World of Warcraft: Current Year

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm not sure why so many people here loathe WoW PvP so much. Maybe it's just a holdover from how terrible it was when Arenas were first introduced with things like mace stuns and druid 4pc bonus letting them move at mounted speed + powershifting. I did a week or two of Arenas in the last legion season to get my elite set and had a good time. The only thing that stops me from doing it more is pure laziness about trying to find good playing partners with similar play times and having to learn more about each class to actually push gladiator.

Warmode at the launch of BfA was a blast as well. It's a barren wasteland now because nobody cares about the extra 10% from WQs but it created quite a lot of world pvp skirmishing at launch.

I played a lot of PVP in Vanilla and loved the shit out of it. I think my hatred for it eventually came from the focus being on it being pushed into instanced content with its own game systems involved. It no longer felt like I was playing WoW. It felt like I was playing WoW: PVP. Pillar humping and repetitive goal oriented Battlegrounds was just not something I had any interest in.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Any time I hear someone refer to wow PVP as "pillar humping" I just want to say duudeee that is NOT an issue and you will never think of that term again if you spent time learning and becoming better at PVP. A lot of the worries and woes I hear people have about wow PVP is literally not an issue, or non-existent, at decent rating levels.

If pillar humping is bothering you, just know that YOU are the problem. YOU can learn and fix that problem. Claiming pillar humping is a problem is waving a white flag and yelling "I am a total wow PVP newbie!"

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Any time I hear someone refer to wow PVP as "pillar humping" I just want to say duudeee that is NOT an issue and you will never think of that term again if you spent time learning and becoming better at PVP. A lot of the worries and woes I hear people have about wow PVP is literally not an issue, or non-existent, at decent rating levels.

Every single time I tune into an arena stream or watch a video, do you know what they're doing? LOS'ing behind a fucking pillar, or chasing after someone hiding behind one. Every single time.

But I suppose the big-time popular PVP'ers are all doing it wrong.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I played a lot of PVP in Vanilla and loved the shit out of it. I think my hatred for it eventually came from the focus being on it being pushed into instanced content with its own game systems involved. It no longer felt like I was playing WoW. It felt like I was playing WoW: PVP. Pillar humping and repetitive goal oriented Battlegrounds was just not something I had any interest in.

This would be how I would describe it as well. I like PvP when it is a source of player driven content as we interact with each other out in the world. The activity lobby part of WoW doesn't lead anywhere interesting for me.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Any time I hear, blah blah blah douchebag faggotry. Let me tell you bout WoW PvP blah blah uphill in the snow, blah blah

giphy.gif

Ok Doogie Howser, we get it you think PvP is great, but please stop trying to feed us dogshit with a cherry on top and call it ice cream sunday nobody is stupid enough here to take a bite.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Anyone else look at pvp in BFA and actually tempted to play? Rating and skills aside, it's such effortless character progression: Queue from anywhere, only need ~2 friends, no consumables, no r.io score to get declined because your class/spec is wrong and your inventory just fills up with loot. Especially the no consumables is making me a bit jealous, I dread even considering getting consumables for my alts m+ runs.

Arenas also currently, for me anyways, feel like they're in the best place they've been since like MOP. It's a solid progression choice if that's all you want to do.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Every single time I tune into an arena stream or watch a video, do you know what they're doing? LOS'ing behind a fucking pillar, or chasing after someone hiding behind one. Every single time.

But I suppose the big-time popular PVP'ers are all doing it wrong.

Well consider it this way. Go to each one of those people and ask them "hey, is pillar humping an issue negativity impacting your arena gameplay?", I bet most of them would be like "what?". Like that's an issue thay stopped even thinking about long long ago in their PVP journey.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
giphy.gif

Ok Doogie Howser, we get it you think PvP is great, but please stop trying to feed us dogshit with a cherry on top and call it ice cream sunday nobody is stupid enough here to take a bite.

Hmm... I think this post you have crafted is a great example of what type of individuals inhabit this forum. I've attempted to have a somewhat professional discussion regarding PVP since others have mentioned it, and this is the type of way you respond? Excellent look for our moderators on this forum, you go and make em all proud buddy! Hey keep doing you buddy cheers

I'm envisioning the type of "adult" that says words like "douchebag faggotry", and saves jack off memes for future social use...can you see how I might become anti social? Can you see how I might not put too much care in to my interactions with these types of people?

