World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Jamba was pretty much required for dualboxing when I did it, but that was years ago. Dunno if it's still the best/good/updated
Still updated and seems to have everything I'd want. Thanks!

Question. I just got one of the heirloom ring missions on 2 of my characters. Problem is it's the same one on both, does Blizzard do anything cool with that like change it to a different ring mission if you already completed it on one of the characters or am I SoL?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Question. I just got one of the heirloom ring missions on 2 of my characters. Problem is it's the same one on both, does Blizzard do anything cool with that like change it to a different ring mission if you already completed it on one of the characters or am I SoL?
Nope. You'll get a different ring next time, but any mission that has spawned remains as it is. It only checks what rings you have when it spawns.

(saw this with the Black Market contract; I got a second contract to pop on one of my chars before I could complete the quest, and the mission remained even after I got the agent in my garrison, until it expired on its own)

Khane

Damn.

In other news I got killed when I had 38 speckled tastyfish way ahead of the curve. And still came in first. Got the dread pirate ring baby!

Khane

Anyone have any tips/secrets/shortcuts to farming tol'vir fragments for canopic jars with archaeology? Trying to get the recipe for Vial of the Sands and I'm just digging in draenor and turning in the boxes for tol'vir fragments. Was wondering if there was a better way.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Unless you really want the recipe on your character, you could probably find someone that already has it and toss them a tip (first place to look is in the guild's profession window to see if anyone in your guild has the recipe). The recipe a very low drop chance from an uncommon archaeology item.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
And nothing can really touch you while you dig.
Also, if you have the rep with the Klaxxi, you can purchase an item that makes every dig site in Pandaria spawn as Klaxxi for 24h (which includes a reroll all sites once), which means they'll all be popping over two zones close to each other. If you really want to grind crates, that's the way to do it.

Khane

Unless you really want the recipe on your character, you could probably find someone that already has it and toss them a tip (first place to look is in the guild's profession window to see if anyone in your guild has the recipe). The recipe a very low drop chance from an uncommon archaeology item.
I want the recipe, but I don't think it's a very low chance drop, you just need alchemy to get it so data sites like wowhead have it listed as 2% because lots of people without alchemy open canopic jars and can't actually get the recipe, skewing the numbers.

Khane

Also, if you have the rep with the Klaxxi, you can purchase an item that makes every dig site in Pandaria spawn as Klaxxi for 24h (which includes a reroll all sites once), which means they'll all be popping over two zones close to each other. If you really want to grind crates, that's the way to do it.
Wish I did, thanks for the tip.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Quick rant here: I have to say, the most god awful instance Blizzard has ever made has got to be the Everbloom! It's even worse than Oculus! Why? It's not because of bad encounter design, or infuriating mechanics, or anything like that. No, it's the physical design of the instance itself. Whoever designed it needs to be dragged out into the streets and shot. I don't think I've ever run the instance without some shit hitting the fan at least once, usually resulting in at least some deaths if not a wipe. It's always the same. After the first boss one of two thingsalwayshappens. Either the whole group starts running behind that building and spends 5+ minutes jumping around trying to get to a shortcut (regardless that in the current overgeared stated just killing the mobs and going the regular way would take way less time). Or, half the group tries this while the other half goes the regular way, agros mobs and the shit hits the fan.

It's got to the point now where if I see this happening I just quit the group, which seems to happen 99% of the time.

God damn it!
mad.png

/rant off

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't even think I've ever died in Everbloom once. I just go my own way and if people don't follow me I guess they can die.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Jumping behind that building isn't even the right way to go. You can skip way more mobs at another spot. Do the whole dungeon in like 5 pulls.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
My point is, if people actually did the instance correctly it wouldn't be an issue, but it seems every PUG I run into in this instance want's to waste time (and gold on repair bills) trying to do it the "short" way. Makes me sometimes wish I was in a guild where I wasn't the only guy online. Maybe I should shop around for another casual guild with people who are actually online and can run instances with.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I understand the point. Just know that if you have people that know what they're doing, those two skips do actually speed up the run a considerable amount. I think if you're looking to be tactical in any 5 man situation, the very end of an expansion cycle like right now is going to be the worst time for that.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
My point is, if people actually did the instance correctly it wouldn't be an issue, but it seems every PUG I run into in this instance want's to waste time (and gold on repair bills) trying to do it the "short" way. Makes me sometimes wish I was in a guild where I wasn't the only guy online. Maybe I should shop around for another casual guild with people who are actually online and can run instances with.
Just join your servers resident 10000+ member guild that advertisers 24 hours a day in trade chat.