World of Warcraft: Current Year

Itzena_sl

shitlord
DK tanking is you soloing plus some walking dots following you around and occasionally helping.

Lorenerdery stuff: someone else linked to the pre-release Warcraft Chronicles thread on the lore subreddit -reddit.com: over 18?

Sargaras has made an Eye of Terror.
biggrin.png

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So basically:

- The Old Gods are trying to corrupt and destroy Azeroth to make an incarnate Void Lord
- Sargeras wants to destroy Azeroth to avoid the above
- And if we defeat both of the above and let the Last Titan be born, well, Azeroth dies.

Good set of choices here
smile.png

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The Old Gods are actually the misunderstood heroes, warped by their "worshipers" that hold them prisoner.

(I've been reading Sanderson)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So basically:

- The Old Gods are trying to corrupt and destroy Azeroth to make an incarnate Void Lord
- And if we defeat both of the above and let the Last Titan be born, well, Azeroth dies.

Good set of choices here
smile.png
Obvious set up for WORLDS OF WARCRAFT: IN SPAAAAAAAAACE, the sequel MMO.

Blizzard will buy the EQ IP, just so you can travel to Luclin and do a poop collection quest in Vex Thal.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
So basically:

Good set of choices here
smile.png
WoW 2: Journey to the Stars. We got the ships, we got the portals, let's roll.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Looks like you two are on the same page.

I just noticed that Blizzard put a Time Lost Proto Drake corpse in Draenor Nagrand. Guess that is still highly contested even ~6 years later?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Even more highly contested, thanks to Cross Realm Zones being worse than cancer-aids.

Rime

<Donor>
Looks like you two are on the same page.

I just noticed that Blizzard put a Time Lost Proto Drake corpse in Draenor Nagrand. Guess that is still highly contested even ~6 years later?
Negative. It is always dead. It is an Easter-Egg/Joke. It does not spawn in Nagrand, the corpse is always there in the time-warped area where Garrosh busted through into Draenor.

Khane

Negative. It is always dead. It is an Easter-Egg/Joke. It does not spawn in Nagrand, the corpse is always there in the time-warped area where Garrosh busted through into Draenor.
Yea, that's why I said I noticed that Blizzard put a TLPD corpse in Draenor Nagrand... I was saying they must have put it there as an easter egg because it's still highly contested in Storm Peaks.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You can cheese CRZ to your benefit for the TLPD (I have both TLPD and the Cat drake thanks to this). I don't necessarily want to post it as I'm not sure how common knowledge it is, but I'd be happy to PM any interested parties. The process is fairly involved so unless you're willing to spend an hour or two on the set up, don't ask.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Sadly, it seems the CRZ exploit has been fixed as of 6.0.2. The really short explanation is you used peerblock and a noodle cart to farm on pretty much any server you wanted.

The longer explanation is you used peerblock to prevent your character from leaving the realm its currently on. Because cross realm zones are hosted on any server within a battlegroup you could feasibly have 6 or 7 different servers to check without using cross-realm grouping (which would theoretically let you check all servers). First you'd scout out Storm Peaks by taking the flight path to Ulduar from any zone in northrend that wasn't also hosting Stork Peaks. (For example, Crystalsong could be hosted on Sargeras, Storm Peaks on Area 52, Icecrown on BDF, etc). You wouldn't actually change servers until you land so this was a good way figure out if Vyragosa or the TLPD was up on a given server.

When you finally found TLPD up on a server you'd figure out the IP of the server hosting Storm Peaks was and block that. Now you're no longer a going to be moved cross realm. You'd get spammed with "Instance transfer failed" or something like that, and the zone would be completely empty of anything spawned server-side (NPCs, fishing pools, etc). I'm not sure the actual reason, but for ease of explanation, let's say that everything was in a different phase from you.

The trick was when you used a noodle cart you were put in the same phase as all the NPCs so you could actually see them. You had about 1.5 seconds or something to tag whatever it was you wanted to kill and then you had to finish it off with indirect damage (blizzard, consecrate, DND, etc) because you could no longer see it or target it once you were fully out of the noodle cart. There's only a few spots where you could reach TLPD from the ground, and even then it was max range for most classes (I could barely reach with judgment). You'd have to drop another noodle cart to loot it after you killed it (and hope you didn't accidentally kill it and it slipped halfway down a mountain or someplace you couldn't reach from the noodle cart).

Aeonaxx was a bit more technically difficult and required a bit of luck. Same principle (block the CRZ hosted realm's IP) but because Deepholm is its own instance and not connected to anything you had to get creative when you zoned into it. Somehow someone figured out if you let the loading bar get to ~80% when leaving a battleground and THEN turned on peerblock you would be zoned into your realm's instance of Deepholm. The downside to this is you could only check YOUR realm so if your realm was the host of the CRZ Deepholm you were fucked. It was very tricky to time it just right, but I was able to do it twice (once for me, once for a friend) out of probably 10 or so tries.

Anyway, TLPD is supposedly fixed. Aeonaxx may not be since it doesn't require noodle carts and the noodle carts phasing you and allowing you to see local NPCs is what was fixed.

Khane

Just hit 100 with my rogue, gonna try that stealth Ashran chest farming method and see how it works out.

Khane

I just realized the stupid new object outline was an option I could disable. Disabled it and holy shit the old sparkle effect is back and makes everything about 1000% easier to see.

Khane

Can you RAF an account that exists but hasn't been activated since Wrath?