World of Warcraft: Current Year

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Has anybody tried the threads of fate leveling route for alts at all? im curious how much slower it is not having all the main campaign quests
You can still do the quest there just no longer required like they are on your first run through

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Gonna start my dk alt today through threads of fate. It’s a bit slower than just mainlining the story

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Seeing people enjoying wow does make it tempting to buy Shadowlands, but the single player leveling experience and the first treks through new dungeons are always fun. It’s the slam your dick in a car door dead end that comes after that kills it.
This. Really hard to fuck that up. Hows the mechanics play out in mythic+ and raiding?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Seeing people enjoying wow does make it tempting to buy Shadowlands, but the single player leveling experience and the first treks through new dungeons are always fun. It’s the slam your dick in a car door dead end that comes after that kills it.

This first month is probably the highlight of playing for most, but I am still going to wait and see what the reactions are after the new car smell goes away. I hope it turns out to be rewarding a fun enough that everyone says to buy it.

I am holding strong in my decision to not give Blizzard any more of my money (even though I have $99 in blizz bucks currently).

Like you said the beginning of an expansion is always great. But after about a week, maybe 2, I hit the wall where I can no longer do what I want, and have to wait for resets to make any progress. And I HATE playing games that way. Blizzard can fuck off with their mobile style chore simulator.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems as though a lot of people did hold off. Some have even logged into the game without the expansion pack and talked in guild chat a bit, but logged off shortly after for obvious reasons.

A solid group of us hit 60 yesterday and we've been running around doing the end game. Guess we can only give updates at a later date, but so far.. I'm enjoying it and Paladin tanking has been fun with Bastion.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

This first month is probably the highlight of playing for most, but I am still going to wait and see what the reactions are after the new car smell goes away. I hope it turns out to be rewarding a fun enough that everyone says to buy it.

I remember even WoD's launch was a blast (keep in mind, I didn't have the insane queue times). The initial rush & thrill of taking a day or two off and playing all night is some collective fun. Dungeons are fresh etc.

I'm stuck between "love the initial rush so I sorta wanna play and rush to 60 for a week then come back a few weeks later" & "I'll hold off for a month and see how it goes".

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seeing my friends list full of people actually playing WoW again in over a year is awesome and makes me really want to play. But I know in 2 weeks they will all quit, just like they did with classic.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This expansion makes me feel like I'm playing some anime mmo like SAO.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
This expansion makes me feel like I'm playing some anime mmo like SAO.

In Maldraxxus I started thinking I was playing a VN with some 3-quests hub in the middle. But hold out, the last of the 4 story zones is really great. Sure art and music are topnotch as always but somehow they never suprise or amaze you anymore ( or is it just me?).

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

Praise for this expansion is the usual from the same old mayflies that buzz in to every MMO release, then never stay around past their first month's subscription. Take it with a grain of salt.

Thankfully, I'm here to inform you of Wokelands' great campaign, where you get to witness scenario after scenario of powerful women saving the day while men are bumbling idiots that need to be rescued, or *gasp* massive traitors. Don't forget the ones that are faggots, too. And of course nearly every bad guy who is voiced by the same dude that does Nathanos, but with just a slightly different pitch.

The art department did a badass job, though.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i definitely agree with the voice work being super recycled this expac. i swear matt mercer and yuri lowenthal are half the voices. don't get me wrong they are great at their job but the variety in actors is felt. possibly due to covid stuff? get a limited amount of actors in the studio and just crank out a ton of lines instead of getting a bunch of actors to do only a few.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Praise for this expansion is the usual from the same old mayflies that buzz in to every MMO release, then never stay around past their first month's subscription. Take it with a grain of salt.

Thankfully, I'm here to inform you of Wokelands' great campaign, where you get to witness scenario after scenario of powerful women saving the day while men are bumbling idiots that need to be rescued, or *gasp* massive traitors. Don't forget the ones that are faggots, too. And of course nearly every bad guy who is voiced by the same dude that does Nathanos, but with just a slightly different pitch.

The art department did a badass job, though.
Yea, I've noticed the same thing, starting in BFA... its like WoW = World of Womyn. Even the loading screen for SL is presented as such (women on one side, mean on the other (with the men being the bad guys or a weakling)).

Hit 60 by Ch6 of Ardenweald, and now the zone feels likes things are just dragging on and on and on. Though, this most likely due to doing every single quest via a guide. Would like to know how different the Thread of Fate leveling is for alts.

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not even 60 and Ardenweald is still dragging on and on. The previous two zones were excellent though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
we killed the mount mob in plague earlier the evel 61 Violet Mistake deep red con with us 3 being 55. I spawned it solo and put together a group.

didn't drop a mount but we had fun. expansion is alright so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
One thing I'm impressed with is the combat pace.

The kill pace is high this expac. The devs listened to BFA feedback over TWO YEARS ago and implemented it when they could have easily said too bad, or simply forgot. This is a dramatic shift in combat pace from BFA questing.

Everything is "overtuned", or rather the mobs were made to be incredibly weak. This feels how BFA should have been, instead of every quest mob like pulling teeth.

between combat pace, GCD changes, and Legion era revivals of combat progression systems on steroids, I think this could be one of the good expacs.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anemic combat and anemic progression were major complaints of BFA, and Shadowlands addressed that.

The quicksand combat feeling is completely absent.

Needless

Toe Sucker
You can still do the quest there just no longer required like they are on your first run through

It says they're all auto completed, so is it not just the side quests you can do?

also has anybody fought The Grand Malleare in torgast? what the fuck that fights actually retarded