World of Warcraft: Current Year

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Hrm, literally my first (night?) of Flex I got my Assurance. Guess I lucked out!
Fuck. Who knows then?

askmrrobot.comis a tool used by a lot of players, it supposedly tells you what gear is better regardless of iLVL. It always looked legit enough for me so I used it. Anything out of SoO LFR regardless of ilvl is better than timeless shit.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fuck. Who knows then?

askmrrobot.comis a tool used by a lot of players, it supposedly tells you what gear is better regardless of iLVL. It always looked legit enough for me so I used it. Anything out of SoO LFR regardless of ilvl is better than timeless shit.
I use that pretty frequently. Will even give you "the perfect reforge" and enchanting, so you can get right at hit cap within .01%
And yeah, if you click the slot you can see what upgrades are relative to your current set (and the amount of an upgrade).

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
Finally got my left binding from MC the other day lol. The arcanite ran me about 3500g just to afk in Org like a boss. Outside the 18mth layoff i took a few months after MoP, been hunting it since the end of BC

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Finally got my left binding from MC the other day lol. The arcanite ran me about 3500g just to afk in Org like a boss. Outside the 18mth layoff i took a few months after MoP, been hunting it since the end of BC
The only time I ever log on anymore is to go kill Geddon, I have never had the left binding drop for me personally. Plenty, plenty of Right bindings though! Two Sulfuras' on two separate characters...

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I killed Garrosh the day after hitting 90.
I guess you could say you've seen the content if you cleared it on LFR and technically, you have. I just didnt feel like I had seen what he was really like when I initially beat the content on LFR.

Ill agree that AskMrRobot is actually pretty damn good. Plus, you can adjust your weights if you want to try something other than what AskMrRobot suggests. Though, I am really just psyched that come WoD - you wont even need MrRobot anymore. Hit, Expertise, and Reforging are all getting the Boot! Ohhh happy dayyy!

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
mrrobot get a little unreliable when you have an abundance of hit or exp to get rid of. It wants to try really hard to get you right at cap, but often advises sub-par reforges to do so. I think the thing that really bugs me about it, is that it will always try to fill a blue with a +hit green for DPS to get a gem bonus when it's often better to forego the bonus or put in a +sta green. Yeah I know sta is 99% useless, but excess hit is 100% useless.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
mrrobot get a little unreliable when you have an abundance of hit or exp to get rid of. It wants to try really hard to get you right at cap, but often advises sub-par reforges to do so. I think the thing that really bugs me about it, is that it will always try to fill a blue with a +hit green for DPS to get a gem bonus when it's often better to forego the bonus or put in a +sta green. Yeah I know sta is 99% useless, but excess hit is 100% useless.
Depends on class, I guess? Hit for rogues past 7.5 still brings offhand damage up, so not a complete waste, though it's shit compared to everything else. You can lock in specific gems and specific ratings in mrrobot though.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was doing ToT LFR's last night, and had a tank that had never tanked before. He did pretty well actually. Few extra minutes to explain things, but for the most part was pretty nice.

I sent him a whisper, and told him he was braver than I was. haha. I'm too chicken to go into LFR brand new, and expect any kind of patience to teach me the fights.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Paladin, they are pretty much always overpowered.
(Talking about prot here) Overpowered is subjective. In ToT our dps was retarded to go along with the normal paladin ability to cheese some mechanics. This tier though it's dead last in tank dps. While I can solo soak heroic malkorok and cheese the frost stacks on heroic thokk...I get blown away in dps by our blood dk.

Also haste stacking as a tank is just weird...I won't be sad when that goes away.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wouldn't say I hate it, just dislike it. I don't know if you've tanked at a heroic raid level with a prot paladin and 45-50% haste, but you have to spam buttons so fucking fast it's difficult to move the boss and deal with other mechanics while keeping your HP generators on cooldown and your shield up.

Prot paladin is a rogue with a shield. But I suppose you're right...it does seem like they're moving to the "PUSHALLTHEFUCKINGBUTTONSALLTHETIME" philosophy...which sucks.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Depends on class, I guess? Hit for rogues past 7.5 still brings offhand damage up, so not a complete waste, though it's shit compared to everything else. You can lock in specific gems and specific ratings in mrrobot though.
Ret pally primarily. I just checked it out and the weird thing is that it says my gear is 100% optimized with like 7 more points than it's suggestions. It wants me to completely pull out str gems and put in exp gems instead so that I can drop about 800str to gain 1.5% haste and 2.5% mastery and not be .3% over exp cap. For my DK though, it's suggestions seem spot on.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I wouldn't say I hate it, just dislike it. I don't know if you've tanked at a heroic raid level with a prot paladin and 45-50% haste, but you have to spam buttons so fucking fast it's difficult to move the boss and deal with other mechanics while keeping your HP generators on cooldown and your shield up.

Prot paladin is a rogue with a shield. But I suppose you're right...it does seem like they're moving to the "PUSHALLTHEFUCKINGBUTTONSALLTHETIME" philosophy...which sucks.
Ah, I gotcha. My experience is just a LFR geared ret paladin with a shield on p much. Still feels better than trying to play a prot warrior though =D

Crone

Got a 502 ilvl shield off Tortas(sp?) last night. Brought my ilvl up to 489. Really enjoy watching my HPS go up and up with each new upgrade. Was 30k'ish, and now pushing 40-45k'ish HPS... still a long way to go. I hear I should hit 100k+ with top gear.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Got a 502 ilvl shield off Tortas(sp?) last night. Brought my ilvl up to 489. Really enjoy watching my HPS go up and up with each new upgrade. Was 30k'ish, and now pushing 40-45k'ish HPS... still a long way to go. I hear I should hit 100k+ with top gear.
If you're at full timeless and have a 502 shield, what's pulling down your ilvl? trinkets? weapons?

Crone

If you're at full timeless and have a 502 shield, what's pulling down your ilvl? trinkets? weapons?
463 BP, shoulders, weapon, and 1 trinket. Rest is timeless, and I've used 1 burden on my boots.

I still hang out on Timeless. Was able to get a few rare kills in last night on Huolon, and the Dread ship. Wish I could play more, but no time.

Edit: Oops, and my rings. One is 489, I got from a LFR, and the other isn't very good either but don't remember.

Hyjal - Stinkhorn, is my toon.