World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really annoying. WQ items must be determined for your spec when they spawn? I logged out MW on my monk so i'm seeing a shitty, useless neck when i'd much rather have a hard to find stamina trinket. Switching specs didnt make any difference. My druid logged out in feral so he gets the stamina trinket.
They are 100% random. I got a lot of intelligence trinkets at the beginning of the expansion and I never changed out of Guardian after getting all of my artifacts. I put my first points in to my Resto artifact last week.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
It does seem odd that with 12 different apparently weekly World Bosses that we'd get Jim two weeks in a row so early in the expansion.
Just like how I'll be getting my 6th Hungering claw pet instead of the mount....

Dalien

Registered Hodor
That trinket is BIS for a bunch of specs because secondary stats are so good this expansion.

I was happy to hear he was up again this week until I got gold x2 again. It's raining salt over here.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Shadow Priest is insanely good in the right hands atm.
Yes, but the class has to pay that with extremely complicated stuff. Compare it to a Fire Mage...

I'm considering, for the first time to use a castbar UI addon, because fuck paying attention to the crap, moving around, and keeping an eye to see if the Void Form icon is flashing yet. I'm 55, and my ability to handle multiple inputs isn't getting any better...

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Guess I'm a little clueless how looting in groups/raids work now. I'm used to loot popping up and people picking greed/need then the game showing the rolls each person got. Does the game decide this all for you based on your current spec and gear? What if I'm dps and want to collect some tank gear?
Current baseline loot rules (unless your lead changes to master/NBG, if he is allowed by the group/raid format):

- You have about 25% chance of getting a loot from the boss
- You can get any loot from its loot table that fits your current loot spec (click on portrait, "loot spec", choice is current spec, specific spec, any spec). Including stuff you already have equipped.
- Loot table includes legendary items at an abysmal low drop rate for raid/WB.
- IF the piece you get from the boss is of the same or lower ilvl than the one you currently have equipped, you are allowed to trade it to anyone in your raid/group that was eligible to loot (if they already killed that boss, can't trade. I think)
- If you use a seal for an additional roll, it's the same rules, except you can't trade any lower ilvl piece.
- You can use a roll even if you're not allowed to get loot from the boss this week.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
That trinket is BIS for a bunch of specs because secondary stats are so good this expansion.

I was happy to hear he was up again this week until I got gold x2 again. It's raining salt over here.

Yeah I found this out. I got invited because I wanted the +940 AP thing. Did the raid blew cool downs and healed people then left.

On my way back I started getting tells from people and one guy asking if I wanted to trade it (it's BOP though not sure if you can trade stuff)

Anyways when I noticed it in my bag I linked it and was like holy shit this thing is like 35 ilvls over my next highest item.

Then I got hate tells from people farming him.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
On my way back I started getting tells from people and one guy asking if I wanted to trade it (it's BOP though not sure if you can trade stuff)
See above; if you have a trinket of the same ilvl or greater, you can trade it to anyone eligible.

Last LFR I was in, someone had "that" addon that indicate automatically any personal loot which is eligible for trade, and even lists which characters have lower ilvl and could "benefit" from trade.
Then I got hate tells from people farming him.
That decision (being able to trade personal loot) is probably the most boneheaded naive one Blizzard has made in the last 3 months.

It sounds wonderful on paper, and then it's used by real people. And we all know what kind assholes people on the internet are.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i usually give away 840-850 loot in mythics, and usually give away whatever 835 crap people want from LFR but i hoard anything higher than 850 in case blizzard does some massive stat rebalancing and suddenly i need to stack crit for some odd reason.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
- You can get any loot from its loot table that fits your current loot spec (click on portrait, "loot spec", choice is current spec, specific spec, any spec). Including stuff you already have equipped.

Thanks for the informative response.

How does the game decide if loot fits my spec? Is it granular down to secondary stats? As in, it won't drop stuff that doesn't have str, versatility, and/or mastery if I'm tank spec? Or it just "this has str and/or plate", thus most class items fit pretty much any of my warrior specs?

And how does the rolling work? Roll to loot...success! Oh, none this dude's shit fits your spec, no loot for you. I'm guessing the granularity I mentioned above isn't that fine grain, so this scenario is very rare. As in, the only thing on the boss's loot table for my class is a shadow relic, but I'm tank spec. So I would end up getting no loot?