World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I doubt it. Bliz isnt exactly known for acting fast. Plus why would they give even 1/2 a fuck.. they just want you to buy LEGION be a DEMON HUNTER ILLIDAN RAWR... It isn't game breaking and it isn't an exploit. Plus for the few of us who are afking for the sweet welfare xp there are plenty of people fighting and resetting trying to farm shards for some god awful reason.. They would be more likely to change the fact you can reset it to level 1. There are also tons of people making raids and shit for this.. So I am pretty sure the afk leeches are the minority in this. Even though they are the smart ones and everyone else is a sucker.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
They did fix the reset "exploit" you can no longer leave and reset and keep getting XP bombs.

Wait. People are making raids for this shit? ROFL.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Made raids for it when I was grinding them on my Alliance Warr but that was because it was Alliance-heavy PVP realm in a battlegroup/CRZ with 3 Horde-heavy PVP realms. Even with raids Alliance were still basically delegated to tagging and running or get insta PKd.

I'd be pissed if they nerfed the exp. Literally no reason to other then "lol fuck you players leveling alts". They should add a fucking teleporter to main cities that ports you to the active invasions.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I had a kid smack dab in the middle of WoD. Now he's one and i find myself having a bit more play time, and wanted to pick this back up. I play on Stormrage ( alliance pve ).

I have a 100 Mage 688 Ilvl
100 Warrior 660
100 Dk 650
100 Priest shit
95 warlock.

Everything else is 90.

I haven't really been able to catch up much on Legion / current state of wow. Would anyone be so kind as to give me either in reply or pm on how to get back on your feet, what to do meanwhile, and then what classes / specs are the go to for Legion. I've been trying the best i can to sift through all the info, and read all 50+ pages of this thread, but its a bit overwhelming. Really need a TLDR how to wow.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You literally have to do nothing to get back on your feet. Its the preseason heading into the expansion. Loot and XP are raining down like candy from the sky. If you are thinking of playing log in some in the next couple of weeks and do some of the legion event shit. Everything else aside from farming achievements and other optional shit is 100% worthless. Once the 30th rolls around everything will be replaced by quest greens as it always is. Now is a good time to fuck around with UI's and get used to the pruning the classes took.

If you were used to a class before you aren't now.. That shit is a new 3 button rotation.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel like the invasions are a weird version of Garrisons... I have this urge to just log everyone in, do the invasions, and then log out! But to cycle through all the characters I have right now takes a while, so it's taking up all my time! haha

velk

Trakanon Raider
Should I try to use up my wod crafting mats? Like from garrison? Or is not worth the time?

As far as I know, legion crafts do not use your crafting skill for anything, so it's pointless unless you want some draenor crafted toys or whatever. Exception is probably engineering - there's lots of teleport toys that have a min engineering skill to use.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Decent, it's about 33%-50% of a level per invasion at 90+
Wear heirlooms. It's like 1.3-1.4 levels per 'set' of invasions then at higher levels. Got several alts I never intended to play from 90-100 over a day and a half.

Also, the chests scale with when you open them not when you got them, so just store em up until you hit 100 and instantly have full 700 gear.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Also worth mentioning that some of the itemlevel 700 pieces are bit worse than their "baleful" 695 Tanaan counterparts because they do not have the mainstat on them.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
the new model for stats on rings/necklaces also make some items way better than their item level. i have 2 710 rings on my Warrior since i started after the artifact was removed but the 700 invasion ring is actually better due to str not being valued as highly on a tank, but they have a shit ton of mastery/haste (going from 80ish mastery to 360ish) which are primary stats.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Check out this sexy UI. With all the work I've put into my custom UI, I'm still considering scrapping it and going with this.

Towelliee's Tank UI / LUI 1920x1080

pvw54692_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Sorry for the little weeney pic. Couldn't figure out how to enlarge it (life story)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I may do the same... although the one I have is quite functional now. This one is more elegant. Also, anyone for mythics or whatever tonight? I want mah trinket and I will deeps or heal.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So for heirlooms do you need to upgrade them to 90/100 to get the exp bonus?

I only ask because if I'm just afking, what' sthe point

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So for heirlooms do you need to upgrade them to 90/100 to get the exp bonus?

I only ask because if I'm just afking, what' sthe point
If you're 90+ then yes it must be upgraded 2/2 to get the exp bonus through level 100. For me, the point would be fewer invasions to max level. I think the max xp bonus is 75%. 10% on chest, legs, helm, shoulders. 5% on cloak and rings. 20% from garrison potion.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think upgrading them is worth if you intend to level multiple alts in the next week with the invasions.

I only play main + one alt during any given expansion. Any more is just too much. But I might level up another just because its available to do and the invasion frequency will be increasing.

Where do you get bonus EXP rings?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If you're 90+ then yes it must be upgraded 2/2 to get the exp bonus through level 100. For me, the point would be fewer invasions to max level. I think the max xp bonus is 75%. 10% on chest, legs, helm, shoulders. 5% on cloak and rings. 20% from garrison potion.
If you're only afk'ing, just upgrade the cloth heirlooms. Everyone can wear them and get the bonus xp.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
@ the towellie UI

Not bad but what's with the fucking bars he added around the borders of the screen? I don't want to feel like I'm playing SC2

I'll just keep altering ElvUI until it looks sufficiently minimal to me.