World of Warcraft: Current Year

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Will high level battles still give decent xp? Doing one every 10 minutes for 120k xp was nice in mop zones

spronk

FPS noob
noxxic is just simcraft theoreticals and it looks like the sims are wildly off, raidbots is a infinitely better snapshot of what real players are doing. Noxxic's sims seem to be horribly off right now, its not even close to the rankings that raidbots is showing what real raids are doing.

kind of like saying that my excel spreadsheets show that if I wasn't playing MMOs, I would be getting laid every night by hot supermodels, the math checks out!

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Because it doesn't have a realistic dps rank, right? The patch has only been out for 5 days and looking at a 30 day overview makes more sense, your logic is rock solid.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
While the sample size is obviously really small still, I'd be more inclined to believe real data over simulated data. Is Fists of Fury the main DPS cd for WW still?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fists of "I wish every fight was Patchwerk" is indeed still our most efficient damage button... when the fight allows it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Fists of "I wish every fight was Patchwerk" is indeed still our most efficient damage button... when the fight allows it.
Kuro, you just are not being enough of a Prima Donna DPS if you can't convince your entire raid to take shit to the face every 45 seconds for a miniscule dps increase for you.

spronk

FPS noob
It may be obvious to most of you but I didn't really figure it out until late this week - the weekly solo scenario thingie is extremely easy to get into, and one of the highest time/reward ratio things you can do. For every level 90 alt you have, just run around Thunder Island finding one of thehttp://www.wowhead.com/object=218593There are only ~25 spawn points so you can use one of the addons to mark em all on the map and find one usually within 10 minutes. Then proceed directly to the scenario quest guy, run it in 5 minutes, and come out with 200+ gold, some rep with the new factions, a few elder charms usable in 5.0 raids/sha/galleon, possibly some 5.2 LFR loot, and probably some other stuff too. 15-20 minutes of effort yielding some great rewards and don't have to do any dailies, dungeons, kills, etc.

I am extremely shitty at the solo scenario so far and havent gotten more than 2 keys and no great loot yet, but I gotta get better every week!

Needless

Toe Sucker
my first and only run of it yielded 4 keys, 15 charms and like 400+ gold from the extra chests i got to loot at the end
pretty sweet scenario, i found a chest within the first 10 or so mins of landing on the island but at that point it was so laggy, i didnt get any loot from it. I ended up getting my key from Kros

Dom_sl

shitlord
I did the lootgrab scenario today for the first time and thought it was pretty bloody awesome. Not only was it rewarding (few hundred gold, 15 elder charms, 2 keys for the burial thingies) but it was pretty damn fun too. I'd like to see some more scenarios like these.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You can also get BOA Shado-Pan Assault +Faction widgets, which I used to get my Faction to Friendly on my main before we did Jin'rokh, which was nice.

spronk

FPS noob
this is a better measure of where dpsers are currently, first fight in ToT from all the current WoLs on normal 10/25 (heroic opens next week). I would hope for some mage buffs soon, since all 3 mage specs are at the bottom of the charts.
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Jin&#39;rokh_...11100000000000

You can switch the fights, past Tortos not many guilds have gotten there yet - under 60 for 12/12.

I thought it was interesting that arms is performing better than fury.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Morning. I'm read a few threads and I'm not mathy. Regardless of reading the tool tip I'm not understanding the best time to use the new monk Wind Walker ability. Storm, Earth, and Fire. Where you summon the clones. On paper, it looks like you would always want to have 1 out even single target because 60+60 = 120% damage. I've read that isn't the case though and they just autoattack the same target as you. Basically someone please provide me a retards guide to this spell. Thanks!

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=137639

Dom_sl

shitlord
As far as I understand the intent of the spell, it's for 2+ targets only. The clones only mirror your attacks on a target you didn't hit with that attack. The idea is you sick a clone onto the second target, and another on a third if possible. The tooltip is really vague though, so who knows.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's a cleave only. If you attack the target your clone is attacking it will only auto attack. As long as each clone is attacking different mobs they will copy your main attacks and gain the buffs you would have gained while using them ( teb, rsk, ..armor punch)
They have 10% of your hp and do not get 90% aoe dmg reduction so any fight with a fart in the wind will kill it.

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
Oondasta reminds me of Gorenaire from back in the day. I remember this guild Mythic Legion on Druzzil Ro would do her with 200 people and wipe repeatedly, even with bind zerging.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The new Monk Cleave is pretty sweet on Council, letting you sit on Sul to interrupt sand bolts while still cleaving on the possessed target no matter where they are. That, and the cleave doesn't damage you when beating on possessed Kazra'jin, so it's actually safer than single target DPSing him.