World of Warcraft: Current Year

Artifa

N00b
It's just really sad that dude Watcher got his dream job of working on wow and seems like every instance of him interacting with the community sounds like he hates the players. Talk about an about face from the guy that used to be guild leader of EJ now looking down on people for grinding/playing hardcore or even just being a completionist. We all understand that grinding out something that's supposed to take months in 1 week isnt what they want, but they've had years to figure out their playerbase. They should know by now that crossing the players repeatedly has the same effect as no content which has the same effect as too much grinding and that effect is people unsub, etc.

I would assume so, but is it true that once you apply a bnet token to your account there's no pausing that time? Maybe they see tons of people with months/years of active time and know they can't unsub.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I just got Aggramar's Stride.

Fucking fuck fuck. Seriously, I STILL don't have a single actual Fury spec legendary. Healing bracers, Sephuz, Kil'jaeden's, Ayala's, Timeless Strategem and now Aggramar's. Hell, the only spec-specific legendary I have is the warrior gloves.

With 6 multi-spec legendaries I'm pretty much throwing my hands in the air at this point.

Last edited:

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, my hunter got lucky his 4th legendary was Kiljaedan dps trinket. But that makes his 4th generic and no MM spec ones yet lol.

On another note, 2 paragon chest turn-ins (Nightfallen and Wardens)...700ish gold and order resources. 1 Curious coin. Sadness...no flying carpet or Warden illusion.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm

I know how you feel as I was using Aggramar's and Mannoroth's for quite a long time as they were my first 2 legendaries I got as Fury.

Those 2 are best the non-spec specific Fury legendary combo you can use until you get either the helm or cloak, per the new 7.2 Fury Legendary rankings.

I, luckily, just got the helm last Sunday during an EoA M+ spam and it really was a big DPS increase, just hang in there. Also, KJs is not bad for progression fights that need adds to die like Mythic Spellblade or in M+.

xzi

Mouthbreather
A couple more bugs for you guys. Be careful when leveling your order hall champions to ilvl 900 because once you do apparently a ton of missions just stop showing up leaving you with jack and shit to choose from. Fun times.

Also I expect it's going to already be fixed before next time the mage tower pops up but it seems Mammoth Milk works during the challenges adding a bunch of healing. Also most if not all of the broken shore buffs can be used in the challenge shit.

Buff Name
Ancient Fortitude - Reduces damage taken by 25% for 1 hour.
Ancient Wisdom - Increases base stats by 20% for 1 hour.
Ancient Power - Increases damage dealt by 15% for 1 hour.
Ancient Winds - Increases critical strike, haste, and mastery by 5,000 for 1 hour.

All of which would make that shit a bunch easier. I kind of wish I had bothered to look into it more then I might have bothered with them.

This is the first thing I tried, none of them work in the challenges. Not sure about the milk though.

Zhro

The milk works, but use it after you zone into your challenge. Otherwise, if you use it before it will fall off when zoning.

There's also the Slyvan Elixir which gives you +10% all stats that you can use as well. But like the milk, use it after you zone into your challenge. I also used the food recipe you get from Revered Wardens rep and gives you haste and movement speed buff when you kill a mob. So for the fury warrior one, you'll can have the buff up for quite some time with all the adds that spawn.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The milk works, but use it after you zone into your challenge. Otherwise, if you use it before it will fall off when zoning.

There's also the Slyvan Elixir which gives you +10% all stats that you can use as well. But like the milk, use it after you zone into your challenge. I also used the food recipe you get from Revered Wardens rep and gives you haste and movement speed buff when you kill a mob. So for the fury warrior one, you'll can have the buff up for quite some time with all the adds that spawn.

You can't use the falcosaur food recipe in the Frost DK scenario. I tried eating it after zoning in and it gave me the error message that I'm not in the right zone for that.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if it does work in some of the instances since they are different depending on class/spec

Zhro

I forgot the name, but this was what I was talking about: Spiced Wildfowl Omelet.

Zhro

Oh okay, my bad.

Yeah I am guessing wherever the scenario location for the Fury warrior one is, it's allowing it to work. It will probably be changed though along with the milk, elixir, etc.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh no oh no

I meant the part where they told us there was bad luck protection so that if you didn't have a legendary, your chance would keep going up. Instead their code was broken and it instead offered that protection ONLY to people that already had a legendary. Some dudes were getting 4+ while others had 0 for awhile. They admitted as much

Yup the lucky SOB who got legendaries early tended to get a bunch of them due to that until it got fixed. So you had the have a lots and the have nones without much in between for a good while. My druid still only has one druid specific legendary and only three total and I have been playing every day since launch.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The invasions aren't irrelevant yet. The rewards still net you useful stuff for the broken shores, but it doesn't feel like you get fucked by RNG for flying.

On a side note, yesterday I donated 100 supplies for the building and get the brewmaster hat which makes zen meditation have a 2.5min CD and doesnt get canceled by movement or melee hits, so basically I can take 40% dmg for 8 seconds on a 2.5m cd now. Nice ;)

Finishing the invasion gives a pretty good chunk of rep which you still need to get revered in to unlock flight. I am just super curious why they are not doing invasions like they did in the wind up to legion seems really weird.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Finishing the invasion gives a pretty good chunk of rep which you still need to get revered in to unlock flight. I am just super curious why they are not doing invasions like they did in the wind up to legion seems really weird.

Probably for the same reason they do everything.... to artificially gate player progression.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Hmm, i only remember getting rep from the very first invasion, the 2nd one did not give any rep - did the 3rd give rep?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hmm, i only remember getting rep from the very first invasion, the 2nd one did not give any rep - did the 3rd give rep?

The invasion itself does not give any rep. The quest to finish your first invasion does, which you only get once obviously.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ya, the invasions only give rep for the zone you are in. Not 100% useless since you now get a cache for every 10k rep you get for a faction, but kinda sucks you can't boost rep for broken shores.

I was happy as heck when I had a follower mission pop and the reward was 2 broken shore rep tokens ;p

xzi

Mouthbreather
Best bet is to collect caches and get your darkmoon buff before turning in supplies.

What is the incentive for doing invasions then, assuming you are a raider that doesn't need gear?

There's a couple cool transmogs out of it. There's a giganto-fuck shield shield as well as a 1h that I actually want