World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Why would someone level as heal spec? You unlock all perks at 98 regardless and that's just painful. I always quest as DPS play as heals in group or raid setting.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Well like Qhue said, I'd rather grind dungeons as a healer and get it out of the way. But on the plus side I'm actually enjoying the leveling experience and the questlines this time around so it's not so bad.

Why would someone level as heal spec? You unlock all perks at 98 regardless and that's just painful. I always quest as DPS play as heals in group or raid setting.
Just what I enjoy doing, been doing it for 10 years and probably am going to continue to do so. Heal specs aren't as terrible at grinding as they used to be though so if someone is super adamant on sticking to that then they absolutely can.

Radge_sl

shitlord
What does "unlock all perks at 98" mean? Which perks?
Every 2 levels you get a new class "Perk" for your specialization. Its Blizzard's replacement for not getting any new abilities this expansion. When you first hit lvl 92, a roulette wheel appears and you randomly get a single perk from the list. At level 98, you'll automatically earn any perks you've missed.

The perks are a mixed bag. Some are absolute game-changers. Others are just minor upgrades.

WoWpedia: Draenor Perks

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Well like Qhue said, I'd rather grind dungeons as a healer and get it out of the way. But on the plus side I'm actually enjoying the leveling experience and the questlines this time around so it's not so bad.

Just what I enjoy doing, been doing it for 10 years and probably am going to continue to do so. Heal specs aren't as terrible at grinding as they used to be though so if someone is super adamant on sticking to that then they absolutely can.
I think its funny that in classic the only healer that could level well was paladin, and now its the opposite, pal is probably by far the lowest dps healer with almost no tools to do damage. It does annoy me that they never bother to even try and address that especially when they were giving priests and monks the healer dps hybrid stuff that should have been pallys trademark

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I think its funny that in classic the only healer that could level well was paladin, and now its the opposite, pal is probably by far the lowest dps healer with almost no tools to do damage. It does annoy me that they never bother to even try and address that especially when they were giving priests and monks the healer dps hybrid stuff that should have been pallys trademark
Why does it even matter with dual spec in the game?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I don't know why you'd ever be heal-spec while solo leveling with dual spec available.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Why does it even matter with dual spec in the game?
It really doesn't which is why I only find it mildly annoying instead of rage inducing. It was rage inducing when they nerfed our mediocre holy dps into the ground and then made disc priests great dps and heals tho, but that's gone now.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Alright boys! a lot of fire in these last few pages. Deservedly so with blizzard getting DDOS'ed and not being able to protect themselves from it.

Before the servers took a poop I made it to lvl 92 (level 2 garrison with ench/scribe running work orders, already have my first epic shard for enchanting)

I must say with the herb garden being a level 96 unlock I'm glad I stocked up on inks before the xpack.

I really like this xpack, I love the story, it's easy to follow. The quests don't seem too bear-assy and I'm enjoying the NPC voice overs and cut scenes. **Playing Horde** wondering if the alliance side of things is worth a play through or not.

** really wish WoW had a guesting option to skip queues and play temporarily on a low pop server **

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So we hear about the iron horde for months. Repulse their entire invasion in a few days and all that's left is a few guys holed up in castles or caves to fight for months. Blizz story telling would be so much better if it wasn't just the good guys winning immediately every time.
Yeah that is probably my biggest beef with the WoD storyline: The Iron Horde are transcendently terrible at what they do.

They build up a huge military on Draenor (including a train and lots of steel warships neither of which you can take through your portal) and then invade Azeroth for about 15-20 mins before they get knocked back and beaten up. Their portal gets blown to bits and they proceed to get their asses kicked for the whole progression from 90-100. At best this whole chain of events leads them back to the Burning Legion and taking them up on a modified version of the original offer to turn into some sort of worthy antagonist by the 2nd raid tier.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have been enjoying the questing quite a bit and the garrison is pretty nifty well at least before the servers started to shit themselves as it went into prime time last night. Got my main up to almost 93 and really enjoying the questing so far. I have to say the shadowmoon valley is stupidly good for leveling up skinners there is a few areas where if you are really OCD about skinning you could be there all day.

I bought the wrong pattern with my daily thing yesterday so don't have a good level up skill yet but I got my barn set to "milk" all the clefthoofs I "invited home" yesterday.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fucking... COME BACK UP.

I'm not minding this. It's been pretty good so far. Got my mine, enchater's study, jewel thinger, and moving on from the first zone. I misread the time as being 5am to 7am, so I just started doing some actual work... then realized it's until 9am and almost flipped my table.

akileese_sl

shitlord
I gave up and took the free character migration to a low pop realm. It's smooth as silk here.
I play on Garona which is as low pop as they come for NA and it was anything but last night smooth. Instance not found errors, not actually being able to connect to the servers, all the fun stuff. Hopefully it's a bit better tonight.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife was in a mega panic last night because she was in a 6000 person queue for Zul'jin. Got all pissy when she couldn't get in.

She's only 75 :\ there isn't even really any content for her...

Vitality

HUSTLE
My wife was in a mega panic last night because she was in a 6000 person queue for Zul'jin. Got all pissy when she couldn't get in.

She's only 75 :\ there isn't even really any content for her...
Yeah I was unable to preserve my spot after the servers went down during the DDOS last night around 6pm pst. I got put in a 7900 person queue which was about 3500 people 6hrs later. No big deal though I played some dungeon of the endless and went to bed.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
So is the enchanters study basically mandatory if you yourself aren't an enchanter? I selected Alchemy ( im a herb gather ) and Blacksmith ( miner as well ). Should I just build another building in one of their places? Also, I picked the Barn for my Middle Size building. Seems like most guides say to get that one.