. The simcraft results say a scaling delta of ~1100. So, I don't know. AMR seems quite excessive in its simulations and the numbers are close enough to simcrafts to not care.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
thanks, yea im only at 64% still wearing around 80% of my prot gear which is versatility over mastery. need to farm some straight mastery items. I've been using Chronoshard/str+vers trinkets, cant seem to get memento or appendages to drop =/.

Yeah till then try to grab a WQ STR/Mastery trinket. I believe I am at 858 equipped (860+ non) and I am still using an 835 STR/Mast w/ a socket. Also keep in mind necks & rings have no STR, so for instance I have the 845 neck from Helya and it is incredibly heavy on mastery. I probably wont replace that even with 870+ for a really long time. Really kinda dislike how heavily weighted some specs are towards secondary stats. Fury luckily doesn't really have that issue.

I can't figure out the discrepancy between real logs and simcraft results. Do people, even top end raiders, just suck at arms and even fury rotations?

I'll admit I haven't tried either in a sustained situation yet but I've found arms much better than fury for soloing and questing. That +30% damage taken needs to go. It does absolutely nothing except provide a little bit of flavor. I find myself missing having an off-gcd rage dump(FR sucks for questing), for either spec.

When playing fury, what did you use to track enrage? Changing your rotation on whether a 4s self buff is annoying. Arms has the same deal, but it seems an 8s target debuff + tactitian seems to smooth that out mostly.

I hate using the RNG excuse, but I can suck one pull, then kill it on another. Arms still does really well on Ursoc & Nythendra type fights, which are short 3:30-5 minute fights where the burst hasn't completely faded. But overall, with the lack of aoe it can really suck. Also, a lot of those top logs are pre-Sept. 23rd hotfix, where you could use hamstring to proc tactician & Exploit the Weakness trait was much stronger etc.

I don't play Fury a ton, but to play either spec even remotely optimal, Weak Auras right in the middle of your screen is probably a must. The enrage duration is pretty irritating. Blizzard commented on taking another look at Fury, saying they would hopefully have some news regarding a change this last week. Nothing yet, but its something. That 30% has to go bare minimum, with hopefully another buff.

Ps. Potions of the Old War help a ton, but its hard to spend 1,000g+ a pull...

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ask Mr. Robot, which I usually really like. But there stat weights were all fucked up for me recently.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
a_skeleton_02 just to set the bar for you, I find old eq players to be the worst raiders in wow. Of course there are a few exceptions, but in general...

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
a_skeleton_02 just to set the bar for you, I find old eq players to be the worst raiders in wow. Of course there are a few exceptions, but in general...

That's fine, I mean before I quit I was Server First

Ragnaros ,Nefarion,C'thun,and every boss in TBC.

I'm more worried you guys aren't worth my time than the other way around.

I doubt WoW raiding has really gotten much harder.

Juvarisx

Florida
That's fine, I mean before I quit I was Server First

Ragnaros ,Nefarion,C'thun,and every boss in TBC.

I'm more worried you guys aren't worth my time than the other way around.

I doubt WoW raiding has really gotten much harder.

Its about the only thing in the game that has gotten progressively harder( talking highest difficulty level for the raids obviously).

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Raiding is definitely harder now than it was in Vanilla/TBC if you want it to be. My guild got server firsts on every mob that mattered from Vanilla to end of WoTLK too and the things that made it "hard" were 1) having to farm a shitload of consumables, 2) Ventrillo and voice chat in general was in its infancy, 3) cockblocked by attunements and resist gear, 4) when raids were 40man I'd say a good 15 of them were useless carries (on Thaddius for example we had this french-canadian hunter who barely spoke engrish and would get confused between "left" and "right" every other attempt, fuck that guy).

Of course you can still derp through LFR or normal difficulty these days if you want, but on Heroic and especially Mythic there really isn't much room for bad players or carries.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

I find it quite the opposite, think old eq raiders got most of the WW 1st when WoW was young. However now you wont know whos even old school unless you strike up some long conversation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Raiding is definitely harder now than it was in Vanilla/TBC if you want it to be. My guild got server firsts on every mob that mattered from Vanilla to end of WoTLK too and the things that made it "hard" were 1) having to farm a shitload of consumables, 2) Ventrillo and voice chat in general was in its infancy, 3) cockblocked by attunements and resist gear, 4) when raids were 40man I'd say a good 15 of them were useless carries (on Thaddius for example we had this french-canadian hunter who barely spoke engrish and would get confused between "left" and "right" every other attempt, fuck that guy).

Of course you can still derp through LFR or normal difficulty these days if you want, but on Heroic and especially Mythic there really isn't much room for bad players or carries.

And Sunwell with its bullshit class stacking required fights.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
You're only as good as the current content you're capable of dealing with. If you were top tier 4 years ago, that doesn't mean jack and shit right now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Mechanics are certainly a lot more punishing now compared to a few years ago. But I still think if you were a top tier raider then, you probably could be very decent now. Still though, the game is about as hard as it's ever been in terms of PvE. Even outside of raids, running high level M+ starts to get really fucking gnarly where you actually have to have strats in 5mans.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
This list is not accurate
Yea, I got corrected. To be honest, that was what I saw on every of my currently leveling alts, I've yet to get druid and warrior to 101 and unlocking their class hall upgrades.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I'm happily sitting out of mythic raids just to keep from needing to buy potions. This isn't a very good long-term plan, as we're already clearing heroic in under 2 1/2 hours, but I'm stuck in shitty relic limbo anyway.
Be happy. In 7.1, there is a potion that gives you +2500 stat every minute; it's going to be mandatory chugging.

xzi

Mouthbreather
BTW, for people farming old content or a ton of mobs out in the world I suggest you make yourself Bear Tartare. Every single time you get any kill you get a 5 sec buff that gives 70% movement speed.

On top of that, you can finallly use your cirspy bacon since you're probably never going to die in an old raid and then you have a full nights worth of farming.

This has sped up everything significantly and I'm a little mad I never made any earlier than today.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I ended up getting 4 out of 7 Heroic kills this week but goddamn is it painful banging your head against the wall on some of these fights in PUGS. Eye is probably the easiest boss behind Nythendra in the zone but Blizzard really made it a lesson in futility.

"How can we make this boss faceroll easy yet impossible for the majority of our player base?"
"Make it so the dps have to NOT do stuff sometimes"
"Like stopping damage or not going through a door right away after its unlocked?"
"Exactly"

It's like the Christmas Eve of raid bosses... "Can I open my gifts yet please please please please please?!"

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I find it quite the opposite, think old eq raiders got most of the WW 1st when WoW was young. However now you wont know whos even old school unless you strike up some long conversation.

Let's be real, moving your mouse and moving more in a DDR fashion, although maybe more difficult with coordination (?) is nothing incredibly difficult. It's all about effort. If the players from back then wanted to put in the effort they would be good today as well. The difficulty of yesteryear was putting in all the overtime and additional effort other players didn't want. Not being a retard also helped.

But it usually equates to effort. Do fights require more movement & execution of mechanics? Sure. Did the past days of MMOs require quite a bit more effort. Yes.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Let's be real, moving your mouse and moving more in a DDR fashion, although maybe more difficult with coordination (?) is nothing incredibly difficult. It's all about effort. If the players from back then wanted to put in the effort they would be good today as well. The difficulty of yesteryear was putting in all the overtime and additional effort other players didn't want. Not being a retard also helped.

But it usually equates to effort. Do fights require more movement & execution of mechanics? Sure. Did the past days of MMOs require quite a bit more effort. Yes.
So we traded in the poopsocks for harder raids?