World of Warcraft: Current Year

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
If basic addons make you lag in WoW, you should take your computer out back and shoot it.
4770k 770gtx forcegt ssd. IT aint the machine, i can tell recount is on looking at most people play. There is this weird microlag when pulling trash that is inherent in recount.

elvis_sl

shitlord
People are already 9/14 HMs... wtf? silly virgin poopsockers lol
10/14 now..

but yeah.. you have the dungeon journal with nearly all the shit in it, then all the stuff was on the PTR anyways, even the hardmodes, and then people ran like five 25 man raid groups to clear the normal content to funnel gear to their hard mode raid group.

i know it is just a tiny minority of people powering through this stuff, but i still miss a bit the excitement of something like naxx 40, when you would check the guilds websites to see if anyone had killed another boss, and then after like a week suddenly there was the first 4 horse mean kill and it just felt so awesome.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They've taken a lot of guesswork out of the wipes though with the dungeon journal. I'm sure you could attribute at least 1/3 of the 50-80 wipes to "wait, what was that that the boss just did?"

They've taken a lot of guesswork out of the wipes though with the dungeon journal. I'm sure you could attribute at least 1/3 of the 50-80 wipes to "wait, what was that that the boss just did?"
Blizzard had answered that question in one of their Q&A and they said that heroic Lei Shen had more attempts than any other boss in WoWs raiding history

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So I logged into my stripped lvl 70 human priest.... Haven't played in many years... Where do I go and how do I get me some gear lol

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
they have a bulliten board outside your capital cities auction house that directs you where to quest next. if you are completely naked i guess you should just quest to get back on your feet. i wouldn't mind bankrolling you but odds are you aren't on whisperwind alliance. it shouldn't take too long to get set back up just pretend you are starting out in everquest lol.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Blizzard had answered that question in one of their Q&A and they said that heroic Lei Shen had more attempts than any other boss in WoWs raiding history
Yea Lei Shen was a bit more like old school WoW to me; even after you knew what he did and how things worked you still had to contour it to fit your raid group. My top raid guild in vanilla had a bunch of really weird strats for bosses because of our makeup (IIRC most guilds were rogue heavy and we were mage heavy - literally had 2 rogues on our first Rag kill and everyone said that was impossible) but they worked like a charm for us. Lei Shen felt this way; you could read strats and watch people do it all day but unless the right people were where they needed to be you were fucked.

I still want to feel like BWL (Sorta). I mean, taking out the fact that BWL had only internal testing and had a bunch of bugs, I had a fucking ball in there. Killing Broodlord for the first time (Who was retarded annoying before they fixed him) and then get DECIMATED by the trash beyond the gate is still one of my top 10 moments. "Guys, Lashlayer down! Woot, onward!" *Entire raid wipes to trash*. "What just happened and why?"

Quaid_sl said:
So I logged into my stripped lvl 70 human priest.... Haven't played in many years... Where do I go and how do I get me some gear lol
I said in the ESO thread that I would love an amalgam of games as an MMO, and from FF what I would love is the "recommended" crap that pops up when you log in based on your level. Yea, the billboards will generally point you in the right direction but I dunno. The recommended stuff not only tells you questing areas, but also things like hunting logs, areas of interest and daily shit to do.

Anyways, you will literally have zero trouble. You could probably hit 70 before you would notice your gear felt a bit weak. (That's a bit of an exaggeration but yea.) Go to wherever the billboard in the main cities tell you to go, and just level.

Your biggest thing is that you will have zero idea how you play. Hell, if I don't keep up with alts I often fucking lose track of shit. I logged onto my mage and warlock the other day and they got changed enough where you are missing buttons and masteries don't work the same (Or are entirely different) and it's making all the muscle memory you had once totally worthless.

It's aggravating having to relearn a class on a patch but for the most part it makes the class better so, take the bad with the good I suppose.

At 70 you'll just want to go straight to Wrath though, which is howling fjord off of the stormwind docks or borean tundra off of the menethil docks. You'll probably hit 80 before you're out of the second zone if you just go straight through, so I'd honestly keep moving after a few levels. Borean Tundra or howling Fjord (Both are meant as starters, so pick one or the other) then Dragonblight, Zul'drak or Sholazar, then Storm peaks and Icecrown.

Once you hit 80 it's smooth sailing; 80 - 81 is a retarded increase in power just because of way the stats increased. Also, once you hit Cata content at 80 (Hyjal) you will get an entire set of gear within the first questlines, and that part is sort of fun because they are huge jumps in power.

Honestly the only thing you need to pay attention to is to make sure you even understand how a priest works these days, and where you should be. If there's one thing I've give WoW it's that they nipped the whole "Oh fuck" from EQ, where if you missed several expansions you were never catching up unless you knew people in high end guilds.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If it has been that long since you subbed you may have a free /80 of any character including gear (if they are still running that promo). I wouldn't personally waste it on a 70 as you can just make a level 1 of any class you want and use it.