World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Torghast also has a bunch of these mobs. For people who aren't super geared, a bunch of those spellcasters really hurt, and the bosses, oof.

What they need to do is make it clearer which mobs can be interrupted by stuns. A lot of people don't even try to stun trash mobs because half of them are randomly immune to stun and half aren't and there's no clear designator of which mobs are stunnable or not.

Loyal Beasts is not kickable, but is interruptible by stuns, and this is not clearly communicated to the player for such an important trash mechanic for that dungeon.

The same goes for other spells that can be used as interrupts on some mobs but not on others. Disorients, etc.
I go out of my way sometimes to ignore other shit just so I can make sure I stun that bitch each time cause Im afraid if I dont, then no one will.

But you did bring up a rocket star point - I dont know what the fk I can stun and what I cant half the time. At least interrupts show as a different color, blue if you have the base UI. But if they made either another ranking for NPC's thats between normal and elite (which isnt very likely), or just simply turn those spells/abilities into a color like orange or something similar in the base UI it would be insurmountably better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Baek

Golden Knight of the Realm
Good point, a lot of it just comes down to memorizing mob names/types I guess. Big mobs like 'captain' or 'berzerker' are usually immune to stun, but then randomly now 'necrolord' or medium size models are immune to stuns.

Daidraco

Im not sure why I like T&E, but this is pretty popular right now between lore nerds.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I am staying engaged by doing stupid shit like leveling characters to shout 'BAD!' in major cities to stir up the masses.

orangeman.png

Make your very own on your server! Join the fight!

• 13Worf
  • 2Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 15 users

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
I've been trying the mythic raid (currently 6/10) and playing my boomkin alt. It's been really fun, lot better than raiding back then in vanilla (much less waiting).

My boomkin though... this is the most fun ive had in pvp ever. He is an assassin. Convoke with stealth, 3 different sprints (dash, roar, night fae), shapeshift out of movement effect, disengage, instant roots, aoe blind in bear, shadowmeld. So many tools to disappear, and the best noob killing ability ever: convoke. I must make so many people rage. Although in M+ I don.t do as much dmg as I thought I would (3k-3k5 with 195ilvl). I can't figure out yet what I'm doing wrong talent or rotation wise... Are people going into eclipse and then pop starfall or the reverse?

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
On a boomkin alt these days myself. Sitting at 188 ilevel right now but already big keks in PvP. So much escapes, kite, and kit this expac.

I plan to PvP as feral endgame though, as its going to be the more viable spec.

Daidraco

I've been trying the mythic raid (currently 6/10) and playing my boomkin alt. It's been really fun, lot better than raiding back then in vanilla (much less waiting).

My boomkin though... this is the most fun ive had in pvp ever. He is an assassin. Convoke with stealth, 3 different sprints (dash, roar, night fae), shapeshift out of movement effect, disengage, instant roots, aoe blind in bear, shadowmeld. So many tools to disappear, and the best noob killing ability ever: convoke. I must make so many people rage. Although in M+ I don.t do as much dmg as I thought I would (3k-3k5 with 195ilvl). I can't figure out yet what I'm doing wrong talent or rotation wise... Are people going into eclipse and then pop starfall or the reverse?
At that ilvl, thats pretty good. Just simply improving your item level and perfecting your stats will get you a higher base line. Keep in mind that this late in the season, people are already in their 220's, which in comparison.. theyre a god to you. The difference between 195 and 220 is night and day.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
On a boomkin alt these days myself. Sitting at 188 ilevel right now but already big keks in PvP. So much escapes, kite, and kit this expac.

I plan to PvP as feral endgame though, as its going to be the more viable spec.
More viable than pressing 1 button and having a good chance of instakilling the enemy team?

• 1WTF

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
More viable than pressing 1 button and having a good chance of instakilling the enemy team?

Boomkin can AOE the enemy team yes, but feral convoke single target slaps hard.

After some more tuning to Balance druids convoke and general game changes, as well as feral bleeds scaling late game, feral should be BIS pvp for druids.

Its already fast ascending in raid damage.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I wonder how many subs they lost for Ion to try and unfuck himself.

Also look at that link at the bottom of the covenant changes, no wonder they can't balance this fucking shit. It's a goddamn War and Peace Novel of adjustments because these retarded faggots add systems on systems on systems. Borrowed power is almost as shitty an idea as dailies and worldquests.

With scheduled weekly maintenance (February 16 in this region), we intend to make tuning adjustments to increase the amount of loot rewarded in Castle Nathria, and to improve the ratios of certain types of drops.

Raid

• Castle Nathria
    • Bosses now drop 33% more loot than before, in all difficulties.
    • Weapons tokens now drop more often than before, in all difficulties.

10-player raids should now see 2 gear items, and 20-player raids should now see 4 gear items from each boss. These adjustments will not affect other loot that drops in Castle Nathria (such as Legendary Memories or Conduits), nor will there be any impact to drops from raid encounters outside Castle Nathria.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

We’ve opened the Public Test Realm (PTR) for Patch 9.0.5, the next update to World of Warcraft, which is now in-testing and expected to be released in March.

