World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I see people complaining about the high level character boosts being removed and particularly claiming that Blizzard is taking away something that has always worked.

But as far as I remember, high level character boosts never worked, right?
There was always this rule that if you were more than a certain number of levels below the mob you would get severely reduced xp.

Rime

<Donor>
^Correct. Main reason to do it was for the nice XP bump at the end and to complete those delicious dungeon quests.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The other day I'm in a lower invasion on Argus and who do I see but Khane Khane on a main with two of his level 23 hunters also in the invasion. I don't know if it's the same, but it made me feel dirty.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
In other news, Bellular made a few videos about the class changes on the alpha and this last one on arms warriors is very interesting.
Survival Hunter saw some more radical changes but it feels like a few different ideias just thrown in without much thought where arms seems a lot more put together.

Looking forward for more. I enjoyed the class change patches during the expansion and this is looking like its going to be more of a beefier version of that rather than the massive reworks we got the last time.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The other day I'm in a lower invasion on Argus and who do I see but Khane Khane on a main with two of his level 23 hunters also in the invasion. I don't know if it's the same, but it made me feel dirty.

That method turned out to be not that great anyway. Invasions are sometimes quick and sometimes take forever.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
BFA changes are looking good for tank classes - based on 113 and alpha numbers.

Prot warrior - shield block costs more and doesn't last as long. but IP is a much larger damage absorb overall these 2 things kinda swapped spots where if youre tanking you'll be using IP with intermittent shield blocks instead of vice versa

Vengeance - looking really strong atm, fracture and spirit bomb replace abilities now instead of just adding more buttons (this is great), sigils got trimmed down, currently the highest dps of all tanks. demon spikes also gives a slight damage bump instead of just being AM.

BrM - not much changed, if you like it now, you'll like it in BFA - i hate that the tunic lego isn't baseline and hoping they add that in a future build.

Guardian - not great, they lost one of the best survival ability with their lego and they also lost most of their awesome dps abilities (pawsitive and 3x thrash relics). currently looking pretty lackluster, roar is also a smaller radius and bigger CD.

DK - not in a good spot, a lot of what made them amazing tanks was rolled into their weapon so hopefully they roll some of that back in baseline, currently they are pretty weak

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am really liking the prot/arms changes so far and I love the fact they rolled a bunch of the arms artifact as basenline/talents. Only negative thing right now about arms is it seems pretty rage starved.

Can't wait to see what they'll do with fury, if anything, as all of right now they removed odyn's fury and haven't done much else with it. I hope they'll had in OF back in as maybe a talent or something as it really is a fun cooldown for those big juicy AoE packs.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Demonology looks really good at the moment as well. probably terrible on fights that are going to require movement but the talents look interesting.

WW can get 3x chi torpedos at the moment which is hilarious because then they can FSK so can basically clear all of WSG.

havoc looks fun, and is more than a 3 button spec so thats a success.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I wanna like demonology, I think the concept is great but I can't shake the feeling that in the live version the pets are just low duration dots that you setup and then make them do more damage for a bit.

I wish they lasted longer and you could do more interesting stuff with them, like sacrifice them/blow them up.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In other news, Bellular made a few videos about the class changes on the alpha and this last one on arms warriors is very interesting.
Survival Hunter saw some more radical changes but it feels like a few different ideias just thrown in without much thought where arms seems a lot more put together.

Looking forward for more. I enjoyed the class change patches during the expansion and this is looking like its going to be more of a beefier version of that rather than the massive reworks we got the last time.
He's always Rosy about everything. I don't know if they are right it not but a ton of the comments were treating him apart on the warrior stuff. And is seen him give some pretty bad info for some of the legion class videos.

They had some good points i think about how a lot is basically the same just reshuffled into other things. A lot of the complaint was rage mainly from autos which makes for a very ass pvp time paired with anemic sustain/heal.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
A lot of people I'm guessing, because every time I get a pug group and it transfers me to their world, its pvp-flagged.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
They should just switch all pvp to battle pet pvp. If you use an offensive ability on someone in the wild, it should auto-challenge them to a pet battle duel.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 6 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider

Prot warrior - shield block costs more and doesn't last as long. but IP is a much larger damage absorb overall these 2 things kinda swapped spots where if youre tanking you'll be using IP with intermittent shield blocks instead of vice versa

Vengeance - looking really strong atm, fracture and spirit bomb replace abilities now instead of just adding more buttons (this is great), sigils got trimmed down, currently the highest dps of all tanks. demon spikes also gives a slight damage bump instead of just being AM.

BrM - not much changed, if you like it now, you'll like it in BFA - i hate that the tunic lego isn't baseline and hoping they add that in a future build.

Guardian - not great, they lost one of the best survival ability with their lego and they also lost most of their awesome dps abilities (pawsitive and 3x thrash relics). currently looking pretty lackluster, roar is also a smaller radius and bigger CD.

DK - not in a good spot, a lot of what made them amazing tanks was rolled into their weapon so hopefully they roll some of that back in baseline, currently they are pretty weak
What about paladin tanks?

xzi

Mouthbreather

What about paladin tanks?

prot paladin... SOTR is an aoe
lul

no more flat dmg reduction though, it gives +armor instead. According to sco he's really feeling it in dungeons. I wish I could get in :(

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I finally got my first random legendary essence done (yeah I'm slow like that) and got the affliction warlock ring. YAY mage tower challenge here i come!
This went exactly as planned. Gave it a shot last night and after seven tries I got the most badass warlock artifact appearance ever.
Can't imagine doing the fight without the ring.