Do you still giggle at fart jokes?

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Well consider it this way. Go to each one of those people and ask them "hey, is pillar humping an issue negativity impacting your arena gameplay?", I bet most of them would be like "what?". Like that's an issue thay stopped even thinking about long long ago in their PVP journey.

You're completely missing the point. It's an issue negatively impacting my desire to do arena at all. The desire of which was the entire topic of the reply you chose to reply to. That people that have adopted a habit of a type of gameplay don't find issue with a core mechanic of it is completely irrelevant to me wanting to put effort towards it. I'm sure winter olympic athletes don't find issue in the freezing cold aspect of the sport either, but that doesn't mean I want to go freeze my nuts off to learn the luge because I also happen to enjoy casual tobogganing on a sunny winter day.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
somewhat professional

latest

Also,

I think this post you have crafted is a great example of what type of individuals inhabit this forum.

Glad to see you're putting that advanced schooling to some good use, detective. I'm truly curious as to what type of individuals you thought most of us were prior to this discussion.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
You're completely missing the point. It's an issue negatively impacting my desire to do arena at all. The desire of which was the entire topic of the reply you chose to reply to. That people that have adopted a habit of a type of gameplay don't find issue with a core mechanic of it is completely irrelevant to me wanting to put effort towards it. I'm sure winter olympic athletes don't find issue in the freezing cold aspect of the sport either, but that doesn't mean I want to go freeze my nuts off to learn the luge because I also happen to enjoy casual tobogganing on a sunny winter day.

You're completely missing the point that pillar humping is not an issue in PVP. One day you may understand what I'm saying. Right now you lack the ability to understand it.

• 1Salty

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
latest

Also,

Glad to see you're putting that advanced schooling to some good use, detective. I'm truly curious as to what type of individuals you thought most of us were prior to this discussion.

I mean, I went in to this thing with the understanding that 99% are flinging witty comments from their parents basement. Still feel the same way.

• 1Salty

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You're completely missing the point that pillar humping is not an issue in PVP. One day you may understand what I'm saying. Right now you lack the ability to understand it.
I gave you like a 10 paragraph post explaining all sides and just how stupid you are being.

You lack the ability to understand anything.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I mean, I went in to this thing with the understanding that 99% are flinging witty comments from their parents basement. Still feel the same way.
And what, pray tell, are you doing? Take away your attempts at wit and your vast, ridiculous superiority complex, and we're left with every single post of yours effectively reading "no u".

Why don't you show yourself out already? Pretty much everyone here has disagreed with you. Some of us have attempted to explain why, but you've brushed it all aside, because I don't think you actually have the ability to see past the end of your own nose. The rhetoric is wearing thin enough that I've resorted to posting memes in your general direction, and that truly doesn't happen very often.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Ok, even if everything I've said is out of line. You've handled yourself as a moderator of this forum amazingly. Great job

• 1Salty

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
I gave you like a 10 paragraph post explaining all sides and just how stupid you are being.

You lack the ability to understand anything.

Your post was terrible, just like your clash Royal skills brother.

Look, what if I said hey I don't like that pve thing, why? That avoid standing in the fire thing is just too much for me. Even the most minimally skilled pve player would said hey you're worrying about the wrong things.

Well worrying about pillar humping in PVP is the same thing from a PVP players perspective

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Your post was terrible, just like your clash Royal skills brother.

Look, what if I said hey I don't like that pve thing, why? That avoid standing in the fire thing is just too much for me. Even the most minimally skilled pve player would said hey you're worrying about the wrong things.

Well worrying about pillar humping in PVP is the same thing from a PVP players perspective
I didn’t say why you should like or not like PvP or PvE. I highlighted your misconceptions of the one compared to the other.

I DID MORE PVP AT LAUNCH THEN YOU PROBABLY HAVE THE ENTIRE LIFE OF THE GAME

Nobody is worried about pillar humping. They brought it up as a reason why they dislike watching it, arena is the most boring thing to watch ever.

Don’t like PvE all you want and nobody will care. This isn’t about what you like or don’t like. It’s about whether or not PvP should affect the gameplay as deep as it does.

I DID MORE PVP AT LAUNCH THEN YOU PROBABLY HAVE THE ENTIRE LIFE OF THE GAME

• 1Like