World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
On a side note, my mind is blown every time I return to WoW and they still don't have a shared bank. It was so bad that I was convinced my account was broken because nothing was sharing. Heh.

I had hoped the void storage would be moved to a "shared bank" now that the transmog stuff was out, but I got nothing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hmm. I think I'd like to play with y'all this expansion. What server is the gang on?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sort of, same server clusters can cross-guild. But I let anyone cross-realm join my raids (Noodleface#1412, just add me)

We have a stickied thread in this forum

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You're already added on my B.Net list somewhere.

I'll probably be rolling Healing Monk or tank of some kind. Just not sure which just yet.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've had no issues soloing any of the mobs while playing prot as you can just keep stacking up your IP and it lasts long enough when moving from mob to mob. The damage is good and I feel like I can just take on more mobs at a time and not feel overwhelmed versus playing either fury/arms.

Just from world questing alone, I was able to sustain a 4+ mil stack of IP and if I needed to heal, I'd use my Victory Rush or if you take the talent for leveling Impending Victory and it would top me off.

Warriors work fine soloing. Basically you trade off some kill speed for greatly increased durability and ability to take multiple mobs at the same time. The only specs that had soloing issues was really healers resto healers did dick all damage but it seems to have been bolstered across the board for healers. The affinity system really helped resto druids giving them two solid DPS options.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I've had no issues soloing any of the mobs while playing prot as you can just keep stacking up your IP and it lasts long enough when moving from mob to mob. The damage is good and I feel like I can just take on more mobs at a time and not feel overwhelmed versus playing either fury/arms.

Just from world questing alone, I was able to sustain a 4+ mil stack of IP and if I needed to heal, I'd use my Victory Rush or if you take the talent for leveling Impending Victory and it would top me off.

If you're starting right at release play whichever spec is best at tagging multiple mobs with.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
Talking about just Legion. Im already 100

Yeah, fwiw I just finished leveling my warrior last night to 100 - at 90 I was Arms, but had switched to Prot by 94 or so even for questing just because the advantage in durability way outweighed the slightly slower kill time. I did 98-100 after pre-patch and it felt quite different but still totally fine. Of course none of that has any bearing on how things will scale into Legion questing really, but I see no reason to think it won't be totally viable if not outright preferable to levelling as arms or fury.

Varrus

Trakanon Raider
has some of this cross-realming stuff been taking a dump lately? There was an addon once that people used, that broken?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Disc priest is an absolutely beast for soloing. Its not much slower than shadow and you can take down massively huge mobs, elites or just large amounts, without a scratch.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Instant dungeon queues will also be nice as a tank.
Depends on the level... at the early 60s there is a shitload of terrible DK tanks so the tank queue can get bloated (not to the level of DPS, but worse than it would normally be).

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Does the dungeon queue try to queue melee dps and ranged dps differently or does it simply not care and you could end up with 3 melee or 3 ranged at any moment?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Depends on the level... at the early 60s there is a shitload of terrible DK tanks so the tank queue can get bloated (not to the level of DPS, but worse than it would normally be).
That must be why the tank queue was taking so long. I was surprised that it was taking 5-7 minutes per dungeon.