World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Trial 100? Is that for new accounts or what. I knew you could buy lv 100 level ups. Trial i imagine to keep you'd have to pay the same thing basically?

Don't actually have legion since i started fresh and saved buying it until i know ill keep playing though this thread does a great job of making me think it's better to just stay done and just live off the memories of former progression raiding glory days vs the soul numbing grind.
Despite the grind most people would agree that this is one of the better expansions blizzard has put out.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Despite the grind most people would agree that this is one of the better expansions blizzard has put out.

In terms of story, art, raid encounters themselves, etc. the expansion is absolutely fantastic which makes it all the mor frustrating that it's been completely ruined by RNG, the AP grind, the legoogly grind, lack of meaningful progression in mythic, etc. It makes me sad whenever I think about wanting to try some of the other classes, do their stories, and just fuck around on alts on in general and I get a sense of revulsion in my mind because I'm so burnt out and those alts are nothing but wasted time since they'll take a ridiculous amount of time to become useful and I don't have that time to give.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The thing is, if you're willing to server transfer, you can join a slightly less progressed guild and get more raid time. My guild raids 9 hours per week and got to 7/10 this week. We're not competing for world first, but we get about 1 new boss every week. We've experienced some turnover, but we've had no problem at all with recruiting because people like Koushirou are replacing the people who have stopped raiding/quit the game.

Koushirou Koushirou Unless you really like that guild, I'd look for another one that fits your progression expectations and schedule and will let you actually raid...

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Hey, I got in for an hour of Starbro last night (16% :( )!

But yeah, I love my guildmates and even if I didn't I've never been one who can just hop guilds unless it's dead so some of my frustration is absolutely on me for not being willing to fix it. If I were to end up leaving my guild, it'd be to just straight up quit the game at this point.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
A couple more class changes for 7.2 on Tuesday.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753735213

No enh changes.
sterv.001.gif

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone have a link to the most complete set of patch notes? I don't want to wait until Monday :(

Brikker

Trump's Staff
part of me wants to play again cause I really enjoyed BM hunter this expac...then I quickly remember the RNG gear (worst part), his 3 worthless legendaries (2nd worst), and the AP grind that I would be way the fuck behind on.

Rime

<Donor>
I would argue that the AP grind is being significantly 'lessened' if you are behind right now. After 34 points the new AP scaling is ridiculous. To the point that if you have 54 points right now, on Tuesday you will have 38.75 points (Or is it 39.75?). So long as you have AK25 and are prepared to do the quests to unlock the new ranks of research on Tuesday, you will get to AK26 the same day as everyone else. Which is a boost from 24,900% to like 100,100%. And it only goes up from there.

Rest of your dislikes are 100% legit, though. The Legendary system in this expansion kills so much of my motivation.

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I would argue that the AP grind is being significantly 'lessened' if you are behind right now. After 34 points the new AP scaling is ridiculous. To the point that if you have 54 points right now, on Tuesday you will have 38.75 points (Or is it 39.75?). So long as you have AK25 and are prepared to do the quests to unlock the new ranks of research on Tuesday, you will get to AK26 the same day as everyone else. Which is a boost from 24,900% to like 100,100%. And it only goes up from there.

Rest of your dislikes are 100% legit, though. The Legendary system in this expansion kills so much of my motivation.

Yet to get back to what is the equivalent of 35 points now (52 points so capped except 1/50 concordance) you need 520M. General large tokens (heroics, big WQs, etc.) will be 500K AP now. It's going to be a grind because if you're behind now, your playtime behavior is only going to catch up by AK 38-42ish depending, which is going to be 2-3 months out before you start to 'catch up'.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
They're going to need to add a stat squish for fucking AP before this xpac is over. AK25->26 alone goes from 25,000% to 100,000% and at AK50 it's something lulzy like 4,000,000%. You know the grind isn't going to end in 7.2 either. In 7.3 they'll add new traits or let you put more in existing traits, also possibly more AK ranks. Who's excited about grinding 3.6 billion AP for their next +1% gooder?

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The numbers are retarded but they remind me of one thing and one thing only: Diablo 3. Seriously played that for the first time in awhile and the damage numbers and shit are absurd.

Ended up being a little brave and solo tanking heroic rich and heroic star boy. Both went surprisingly well. I didn't solo guldan, but I did take a whole bunch of 100% scythes and they basically just tickled me. It actually felt like cheating. At 5M HP and 95% stagger it's just stupid easy. I still take mega damage the rest of the fight even at 899 ilvl so not sure how doable solo tanking it is. I'm not sure if it would be easier or harder if I tried, especially since we only killed him once.

Tactician

Ancient
Hey, I got in for an hour of Starbro last night (16% :( )!

But yeah, I love my guildmates and even if I didn't I've never been one who can just hop guilds unless it's dead so some of my frustration is absolutely on me for not being willing to fix it. If I were to end up leaving my guild, it'd be to just straight up quit the game at this point.

To quit the game and play agnarr in the summer $$$

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is that EverQuest? Sounds good if you want to play an 86 year old game with try hard dad's

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users