This update will be a bit different from our usual patches. It’s focused almost entirely on systems, responding to community feedback about rewards, doing tuning that requires the sort of notice and iteration that a PTR allows, and fixing a range of bugs that are beyond the scope of our ability to hotfix. We know everyone is eager to hear about the next chapter in the Shadowlands saga and what new adventures and rewards it will bring, and we’ll have a lot more information on that in the very near future. In the meantime, we’ll use this patch to get changes into your hands faster than a large content patch would allow.

Here are two of the larger changes you’ll see in 9.0.5, with further iteration to follow over the next few weeks:

Upgradable Mythic Keystone Gear - The Return of Valor Points
We’ve seen a lot of feedback about the pros and cons of the various sources of gear in the Shadowlands endgame. After a rewarding first few weeks, we know that many dungeon-focused players reached a point where the only relevant rewards from the system come from the Great Vault. While the Vault should represent a major goal and the source of the best rewards the endgame has to offer, we want to find a way for the loot from the chest at the end of a challenging Mythic Keystone run to feel relevant, without bringing back random upgrade systems such as Warforging, which partially solved this problem in the past. We also want to provide a more consistent reward for the effort for players who do not receive an item at all.

The framework for a system that attempts to address these goals should be present in this first PTR update, subject to ongoing tuning and refinement. Gear from Mythic Keystone Dungeons is now upgradeable, initially with a cap of item level 200, which players can raise to item level 207 by completing all eight Shadowlands dungeons at Mythic 5 or higher. This will award a new “Keystone Explorer” achievement, while the existing “Keystone Conqueror” achievement (for all +10s or higher) will increase the cap to item level 213, and then to item level 220 by completing the “Keystone Master” achievement for all +15s in time. The currency used to upgrade Mythic Keystone gear is Valor, which is earned from completing Mythic Keystone dungeons, or by doing covenant Callings, with a weekly cap. Upgrade costs will vary by item slot and will be consistent across all item levels.

Covenant and Legendary Tuning
We’ve deliberately used a very light touch with any hotfixes that might affect Covenant or Legendary balance, as we’re keenly aware of the resources players have invested in those systems. A patch, however, allows for ample notice for the community and a testing and feedback loop that should help ensure that we don’t unintentionally undermine your investment in your covenant or legendary items.

In many cases, the changes coming in 9.0.5 are improvements to Legendary items and Covenant class abilities that have seen comparatively less use by players. Our goal with these changes is to provide more gameplay options for crafting and utilizing Legendary items in specific situations, and to make sure that more players feel that the Covenant that suits their aesthetic, narrative, or other preferences for their character also feels more viable for their preferred playstyle.

We’ll have a number of bugfixes, tuning adjustments to other systems, and other changes coming to the PTR in the coming weeks.

The 9.0.5 PTR is available to all players via your Blizzard Battle.net App. To test with us, go to the app and change your Game Version to Public Test Realm.

We greatly appreciate bug reports! As always, while testing on the PTR, you can submit a bug report for any item, spell, or object by mousing over it and selecting default hotkey F6. Bug reports created in this way include valuable metadata about the spell, your talents, and your player-state when the bug is submitted. If you’ve unbound your “Open Bug Report” hotkey, you can rebind it in Keybindings -> PTR.

If you wish to discuss issues related to this patch with other players, we’ve opened a discussion forum here.

9.0.5 PTR General Discussion

Thank you for testing, and we look forward to your feedback!

Are we going to get a preview of these covenant/legendary tuning passes, or do we need to go to the PTR and discover them ourselves?
Along those lines, this first build of the 9.0.5 PTR only includes Covenant ability changes. The build next week (and thereafter) should include Legendary changes.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Mist Mist looks like the dot portion of The Hunt for Havoc was doubled as of tomorrow.

Decent bandaid for lack of talent reworks and core ability changes to be competitive in PvP.

1613472766176.png

Its good they are paying attention to class issues.

This marks the 3rd expansion where DH is balanced with borrowed power over core mechanics or specific ability buffs/changes.

I'm not going to complain about doubling the Hunt's dot damage though DH need all the help they can get right now.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
MM got a 3% AOE nerf

1613473012563.png

Fire Mage go was tuned down via covenant nerfs to both main covenants for Fire Mages

1613473080628.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
None of that stuff is going live today. Also, the datamined changes are meaningless, they're just base tooltip fixes to catch up with the existing hotfixes.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Are you saying convoke is at 12 spells on live right now? Give me an example of a hotfix where the PTR is just a tooltip update.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, for one, you're reading those backwards. The red is the old and the green underlined text is the new.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
OK that would have it make more sense, but doesn't make sense why its on PTR.

So you're saying the tooltip for Convoke was 12 and is now 16?

AFAIK Convoke has been at 16 on the tooltip on Live forever. I'll check right now. That's pretty much the entire reason I'm "reading them backwards" because there is no way to make sense of them.

Maybe with a timeliness of existing hot fixes and changes it makes sense.

Convoke is at 16 already and I checked last week and saw 16 as well. And isn't the original Aug-Sept note 16?

Last edited:

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You have to be careful reading string updates. A lot of those string changes are shown because the data miners compare the new patch to the prior patch. Hotfixes between the patches wouldn’t be in the old patch so they look like new changes, but have actually already been implemented on live.

There are currently very few balancing changes in 9.0.5. Hopefully there will be more instead of waiting until 9.1.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Yeah. Was on the last fight of a +15 De Other Side... and we got dropped to character select. Log back in, key is a +14 and we are all in our Covenants. Fun.