World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Well, shit. I just got Kakushan's Stormscale Gauntlets from emissary. Guess I'll be a warrior for a while longer now.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm not trying to be a jerk I'm just stating you guys are worrying about stuff that won't apply to you.

It's like getting angry about changes to a farari when you drive a corolla.

If you're talking just about hardcore min-maxing I'd agree. But when you're talking about sweeping changes that effect classes dramatically regardless of min-maxing then that's something else entirely. Classes shouldn't be balanced around a single legendary to be competitive (Unholy DK) to the extent that having a specific item and not having it is 100k+ DPS difference.

That effects you at all levels of play. Warrior not being able to efficiently mitigate heroic Odyn's spear while a Druid of similar gear level can just take it to the face like its no big deal creates another significant gap that would effect even a normal guild. Fuck, our guild being primarily melee for one reason or another effects us and we're just a, "dad guild."

Ergo, our complaints are valid.

Oh and playing Brewmaster in a +11 is like slamming your dick in a door.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If you're talking just about hardcore min-maxing I'd agree. But when you're talking about sweeping changes that effect classes dramatically regardless of min-maxing then that's something else entirely. Classes shouldn't be balanced around a single legendary to be competitive (Unholy DK) to the extent that having a specific item and not having it is 100k+ DPS difference.

So much fucking this. Moonkin are literally "balanced" (haha) around ED and IFE....

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
and this shit is precisely why Blizzard fucking blows. a Legendary should provide a utilitarian thing (self heals for non-healing classes, for example) or change the way abilities work, without being a dps add beyond 5%. Just gets you to use things in different orders/with different interactions.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In the end im glad I can raid with my friends. A few people in the guild I've been playing with for a few years now. Sure I could look for a mythic guild and raid mythic but then I'm leaving people behind; friends. I'd rather not be like a lot of dudes that float through guilds. I wanted to do mythic raiding but I'd say 50% of the core raiders flat out said no so that was that

Im fully aware a_skeleton_02 is trolling like always.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Nice! Still only one here
This is the Farari of prot warrior legendaries, too. Holy shit, I have the potential to be a badass and hang with all the imporant people now, all thanks to RNG granting me something that isn't a Prydaz!

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is the Farari of prot warrior legendaries, too. Holy shit, I have the potential to be a badass and hang with all the imporant people now, all thanks to RNG granting me something that isn't a Prydaz!

Meanwhile I have the double whammy of Prydaz and Sephuz on my Brewmaster when any of the Brewmaster legendaries would change the game for me dramatically. Specifically the chest or the belt though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Prydaz will be a good next patch for tanks. Probably about equal to the non-glove legendaries for prot warriors.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Meanwhile I have the double whammy of Prydaz and Sephuz on my Brewmaster when any of the Brewmaster legendaries would change the game for me dramatically. Specifically the chest or the belt though.
Yep, I have thankfully only been blessed with a Sephuz on the warrior and a Prydaz on the DH so far. Time will tell.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Prydaz will be a good next patch for tanks. Probably about equal to the non-glove legendaries for prot warriors.
I mean my ring is better than Sephuz but it's not amazing. It does bring the shield wall Cd to like 2.5m but I feel others are way better.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the legendary necklace will be better than a lot of players think after the change. With triple stats, it will be descent for general DPS. The shield change will be a large improvement over the current system. Mythic raiders will not use it given other legendaries but a lot of the player base will gain advantage with it. I have the feeling there might be some fights coming where surviving becomes more important than DPS. That is where the necklace shines.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It has its uses but they are very niche. Increasing damage at the lower end of the scale would make it too powerful, probably. Meh, whatever, it's a damage increase either way, even if it's slight.