World of Warcraft: Current Year

Needless

Toe Sucker
i'm confused, i see a character boost icon but i haven't pre-ordered BFA?
I resubbed yesterday but i dunno what to play anymore :(

Jox

Molten Core Raider
180 pulls on Argus, see phase 3 for the first time. Think that's about 1/4 of the prog to a kill.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Because I'm an asshole I joined a new guild and have been tanking aggramar. I don't know how many pulls on him they have, but I get the idea they had major roster issues and are recovering. 65 pulls in with me and we got 31%. Such an absurd fight

• 1Worf
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
August 14th, middle of family holiday. Will have to make arrangements to bring pc and monitor to denmark with me. Wife might kill me in my sleep.

Or I'll just wait until the week after and avoid the clusterfuck that is an expansion release.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
180 pulls on Argus, see phase 3 for the first time. Think that's about 1/4 of the prog to a kill.
P1 is by far the hardest phase on Argus because the abilities happen in a more or less random order so people have to actually think and not just rely on muscle memory. P3 is 99% (only thing that changes is whether scythes start out spinning or stationary) identical every time.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
More than the Cheap Shot sound?

When you hear the rogue vanish sound you have the intense waiting period, not knowing if you're going to die or not. By the time you hear Cheap Shot you know you're dead and can get up to go to the shitter or to make some coffee/tea while the rouge gets bored corpsecamping and wanders off.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I played mage and tried to stay the fuck away from common areas like STV. I didn't go to STV until I was 60 and geared. Being generally the only one in Feralas and Winterspring was refreshing after getting continuously ganked in Darkshire....

There's a reason why I spent most of my 40's murdering the ever living crap out of the wolves on that Alliance outpost island in Ferelas (or is it Desolace, can't remember). No-one went there, not even other Alli players lol.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I was thinking about WoW earlier today. So this coming expansion is all about bringing the "war" back to Warcraft. Now some have wondered if and when they will end this dual faction stuff seeing as how both factions end up fighting the same raid bosses and whatnot. Well, I don't think they'll ever do that, but it wouldn't surprise me if sometime during the NEXT expansion (that is the one after BfA) they will implement faction swapping of races, as you could in EQ2. That would clear up a whole lot of balance issues if you could have goblins and orcs in the Alliance and vice versa. I hope they implement it with a quest chain, but knowing Blizz they'll just stick it in the shop and charge $20 for it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
All WoW expansions + BfA on sale.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/family/world-of-warcraft

BfA by itself is $49.99 making the rest of the game including Legion only $10 in that deal. If you only need Legion it's $49.99 total.

Probably won't see a better deal than this for a while @Tuco .
Oh good that's what I was waiting for, some way to buy both legion and BfA without getting fucked in the ass since before that I'd have to buy both legion and BfA separately which was retarded with Legion only have a few months left.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Developer Interview - Slootbag
Slootbag had a live interview with lead encounter designer Morgan Day. Here are the highlights:

• While the first row of Azerite options gives one option per spec, some of these options will involve spells shared between specs and so would be an option for both.
  • Azerite armor choices will be able to be respecced, but it is unknown how often.
  • There is a possibility for one-off legendaries in BfA.
  • Islands will be supported and updated post launch to be relevant the entire expansion.
  • Tyrannical and Fortified affixes are being moved to level 2.
  • The team is discussing the possibility of affixes that are "kiss-curse" such as the Rage Zone ability seen in Deadmines where mobs take and deal more damage inside of it.
  • The group finder will be updated so that you can search for Mythic +'s by level.
  • The team is happy with the item level of mythic + rewards in Legion.
  • The team has talked about having "ahead of the curve" achievements and seasons for Mythic + achievements (completing a +15)
  • One of the purposes of Uldir was trying to figure out how to kill an Old God without killing the host in the process.
  • Raids will release on a schedule similar to Legion.
  • Queen Azshara is the "Gul'dan" of Bfa, meaning she will likely be the final boss of the raid after Uldir.
  • Unique Azerite abilities and trinkets are found in raids. This is the incentive to raid when tier is gone. The best gear will still come from Mythic raiding.
  • The team wants to have unique abilities for each class and moments for them to shine in encounters.
  • Raid encounters that require a specific class will only show up in Mythic raids.
  • There will be another faction in BfA that has mini game world quests like the Kirin Tor in Legion.

• There is a possibility for one-off legendaries in BfA.
l3ol6.gif

All kidding aside they have been throwing up these interviews on MMO champ with all the warcraft youtube people/steamers and shit but I honestly haven't seen anything that really gets me excited for this xpac. I already pre-ordered it when they first became available for sale and I know I will play it but it really just seems so mundane. At least with legion there seemed to be a fair bit of hype around the game even if it was just the Demon Hunter Illidan shit but BfA seems like another WoD in a history of who gives a shit xpacs. Queen Azshara and some Old God shit sounds fun but they already stated the old god we are fighting isn't really an old god just a weakened piece of shit old god wannabe that the titans fucked around with.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would guess the first old god we deal with is probably working to release the others I fully expect nzoth by the end of the expansion.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think the wannabe old God is the last boss of the first raid. Much like how not important xavius "skips legs day" was

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, its mentioned in that list and in the dialogue on some of the sites. The Titans were using that facility as a means to experiment on a creature of Old God quality and how to dispose of it without destroying the "host" (aka the Azeroth). Things didn't go well, so now you have a lesser Old God doing naughty things.

• The team wants to have unique abilities for each class and moments for them to shine in encounters.
  • Raid encounters that require a specific class will only show up in Mythic raids.

So...yet again with the "bring the class, not the player" thing they recently admitted.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm excited for BFA because they're extending gameplay mechanics and systems that they learned in Legion and I will naively assume, they will make them even better than they were before. Legion is the first expansion I've played fully through since Wrath and I think that's a good thing. Plus I'm probably the only retard in the world to be excited for warfronts. Although I want WC4 god dammit

& I'm fine with legendaries making a return if they're like old stupid ass legendaries where only 2 people on your server are even going to see them anyways tbh. Make em super rare boss drops again. Or make them like Shadowmourne. Any other system is retarded.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, its mentioned in that list and in the dialogue on some of the sites. The Titans were using that facility as a means to experiment on a creature of Old God quality and how to dispose of it without destroying the "host" (aka the Azeroth). Things didn't go well, so now you have a lesser Old God doing naughty things.

So...yet again with the "bring the class, not the player" thing they recently admitted.
Now that you can't do split raids, this gives mythic raiders a reason to have alts.

Also do you need like 1?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
What they seem to mean is a return to previous legendary model (one legendary, long quest to unlock).
The concept of an expansion-long quest series that delivered the expansion lore was a pretty good idea, imo. Now whether or not that quest should reward a legendary item...

Last edited: