World of Warcraft: Current Year

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man been only playing again for 2 days and I already hate the daze mechanic again. After years of casualification you'd think this shit would have been removed by now.

Leveling been going well, the double xp buff makes that shit stupid fast. Hit 45 doing northern barrens only lol. Grabbed a bunch of heriloom gear, though this shit was gated behind annoying grinds at first but apparently you can buy most of it with gold, and not crazy amounts either so that's nice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Man been only playing again for 2 days and I already hate the daze mechanic again. After years of casualification you'd think this shit would have been removed by now.

Daze as a mechanic can't help but be anything other than annoying or frustrating. It only ever shows up when you're trying to get somewhere or away from something without fighting. I can't stand it and will always choose to mitigate/ignore it should the expansion let me. It's really a bitch on Classic where something like running a lowbie dwarf to Menethil Harbor can turn in to a complete bloodbath.

There's times too where it feels like a mechanic designed to force me to stand in front of the things I'm fighting rather than utilize movement. You will stand right here. You may auto attack and you may use abilities but if you try running around we're snaring your ass until you learn to stop being dynamic. Playing a Paladin it was nice having buttons that actually clear Daze versus it being something completely impossible to interact with.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Leveling been going well, the double xp buff makes that shit stupid fast. Hit 45 doing northern barrens only lol. Grabbed a bunch of heriloom gear, though this shit was gated behind annoying grinds at first but apparently you can buy most of it with gold, and not crazy amounts either so that's nice.

Play a tank they can't be Dazed. Enjoy the new found freedom as you can ignore a piss ass mechanic.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Naw, that's not it. I think it's the defense stat that lowers your chance to be dazed. I can definitely get dazed as a protection paladin or bear.

That's how it used to work. Tank specs are now completely immune to daze. You definitely cannot get dazed as a protection paladin or bear.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's how it used to work. Tank specs are now completely immune to daze. You definitely cannot get dazed as a protection paladin or bear.

Oh, I get it. I dragged Classic in to the BfA thread and forgot what time periods were being discussed.

• 1Worf

Khane

"We wanted people to be able to choose whatever mount they wanted so we added this cool mount gear option"

*Everyone puts daze prevention on a water strider*

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Buy Saddles and thatll fix that nuisance for the most part. I'd send you some but you arent on our server.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
water strider does not walk on water automatically any more. Water walking comes from the mount gear. If something has some specific built in mount special like the goblin harvester it can't use mount gear. That said all my alts have the daze resistance option turned on because as annoying as water is it does not generally kill you while getting dazed does.

Khane

water strider does not walk on water automatically any more. Water walking comes from the mount gear. If something has some specific built in mount special like the goblin harvester it can't use mount gear. That said all my alts have the daze resistance option turned on because as annoying as water is it does not generally kill you while getting dazed does.

Haha really? Fucking hell...

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haha really? Fucking hell...

I really dont give a shit that the company took a shit on anyone, myself included, that did the Nat Pagle line. They had already introduced other water strider variants a long time ago. So in a way, this change was more of a welcomed addition. The way the implemented it though, took another shit on the people that have water strider, or the harvester for example. Those two types of mounts should have just kept their abililities innately, and been able to equip one of the other pieces of equipment. Hoof Plates, Saddles, Parachutes, any of those three are nice - but personally, I'm not changing out my water walking equipment with any of them.. ever. Even more to the point, using the saddle buff instead of the equipment makes far more sense and that means I'm never dazed and I have water walking. System is dumb, but whatever. I might... use hoof plates at some point, but I just dont think I'll ever care.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Buy Saddles and thatll fix that nuisance for the most part. I'd send you some but you arent on our server.
Oh there's an item to remove it? Man there's so much non obvious shit nowadays. Is there any other obvious qol item I should know about? I think they have mount water floating boots too now for waterwalking? I should probably get this shit. Any slowfall item that's easy to use, I've already died like 5times to fall damage, I forgot how weird the lack of momentum loss is when you walk off a cliff, you just kinda slide the fuck away.

Edit: Found the mount equipment section on wowhead, some nice stuff including a slowfall option although kinda situational since it requires to be mounted first, I'd rather have a potion or something. Also found Sea Mist potions, 1g for slowfall+waterwalking, a steal.

Then again I guess I could switch my spec to tank too, since I play Monk from what I read Brewmaster is nice for leveling too.

I've been playing the DPS spec so far I like it, it's simple but kinda fun. I guess that's the trend with wow after checking retadin, they trimmed a shitton of stuff and leave a very simple rotation but with enough different buttons that it's still fun. In comparison FFXIV rotations are often more rigid and predictible, but there's like 18buttons with 4short cooldowns, 4 long cooldowns, some "only use this when you have x" and then a 5-8 buttons main rotation. And every cooldown is an oGCD so you have to press them asap, creating "burst phases" that I don't think there is in WoW, where you just start mashing keys really quickly all at once, and then don't really press anything for a while.

Last edited:

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really dont give a shit that the company took a shit on anyone, myself included, that did the Nat Pagle line. They had already introduced other water strider variants a long time ago. So in a way, this change was more of a welcomed addition. The way the implemented it though, took another shit on the people that have water strider, or the harvester for example. Those two types of mounts should have just kept their abililities innately, and been able to equip one of the other pieces of equipment. Hoof Plates, Saddles, Parachutes, any of those three are nice - but personally, I'm not changing out my water walking equipment with any of them.. ever. Even more to the point, using the saddle buff instead of the equipment makes far more sense and that means I'm never dazed and I have water walking. System is dumb, but whatever. I might... use hoof plates at some point, but I just dont think I'll ever care.

It seems weird but the whole point was to prevent the one true mount syndrom of everybody feeling like they had to use waterstriders for large chunks of the expansion because not doing so was just doing things wrong. Overall the mount equipment system works reasonably enough for what they want to do.