World of Warcraft: Current Year

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So what's the consensus on WoD? Been getting a lot of bad reviews it looks like. Been thinking about coming back but haven't played since Cata.
The leveling 90-100 is much more enjoyable here than in MoP - Highmaul is lame and should have been deleted. BRF is pretty cool and the fights are far better than highmaul. Garrisons are hit and miss, the concept is nice, but i dont like how they neutered all professions, removed farming entirely and placed so much access to everything inside of garrisons.

They removed reforging, i mean that alone is a point off!

I mean WoD is one of the better expacs but you will still run out of stuff to do, and they didnt carry over anything from Timeless Isle really aside from the waves on Myth Bracken. I was kinda hoping for an area of mindless shit to do but that never came to fruition.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The leveling 90-100 is much more enjoyable here than in MoP - Highmaul is lame and should have been deleted. BRF is pretty cool and the fights are far better than highmaul. Garrisons are hit and miss, the concept is nice, but i dont like how they neutered all professions, removed farming entirely and placed so much access to everything inside of garrisons.

They removed reforging, i mean that alone is a point off!

I mean WoD is one of the better expacs but you will still run out of stuff to do, and they didnt carry over anything from Timeless Isle really aside from the waves on Myth Bracken. I was kinda hoping for an area of mindless shit to do but that never came to fruition.
Completely ignored everything from timeless isle, like jumping puzzles, scattered world treasures, dozens of named mobs per area dropping flavor loot, long faction grinds, and grindable raid loot with currency acquired in the world (not in instances). Yeah they completely scrapped timeless isle.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I wish every raid patch had an accompanying zone like molten front, timeless isle, thunder isle etc. I realise that the chains in these zones add a whole lot. Then again we've been starved for max level content for quite some time and there's still no word from Blizzard. I've gotten to the point where I want to play the game more, but can't be arsed raiding on a 4th character for the week so I just log in, stare at my garrison then log out. The reputations really failed this time around, I have zero incentive to do them as all the mounts you get are just recoloured of the other ones you find around Draenor (e.g. stables)

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I don't get why people always want to bring back reforging. Only reason it was in place was because of hit and that's gone now. There has to be a little randomness in drops quality otherwise you would be done too quick gearing up

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Has anyone mathed out if versatility (given enough of it) will ever be a superior secondary? Maybe if they keep increasing unavoidable raid wide damage?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's supposed to come back in 6.2 with Tanaan Jungle.
Well it already sort of is in. With the dwarven war bunker if you run around nagrand with a treasure map you can get enough free purples of high enough ilevel to get you straight into raiding skipping dungeons completly unless you are working on your legendary. That is pretty much what timeless isle was there for to bootstrap people to raiding level gear fast and easy.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Has anyone mathed out if versatility (given enough of it) will ever be a superior secondary? Maybe if they keep increasing unavoidable raid wide damage?
I don't believe it will be for most. If I stack Mastery it just increases my blood shield and if i stack multistrike it just increases my loldps.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't think so. Didn't you aim to hit 540 defense (or 340, I know it was x40) so you wouldn't take crushing blows and that was it?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Lol, 250k dps during tectus p3 on our kill. Go beast cleave go.

I couldn't even hold back trinkets and cooldowns for it because we had some dead dps pugs in p2.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Completely ignored everything from timeless isle, like jumping puzzles, scattered world treasures, dozens of named mobs per area dropping flavor loot, long faction grinds, and grindable raid loot with currency acquired in the world (not in instances). Yeah they completely scrapped timeless isle.
Regardless there is no Timeless Isle type area in the game, at max level you cant go find bind on account gear to funnel to your alts. Crafting is good for raids but also makes gearing up super easy, you can bypass highmaul entirely by crafting. Integrating various sub systems in a widespread manner still doesnt give the same effect at one small island from MoP. Farming for timeless coins while tedious was more fun than doing apex crystals just due to the surroundings and shit going on.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Regardless there is no Timeless Isle type area in the game, at max level you cant go find bind on account gear to funnel to your alts. Crafting is good for raids but also makes gearing up super easy, you can bypass highmaul entirely by crafting. Integrating various sub systems in a widespread manner still doesnt give the same effect at one small island from MoP. Farming for timeless coins while tedious was more fun than doing apex crystals just due to the surroundings and shit going on.
I believe with the 6.1 patch the blue quality mission gear is now Bind on account so between what your alts get from that themselves and what others can give to them from that or the dungeon bag it is pretty stupidly easy to push alts up to raiding level without them having to do any dungeons. Also given how fast bloods are coming in now if you started an alt today by the time they get to 91 they likely will have 3 level 680 pieces ready for them and if one is a weapon have fun with stupidly fast leveling. My shaman was crazy fast leveling with a pair of weapons with two levels of upgrades on them.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I believe with the 6.1 patch the blue quality mission gear is now Bind on account so between what your alts get from that themselves and what others can give to them from that or the dungeon bag it is pretty stupidly easy to push alts up to raiding level without them having to do any dungeons. Also given how fast bloods are coming in now if you started an alt today by the time they get to 91 they likely will have 3 level 680 pieces ready for them and if one is a weapon have fun with stupidly fast leveling. My shaman was crazy fast leveling with a pair of weapons with two levels of upgrades on them.
Oh i dont really do alts, too time consuming - but yeah bloods are mad easy nowadays - i just sell powerful upgrades for gold since i dont gear the 1 alt i lvled to make me more bloods.