World of Warcraft: Current Year

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
did you see this motherfucker purposely target iliyena Nite1 Nite1 and kill him?
God damn it! I should've known that was on purpose. That mother fucker will get his, just wait until spell auger :)

CaughtCross CaughtCross you're not supposed to farm this past a certain point because the AP requirements get insane. Apparently this is Blizzard way of making it so you don't have to grind as much.....

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
CaughtCross CaughtCross you're not supposed to farm this past a certain point because the AP requirements get insane. Apparently this is Blizzard way of making it so you don't have to grind as much.....

The super long grind is the worse part of this expansion and Blizzard is making it worse now? These devs are idiots. I liked that the artifact level 54 was obtainable. It felt good knowing I had maxed out my weapon... but now im gonna have to do it forever till 8.0 drops? At least raiding gives a lot of AP now; my bank has a ton of 100k-150k AP tokens ready for this.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Is this shit going to move faster at 45 after patch?

PS. The AP grind.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
The super long grind is the worse part of this expansion and Blizzard is making it worse now? These devs are idiots. I liked that the artifact level 54 was obtainable. It felt good knowing I had maxed out my weapon... but now im gonna have to do it forever till 8.0 drops? At least raiding gives a lot of AP now; my bank has a ton of 100k-150k AP tokens ready for this.

Shit man I don't want to be the one to tell you this but any ap you have Bank won't work towards the new talents

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this shit going to move faster at 45 after patch?

PS. The AP grind.

Yes and No. There is no end to the grind so it will take longer (forever) if you are looking for a hard stop. However, the time investment so quickly becomes insanely out of whack with the power increase earned that the important part of the grind will be shorter.

xzi

Mouthbreather
You may as well get everything to 35 before the patch cause that's the only point you really need to get your weapons to now. Minus the "this isn't meant for grinding but the entire population is going to grind it so we're going to change it in 4 months again" move that blizzard is making, 35 is all you really need.

Rime

<Donor>
You may as well get everything to 35 before the patch cause that's the only point you really need to get your weapons to now. Minus the "this isn't meant for grinding but the entire population is going to grind it so we're going to change it in 4 months again" move that blizzard is making, 35 is all you really need.

Not 100% true. 35 = 1 refunded trait point. 41 = 2 refunded trait points. 46 = 3 refunded trait points. 51 = 4 refunded trait points. 54 = 4.75 refunded trait points.

So if you have 41, you are ahead of those who have 35 and so on. It is really pointless to do world quests/dungeons for AP until you unlock rank 26 Artifact Knowledge, however. AK25=24,900%. AK26=100,100%. You cannot unlock AK26 until you have recruited the new follower and then you have to do the research for it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I wonder if the time difference for going 35 to 54 is even worth how long an equivalent 4 points will cost at ak26

xzi

Mouthbreather
Here is a good 7.2 video about what you might want to do to prep.

This guy has a really great channel. If you can get over his monotone the content is all pretty great.

Also, I apparently haven't been paying enough attention but they're doing a server-wide war effort for building bases? I dig it.

Artifa

N00b
I suggest people use the following resources and maybe your class discords to try to figure out where you're gonna be putting your points in your relic at 7.2. i'm sure most of the class discords will have a consensus before tuesday but if you want to look at it yourself, here's all you need.

The amount of traits you need in 7.1.5 to get artifact traits on 7.2. launch - a reference sheet • r/wow

Artifact Weapon Calculator - World of Warcraft

the reddit thread will show you how many points you'll be able to get to (at 54 current points you'll be able to get 39 traits and be halfway to 40 in 7.2) and the ptr wowhead artifact calc will show you whats available in 7.2 to pick from.

basically if you are at 54 right now the decision will be between ranking up some old 3/3 traits to 4/4 or working towards the new golden trait. in most cases getting all your big throughput traits to 4/4 as well as the new golden trait will take about 46 points or 441 million total AP in the weapon, which will obviously be pretty far off. so the decision between whether to go for old 3/3 -> 4/4 versus new golden trait is a pretty big one that you can't really afford to mess up (since, i've been told, the respec cost hasn't changed on artifact weapons so it costs the same price as your next trait. basically resetting your artifact progression after 36 traits will cost you millions of AP)

For ret paladin at least, one of the talents on the way to our new golden trait, plus our new golden trait are both very powerful. So i'm thinking only spend 1 pt in Wrath of the Ashbringer before working towards the new golden trait. It would probably be a larger immediate dps gain to put all 3 points into Wrath of the Ashbringer, Deliver the Justice and either Divine Storm/Templar's Verdict damage, but then you're delaying a 2000 STR trait and the new golden trait. And those points start to cost a shitload, so not sure you want to delay them other than for WotA.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This guy does have some great videos. Knew a lot was cut from WoD but damn, the devs really messed up on WoD and cut so much.