World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh and tanking Normal on my BM was a snooze in comparison to that Heroic Ursoc fight. I could have better trinkets, enchants, food, flasks and runes, better use of purify, zen med etc. but Im still going to get raped as a BM on that encounter.

Druids might fall off a bit in Nighthold as one of the reasons they're so strong right now is that dmg in EN is magic, which they can mitigate easier than other tanks. That may not be the case in Nighthold.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh, the group succeeded with my Monk tanking, but how much was I carried? How much are your healers carrying your DH? If that same group had a druid or even a warrior in that same position - how much easier would that content be? Thats the real question.

Speaking of item level and gear - I fell prey to this hole on Akylie and somewhere between 860 and 868 I lost 30k dps in my sim results. Im positive it was my trinkets that seemed like obvious upgrades, but since I DE'd those afterwards - I have no way to test it. So basically, everytime I get a piece of gear - Im running sim results and making sure that its an upgrade. I dont usually watch videos on WoW but damn if this video doesnt hit a f'n home run. Especially if you arent even aware of how much you're fucking yourself with just pure item level upgrade mentality.

I noticed this with a lot of trinkets. I ran 830/820 trinkets because I KNEW they were much better just because Secondary stats are so damn strong now. But yeah. SIM everything.

Some of these effects on trinkets are really "cool" but the effect actually isn't all that good. Some of the passive effects are obvious fucking shit but they don't appear that way and dat ilvl upgrade.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Trying to figure out if I should be using phantasmal echo or a 1200str/900mastery trinket. According to guides the echo is bis but str is our highest priority stat followed by mastery.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea, he touches on that with his Mage. Shock Baton being better than his 870-885 trinkets from EN. Or when you look at the other BiS and its the flat stat trinket from Jin. Makes me question if this is by design? Is it a fuck up? What is really going on with trinkets?

If nothing changed between now and Night Hold, I dont think that Druid is going to lose its spot. Basing my opinion off my understanding that if magic damage is a true concern, then why arent DK's ranked higher?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yea, he touches on that with his Mage. Shock Baton being better than his 870-885 trinkets from EN. Or when you look at the other BiS and its the flat stat trinket from Jin. Makes me question if this is by design? Is it a fuck up? What is really going on with trinkets?

If nothing changed between now and Night Hold, I dont think that Druid is going to lose its spot. Basing my opinion off my understanding that if magic damage is a true concern, then why arent DK's ranked higher?

Mark of Ursoc has no cooldown (like Ironfur) and AMS isn't as strong and has a 60 second cd. That's before we get into the active healing/mitigation differences.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think it's more so they made other tanks mitigate like shit period.

Tell me how warriors were so much better than druids? We never were

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Which is a weird choice because Druids were always the massive health pool tanks because they had to rely on dodge and shit instead of mitigation like Warriors have (had).

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Trying to figure out if I should be using phantasmal echo or a 1200str/900mastery trinket. According to guides the echo is bis but str is our highest priority stat followed by mastery.

i wear 855 echo/850 darkmoon or swap darkmoon for ember of nullification (str/vers) the sims are not accurate for prot, haste/mastery/vers all have a stat weight within .2 of each other and it shifts dramatically depending on your current haste/vers/mastery. its really hard to parse out what is best.

im 20% haste and i can keep shieldblock up 90% of the time with HR, im keeping the haste trinket.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
You can raid LFR @a_skeleton_02, all the wings (bosses) should be open now I think.

I'm still enjoying Legion a lot but the gearing/itemization is pretty whack. Too much RNG and too much needing to SIM shit to determine if it's actually an upgrade. As it is, I run Simcraft for a Pawn string and equip shit based off Pawn telling me it's an upgrade, then I sim again with the new item(s) to see if it actually upped DPS. For instance, I got an 865 cloak off J'im with crit/vers, my worst two secondary stats; it would replace an 855 cloak with mastery/haste, my best two. The AGI upgrade from 10 ilvls might be an overall DPS upgrade (and Pawn says it is by a small amount) but it might not actually up my DPS =/ Too much reliance on Sims for this shit.

Trinkets are just a whole pain in the ass on their own. Literally have to sim every combo of trinkets I have to see what is best (and according to Simcraft, my best single target trinket are the 835/830 agi/haste WQ trinkets I had, but I use one of those and an 840 mastery/AE proc one instead).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Versatility and AC mitigate better than str. Usually, that comparison doesn't come into play except on trinkets. You might find a str/ver or the secondary stat trinket from jim are better than both.

Also, you keep mentioning rage generation being back to what it was before. That's not so clear. SS was originally 15 rage and Vengeance was 50%. Now they're 20 and 35%, so...maybe?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Versatility and AC mitigate better than str. Usually, that comparison doesn't come into play except on trinkets. You might find a str/ver or the secondary stat trinket from jim are better than both.

Also, you keep mentioning rage generation being back to what it was before. That's not so clear. SS was originally 15 rage and Vengeance was 50%. Now they're 20 and 35%, so...maybe?
Well it's not 10 rage anymore is what I mean. That shit was stupid.

The vengeance nerf was dumb too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
i wear 855 echo/850 darkmoon or swap darkmoon for ember of nullification (str/vers) the sims are not accurate for prot, haste/mastery/vers all have a stat weight within .2 of each other and it shifts dramatically depending on your current haste/vers/mastery. its really hard to parse out what is best.

im 20% haste and i can keep shieldblock up 90% of the time with HR, im keeping the haste trinket.

Are you sure you're not reading the dps weights? My sims put vers and ac far above the other stats.