World of Warcraft: Current Year

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Whoever decided that's how they wanted to handle the release, with awkward round table discussion to show off diversity, is a moron.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

The whole thing had that canned corporate feel. A bunch of devs talking to each other like they don’t already know the information. They’re just so afraid of live interaction now that they have to resort to this canned show. Even if you go pre-recorded, it’s better to be conversational with the audience- like how Jeff Kaplan did with his OW updates.

The information was good, it just got presented poorly in terms of how it came across.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I kind of feel bad for that dev - the entire segment they just completely came across as they didn’t want to be in that video.
100% they practically demanded to be in the video. Everything about them screams "LOOK AT ME!". So, no, I can't agree with your take.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I kind of feel bad for that dev - the entire segment they just completely came across as they didn’t want to be in that video.
I don't know. When the woman speaks the two males have to nod to everything she says, but Hamlet can keep looking at her boobs. Privilege I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
They’re just so afraid of live interaction now that they have to resort to this canned show. Even if you go pre-recorded, it’s better to be conversational with the audience- like how Jeff Kaplan did with his OW updates.
This is probably the biggest reason why Blizzard fails: it already puts their target audience into a "this is corporate bullshit" mode. Doesn't matter what they say, the players will be wary of everything said.

Blizzard PR should be completely replaced at this point, and is doing more harm than good.

• 4Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Screenshot-2022-04-20-131902.jpg
aD13KxO_700b.jpg

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be honest it really felt good old Blizzard days: bunch of dudes talking to each other sitting at a table.

• 5Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't doubt they have some kind of Void Lord expansion, but I severely doubt it's intended to be an endgame of any kind. At best, it's an endgame the way Legion was an endgame.

There must always be a Lich K... Big Bad.

You're probably right. However, after Void Lords, there's nothing bigger to go to. They might do some kind of sideways progression at that point, like an AA system or content updates that aren't full expansions, IDK. I think it's more likely they start working on a sequel.

Another thing is that after Void Lords, the expansion settings will have lapped. They're doing the same thing EQ has been doing in the last decade or so: Revive the older more popular expansions in the form of pairs of new expansions. EQ gave us Empires of Kunark / Ring of Scale, then Torment of Velious / Claws of Veeshan, and now they're on the first half of their Luclin revivals.

In WoW's case:
WoD and Legion: Revive ideas from Burning Crusade
BFA and Shadowlands: Revive ideas from Wrath
Dragonflight and Elemental Planes: Revive ideas from Cata
Shas and Void Lords: Revive ideas from MoP

And then we've lapped back to WoD.

Part of me wants to fast-forward ten years to see what both EQ and WoW do after they finish this dual-expansion revival concept, if they breach new ground or what. I'm pretty sure they'll both still be chugging along.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Whoever decided that's how they wanted to handle the release, with awkward round table discussion to show off diversity, is a moron.
After the hyper masculine SAVAGE homoerotisism of Warlords of Draenor they had to pivot to this cucked tranny and woman bullshit to balance it out.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You're probably right. However, after Void Lords, there's nothing bigger to go to. They might do some kind of sideways progression at that point, like an AA system or content updates that aren't full expansions, IDK. I think it's more likely they start working on a sequel.

Another thing is that after Void Lords, the expansion settings will have lapped. They're doing the same thing EQ has been doing in the last decade or so: Revive the older more popular expansions in the form of pairs of new expansions. EQ gave us Empires of Kunark / Ring of Scale, then Torment of Velious / Claws of Veeshan, and now they're on the first half of their Luclin revivals.

In WoW's case:

Part of me wants to fast-forward ten years to see what both EQ and WoW do after they finish this dual-expansion revival concept, if they breach new ground or what. I'm pretty sure they'll both still be chugging along.

I wish these faggots had the talent to make world of Starcraft.

df1f7953d82d628a5a9bab98e18f3aa1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

In WoW's case:

One part of that interview with Shelly the meth head nerd and Heroin addict Ion kind of stuck with me. She asked about player housing and his response was that it just wasnt worth a 1000 man hours. I dont give a shit about housing, I really dont. Every time Ive played a game with it, I store a bunch of my shit there like a closet and play the rest of the game. But that gave me, the player, an idea that the budget just wasnt there for anything new and interesting that deviates "too far" outside of the formula.

So yes, they'll probably be repeating the same "idea's" until WoW is finally put on life support in the year 2080ti.

maxresdefault.jpg

I think Microsoft will do something with it eventually, but I hope for God that its not based under the same Blizzard we have now. Bring back Blizzard North or something, idk.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Really wish Blizzard was working on a new mmo. This shit is old and crusty.

Blizzard isn't the same company that created WoW but they still have a ton of knowledge about basic systems that companies like Amazon haven't yet figured out. And if they could keep the amount of blue haired freak devs to a minimum they might be able to recreate the magic. Tall order but it would love to see them try.

I'm actually surprised that the not-drakkin have two genders, rather than some sort of "gender slider" that adequately expresses the beautiful spectrum of gender. This would have actually been an acceptable race to do that with, as dragons aren't particularly known for having genders to begin with.

So basically I'm surprised they had enough restraint to not do that. Or maybe they just aren't creative enough.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think Microsoft will do something with it eventually, but I hope for God that its not based under the same Blizzard we have now. Bring back Blizzard North or something, idk.

As much as we might wish for something good. Microsoft isn't making anything better. Unfortunately, the only way we'll ever see another real innovative MMO that is fun will come from a small new studio before they get bought.

linVMzJLk9Bh.jpeg

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard

Chris

Potato del Grande
One part of that interview with Shelly the meth head nerd and Heroin addict Ion kind of stuck with me. She asked about player housing and his response was that it just wasnt worth a 1000 man hours. I dont give a shit about housing, I really dont. Every time Ive played a game with it, I store a bunch of my shit there like a closet and play the rest of the game. But that gave me, the player, an idea that the budget just wasnt there for anything new and interesting that deviates "too far" outside of the formula.

So yes, they'll probably be repeating the same "idea's" until WoW is finally put on life support in the year 2080ti.

It 's funny that they spent 1000 man hours on garrisons and then abandoned them, can't be that hard to fix them.

Take out the stuff that makes you not need to be in cities and put a big Pandaria garden in there.

Add cosmetic options over time.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer

Raynor would transition into a woman. Into Sylvanis windrunner to be more specific.

(Also they didn't have the talent to stick the landing on sc2. A genre swap would kill t hem)

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
How do I transition into a CDEIO position and how much does it pay? Will tuck cock for stock options and golden shower parachutes when it all comes crumbling down.

As much as we might wish for something good. Microsoft isn't making anything better. Unfortunately, the only way we'll ever see another real innovative MMO that is fun will come from a small new studio before they get bought.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I don't care about player housing either, but 1000 man hours is nothing. It'd make a fair amount of people happy and probably add a lot to the game for those people. If all it takes is a team of 25 people putting in one 40 hour week, then holy shit, just do it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I think everyone wanted a World of Starcraft, but they probably were puzzled on how to make something that wouldnt directly compete with WoW. About a couple years ago, I think they revealed that they had been working on a Battlefield-like game using the SC IP, but it got shuttered.

Honestly if they could make a looter-shooter in the SC universe in the vein of Division/Outriders/etc and make it online, and it was actually good, you could practically print money with that.

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
ion_dragonflight_reallyBad.png

I've had more fun watching people make fun of Dragonflight in the last two days than I've gotten from playing WoW in years.

• 9Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 12 users